Test Cricket is Back

sage

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Tiny gripe...but really is getting on my t**s that the bowling speed is shown in km.

136 km or whatever means nowt. It's 90mph that has meaning to me 

Of all the cricketing nations, only England (the UK really) and the West Indies measure speeds in MPH.

14 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Joe Root could well have cost England this test with a moment of madness.

India a bowler short and looking clueless then he lets them in.

His dismissals this series are indicative of a scrambled mind. 

Joe Root as always scored quickly he as no need to play any differently to how he’s always played 

Just now, Henrycav81 said:

Joe Root as always scored quickly he as no need to play any differently to how he’s always played 

He’s accumulated runs beautifully and today was looking good. His job was to get a century on a pretty flat pitch.

India looked deflated and he suddenly played a shot with high risk.

I wouldn’t have a problem with him playing it in the afternoon when we were closer to their total but he brought India back into the game.

Anyway, our bowling has been toothless and hasn’t threatened India’s reserve team.

11 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

The 'Bazball' way of playing has made the whole game much better viewing...but there's a big difference between being aggressive and being ridiculously reckless where there is very little benefit to outweigh the risk. Crazy shot in the circumstances.

It's a shame, as this was teed up nicely with us having nicked the first test. We were second best in the 2nd test and we've been taken apart in this one. Winning tests in India is not easy, is it, but a lot of damage seems self-inflicted this time around. Jaiswal looks some player though and Safaraz too. 

I'm not a fan of England's hyper aggressive style. This test was obviously an embarrassment, but in all honesty we've already exceeded my expectations for an India tour. I'm not expecting a win in Ranchi, but we have to be more competitive. I just wish certain players would think before running their mouths. Ben Duckett is rightly getting ripped to shreds for his idiotic comments during this test. Confidence and positivity aren't bad things, but neither are respect and humility.

Strange first day to the fourth test.

Morning session the pitch very unpredictable. England 112-5.

Afternoon session England don’t lose a wicket and are close to 200.

Root and Foakes have batted beautifully and sensibly. Bazball abandoned for a while.

So pleased for Joe. He was playing well in his last innings before his brain fade moment.

Looks really determined to put that right.

If England can get close to 300, this could be very interesting.

Pleased that Robinson is playing. Hope he can hit the right areas because he could take a few wickets with his height and the unpredictable bounce.

16 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Our quicks being able to hit those cracks will be crucial. The ball was jagging about a bit and the one that got Stokes practically rolled along the ground 

Commentators said that the early morning dew on the pitch makes it behave erratically so it’s difficult to know what to hope for tomorrow. Bazball might be back from Root and Robinson so we can get at India well before lunch.

Batting looked far easier in the afternoon.

34 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Been a far better match than the last. It's a horrible strip and it's become something or a war of attrition, but unsurprisingly, India have got their noses back in it and it's now England needing things to happen.

It’s a pretty even match now. The wicket hasn’t deteriorated as much as most experts thought. The odd one bounces or keeps low but overall it’s pretty slow and flat. 

Will Bazball return? England might decide that they need to have a go before one comes with their name on it.

Anderson and Robinson haven’t been effective today and Bashkirs might be tired in the second innings so we will need to score 300+ to set them 350 or more.

Jurel batted really well. He’s such a calm character.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

It’s a pretty even match now. The wicket hasn’t deteriorated as much as most experts thought. The odd one bounces or keeps low but overall it’s pretty slow and flat. 

Not sure I agree. I'm seeing a fair few keeping low and the scoring rates clearly indicate how studious the batters are needing to be. I'd be surprised to see us set India 300. 350 would be a minor miracle.