Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Same for Stoke and Southampton. I'm struggling to remember a stadium in the Championship with better facilities. Mr Plopodoplous on the Bristol forum thinks it's a "laugh" to consider Derby's facilities to be better than theirs ?‍♂️ Of course Mr Messenger considers our stadium to be "bog standard" so you have to feel sorry for almost every club in the country, bar a handful in the Prem, who have stadium which must be described as worse than bog standard.

Haven't Bristol been doing up their ground quite recently?

Seriously, it's strange how many "modern" grounds have different levels of facilities.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been to Swansea and Cardiff's new stadiums too, and honestly they're not a patch on Pride Park either, despite being much more modern.  Cardiff's looks like a building site inside, with them having to put loads of banners and flags up around the rafters to hide all the exposed steel and support structures.  Swansea's just looks like a smaller version of ours, but they've done nowhere near as good a job of hiding the concourses and walkways so there's big swathes of concrete visible all over the place.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Haven't Bristol been doing up their ground quite recently?

Seriously, it's strange how many "modern" grounds have different levels of facilities.

Wiki says completed prior to the 16/17 season. I last went down there in Lampard's season and found it lacking in a number of areas.

'MFC' come out of this really badly. It seems that the EFL entered into proceedings

'UPON MFC confirming irrevocably that, in the event that the EFL commences disciplinary proceedings against [the Club] in respect of breach of the P&S Rules in (at least) the 2017/18 season, it will not pursue in the Arbitration Proceedings any claim'

Having been bullied by 'MFC', the EFL, knowing they could not win the case, initiated proceedings against DCFC. 

I hope 'MFC' don't get away scot free.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Isn't it calculated every 6 months?
Contract extension in the first 6 months = full year of amortisation now split over new contract length
Contract extension in final 6 months = half year of amortisation split over new contract length

Yes you could be right.

But given that the players left prior to the accounts being signed off, unless we got fees for them, there would be sufficient evidence available that the year end value should be £0.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wiki says completed prior to the 16/17 season. I last went down there in Lampard's season and found it lacking in a number of areas.

The away stand wasnt done up

The three new stands are quite nice tbf, better than what they had at least

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

'MFC' come out of this really badly. It seems that the EFL entered into proceedings

'UPON MFC confirming irrevocably that, in the event that the EFL commences disciplinary proceedings against [the Club] in respect of breach of the P&S Rules in (at least) the 2017/18 season, it will not pursue in the Arbitration Proceedings any claim'

Having been bullied by 'MFC', the EFL, knowing they could not win the case, initiated proceedings against DCFC. 

I hope 'MFC' don't get away scot free.

Going to cost them 50K costs minimum plus the directors sarnies might taste a bit odd on their next visit

image.png.615731b539efb339eb6529d405a33c56.png

So that's the Tangible Assets page from 'Boro's last set of filed accounts.  It's reasonable to assume the bulk of that land and buildings is the stadium.  The training ground is included too, but I'm going to assume it's a relatively small part.  So Gibson values his own stadium at ~£50m from a revaluation done in 2018 too, and based on the same methodology as us (DRC), but thinks ours is only worth £22m.

The major differences between our actual value and his appear to be the rebuild cost (£86m for them, £100m-£117m for us), and the amount of depreciation (~45% for them, ~30% for us). So allowing for Pride Park being a slightly newer, and having had a lot of work done on it (upgrades and maintenance), there's really not that much difference between the valuations.

(Usual disclaimer about me not being an accountant etc)

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Great analysis by Simon Jordan. Well worth a listen and in a nutshell describes EFL Agendas as discussing the colour of the linesman’s flag whilst Clubs sink. ?

He's right on the EFL being rubbish and the fact the clubs vote for the rules they want etc, but i thought he got almost all of the technical details wrong.  We didn't inflate the value of Pride Park by including future expansion etc, and he was completely wrong on how our amortisation policy works.  It's frustrating because fans from other clubs listen to this stuff and come to wrong conclusions about what we've done and how we've 'got away with it' etc.

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

He's right on the EFL being rubbish and the fact the clubs vote for the rules they want etc, but i thought he got almost all of the technical details wrong.  We didn't inflate the value of Pride Park by including future expansion etc, and he was completely wrong on how our amortisation policy works.  It's frustrating because fans from other clubs listen to this stuff and come to wrong conclusions about what we've done and how we've 'got away with it' etc.

With all due respect @duncanjwithamwithout wishing to start a debate I do think he did explain things pretty well. We don’t use the “straight line” amortisation method and selling the stadium is a legitimate way to attract profit under the present rules. He also explained clearly why Wendies got hammered and we didn’t. I’ll let others listen and they’ll form their own views.

Archived