Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Maybe we should adopt the Millwall song “no one likes us we don’t care “

The Wendies will then sue us for copyright infringement for stealing something of there’s again  

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Going to be honest, this sort of thing constantly happening is killing my love of football. It really is. 

Aye, my thoughts exactly. Football is a sideshow to the real showpiece which is writing letters to the EFL and begging for teams to receive point deductions. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

Aye, my thoughts exactly. Football is a sideshow to the real showpiece which is writing letters to the EFL and begging for teams to receive point deductions. 

It's genuinely getting me down.

I honestly think there's been more controversies than highlights this season. It's not just our club either; football is just being spoilt by greed and data and noise.

Sorry to be a downer.

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I honestly think there's been more controversies than highlights this season. It's not just our club either; football is just being spoilt by greed and data and noise.

Sorry to be a downer.

The Premier League have done a remarkable job in marketing their product and I just find the incompetence of the EFL really infuriating. 

I think the real crime is that it wasn't long ago where Championship clubs, certainly big Championship clubs, were genuinely fantastic investment opportunities due to the strength of the Premier League. FFP and P&S have simply restricted investment and now no one, aside from the charlatans that seem to limbo under their 'fit and proper persons' test standard are really interested in buying a football club - or even investing in on. 

If you removed the financial restrictions that plague clubs at this level, you would get some clubs spending stupid money again. I also guarantee that you would get a much better product to market and a lot more money men actually interested in putting their cash into clubs that really need it. You would also remove all this nonsense around point deductions and financial penalties. I really don't understand how you can punish a team for overspending when you have several teams in the same league with much higher wage bills - it makes no sense. The rules were meant to protect clubs from going bust, how does hitting them with point deductions and trying to relegate clubs protect them. Shambles. 

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If all it takes for the EFL to launch investigations is for other clubs to complain I suggest Mel keeps a list of the names and starts making complaints of his own.

Like about the time Gibson sold his clubs tax loss and counted that against the P&L. Let's start there shall we.

It’s a good point. The vast majority of championship clubs are experts at creative accounting. Whatever any of them have done I wonder how many have actually gained unfairly from it ? Certainly our spree a few years ago didn’t exactly advance our cause to anyone’s detriment .. we are where we have been for the last 13 years more or less. I suppose “everyone’s at it” isn’t really ideal as a modus vivendi, but given the mess that PL money has made of football finances it isn’t at all surprising 

4 hours ago, Duracell said:

Do you not think that if everyone is telling us we're in the wrong, it might mean that we're in the wrong, rather than everyone else being wrong about us being in the wrong?

Just thinking aloud. We've been accused of many things, us Derby fans. Self-awareness is not one of them.

You could be wrong that we’re wrong and 2 wrongs don’t make a right @Duracell. Or something. ?

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The Premier League have done a remarkable job in marketing their product and I just find the incompetence of the EFL really infuriating. 

I think the real crime is that it wasn't long ago where Championship clubs, certainly big Championship clubs, were genuinely fantastic investment opportunities due to the strength of the Premier League. FFP and P&S have simply restricted investment and now no one, aside from the charlatans that seem to limbo under their 'fit and proper persons' test standard are really interested in buying a football club - or even investing in on. 

If you removed the financial restrictions that plague clubs at this level, you would get some clubs spending stupid money again. I also guarantee that you would get a much better product to market and a lot more money men actually interested in putting their cash into clubs that really need it. You would also remove all this nonsense around point deductions and financial penalties. I really don't understand how you can punish a team for overspending when you have several teams in the same league with much higher wage bills - it makes no sense. The rules were meant to protect clubs from going bust, how does hitting them with point deductions and trying to relegate clubs protect them. Shambles. 

All I’ll add to that is that everything from the transfer market to season/match ticket to replica shirts to even more overpriced meat pies come along with scrapping everything etc. As always they’re needs to be a fine balance between everything.

Think that’s with everything in life to be honest 

24 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Sorry to be a downer.

Don’t apologise @Nuwtflyyou are spot on. 

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Its strange, that the article started by the "Mail" did not name any clubs that have allegedly complained. The Mail are constantly giving the Rams bad press write ups. Is there a Forest or Leeds fan journalist who writes this. Also strange to state that there is no comment from the EFL or Derby County. I feel there is someone at the Mail stirring the pot, hoping that they can raise another charge. They even state possible 2 lots of points deductions and the Rams facing relegation. Any Rams fan should stop buying this vile Tory supporting newspaper.

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

And still, with 3 weeks to go until the new season and almost 6 months since fans were allowed in stadiums, the EFL havent yet announced how they will help clubs who have lost a lot of money.

Relaxing the P&S rules would cost the EFL absolutely nothing.

I cant remember where but a while back Parry was quoted as saying words to the effect that 50% of clubs potentially having severe financial difficulty was overblown & no need to get anxious because & clubs would cope.............So there you have it. Apparently don't worry, just put your head in the sand.

16 hours ago, Nookiebear1 said:

They really mean making something stick with us don't they

Hopefully Mel is "Teflon" and nothing will stick. If this happens, we should counter sue the protesters. You don't see Tesco's moaning about what Asda are doing and trying to look for faults that are'nt there.

Archived