Great CB going for nothing

Gringo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not advocating rushing out and re-signing him but does anyone seriously know how his rehabilitation is going? I'm only only interested because up until that fateful night he had been a great servant to the club. I sincerely hope he gets his life back on track. He made a massive mistake that night but should be allowed to move on with his life. 

On 20/07/2020 at 15:51, Asheville Ram said:

Mel,

Swallow your pride and offer Keogh a deal, he is solid and dependable and will cost nothing.

I assume from your request that you know that he has recovered from his self inflicted injury and is now ready to play?

If that is so, the answer should still be thanks but no thanks.

On 20/07/2020 at 18:34, G-Ram said:

I liked Keogh thought he was good at this level & up until the incident a fantastic servant for the club. 

But he's 33. Had career threatening injury & wont be getting any better as a footballer at that age.

Whilst not getting promoted in the time he was here wasn't solely his fault. Even if he was fit & hadn't had an injury, why go back to a player who has failed with us time & time again?‍♂️

We need to improve on him 

Yes I would say that's a fair summary. I expect if he does recover and gets himself fully fit, Richard Keogh will receive offers from championship and league one clubs. As the original poster suggested, a decent centre back available as a free agent. 

On 21/07/2020 at 14:45, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm not advocating rushing out and re-signing him but does anyone seriously know how his rehabilitation is going? I'm only only interested because up until that fateful night he had been a great servant to the club. I sincerely hope he gets his life back on track. He made a massive mistake that night but should be allowed to move on with his life. 

Yes he certainly has served his punishment, which appears harsh compared to the other two players, who don't seem to have fully shown contrition. The guy made a massive mistake and perhaps frequently relives that night, wishing he had stayed home....

8 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes he certainly has served his punishment, which appears harsh compared to the other two players, who don't seem to have fully shown contrition. The guy made a massive mistake and perhaps frequently relives that night, wishing he had stayed home....

He had the option to stay with us. 

How do you know he wishes to stay at home, doesn't seem that kind of guy.

On 25/07/2020 at 23:04, RoyMac5 said:

He had the option to stay with us. 

How do you know he wishes to stay at home, doesn't seem that kind of guy.

"perhaps frequently relives that night, wishing he had stayed home...."

If you read my post, I was clearly talking in the past tense, in the context of what happened. 

On 25/07/2020 at 21:54, europia said:

How haven’t the other two shown contrition ? Especially Lawrence , genuine question . 

On 25/07/2020 at 21:54, europia said:

Yes he certainly has served his punishment, which appears harsh compared to the other two players, who don't seem to have fully shown contrition.

Has Keogh shown any contrition? Bennett has been (will be?) shown the door. Lawrence again warned about his 'behaviour' by Cocu.

Archived