Limited attendance

sage

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sage said:

I think we won't sell many more than 11k season tickets under the current situation anyway.

I would imagine the majority of those over 65, asthmatic, pregnant, type 1 diabetic or living with someone in the above categories won't renew this season.

We renewed before coronavirus although we do tick two of those boxes between us. 

As things stand now, we would mask up and go if invited.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

We renewed before coronavirus although we do tick two of those boxes between us. 

As things stand now, we would mask up and go if invited.

Congratulations. When is it due?

49 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look what happened to wigan with no fans there about go bust

Whether you like this or not,all clubs in the PL and Championship could survive and flourish without fans attending matches. It's the broadcasters now who hold all the cards not the fans. Why do you think football has restarted behind closed doors,it's nothing whatsoever concerning fans being allowed to watch football again, that'a obvious when you have midweek games being televised at a 5PM kick-off when most fans would still be at work or on their way home. It's about the money Sky, BT etc. would have claimed back from both leagues being unable to fulfil their contracts, If they hadn't restarted then a good few teams would have been in financial trouble,the dangling carrot of money received by the clubs for broadcasting rights has got bigger and bigger as time has gone on and it is that money which by and large is keeping clubs afloat and rely on,not the supporters money any more.

6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Whether you like this or not,all clubs in the PL and Championship could survive and flourish without fans attending matches. It's the broadcasters now who hold all the cards not the fans. Why do you think football has restarted behind closed doors,it's nothing whatsoever concerning fans being allowed to watch football again, that'a obvious when you have midweek games being televised at a 5PM kick-off when most fans would still be at work or on their way home. It's about the money Sky, BT etc. would have claimed back from both leagues being unable to fulfil their contracts, If they hadn't restarted then a good few teams would have been in financial trouble,the dangling carrot of money received by the clubs for broadcasting rights has got bigger and bigger as time has gone on and it is that money which by and large is keeping clubs afloat and rely on,not the supporters money any more.

PL could but not Championship clubs. 

At least half of Derby's income is match related.  

There was a graphic on Twitter a few months ago which listed the percentage of income that came from matchday revenue for Championship clubs. I wished I had saved it as I recall Derby's was one of the highest in the Championship.

For a team at our level with a big ground, strong attendances and no parachute payments it is still a decent proportion of our revenue. Maybe 30%? 

Did anyone else see it? 

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Hard to see how they decide who gets to renew their ST then if it's only 10k seats. Don't we have nearly 20k ST holders?

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Easy - start with those that have had the most consecutive years and work down ?

2 hours ago, sage said:

I think its more like 17k season ticket holders. I imagine a fair chunk of those won't renew in the current circumstances. 

As people have already started renewing I think it will be first come first served.

As there will be no away fans I guess we are looking at around 11k fans.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Free Rams TV for the period in which attendances are limited.

Rotation. Every ST holder is guaranteed one in 2 games, based on 22k STs and an 11k capacity. No idea how you'd mitigate for people with a more expensive category, but that's the fairest thing I can come up with.

This has already been discussed on here, and I have already come up with the fairest... and safest... solution...

Nearest wins!  ?

Based on your already-registered post code, in relation to the centre spot at PPS, as the crow flies*.  No falsifying, or changing your address to a relative, or a work colleague!

Reduces travel time, so good news from a virus and environmental point of view.  Less people relying on public transport, or even car sharing (at an unsociable distance).

Some of those at the very top of the priority list will be able to enjoy a pleasant half hour stroll, in the sunshine and fresh air... quite possibly around past the cricket ground, up past the new jag place/old cattle market, through Costco, and bear right at Burger King.
OK, that's just a random route that came into my head.  In reality, I could be... I mean, people could be coming from all directions!

Oh... and any late changes to kick off times thanks to Sky... no problem.  The locals will still be there!  Not a problem!

#foolproof

*Not the crow that poos on the b45t4rd5 below, as he'll be diverting over Nottingham.  It'll have to be a different crow!

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, it might have been as high as that, Sage. I know it was significant.

I'm sure it was 40% season tickets and match tickets. Then you add food, corporate, hospitality, programmes, reduced sponsoship and adverts and it will definitely be over 50%.  

It's going to be tricky however the club manage it, and will probably need a decent amount of investment in technology, stewarding and physical changes to the ground to make it workable. 

A German tech company has been working with the Bundesliga on a similar 1/3 basis, and are in talks with several English club's including Liverpool, but the cost of the measures is £100k per game.

This includes temperature checks on arrival, social distancing queues to enter the ground, one way flows in the concourse, toilets, stairwells and to the seats, with the accompanying extra stewards and cameras to enforce those rules.

Even at an ambitious £35 per game for a 12000 audience that would be £320,000 income instead of £420,000. That would be £805 quid for a season ticket, which by the time you add in discounts and concessions I'd think would be more than double the likely take, we'd probably be looking at closer to £200,000 income, even including corporate, leaving a profit of £100,000 a game. A whole season would generate £2.3m profit!

Roughly six months of Rooney.

If that's the scenario in which we can return, and I don't think it's far off, I'd scrap season ticket sales for next season, with the promise of honouring renewal prices and categories next season if it's possible to return.

Sell 12,000 individual match tickets at £35, no concessions on a 1st come, 1st serve basis for each fixture next season, and allow all waiting ST holders to watch every game live on RamsTv for a £5.

As someone who unfortunately falls into the extremely vulnerable category, there's little point in my renewing my season ticket until I get vaccinated.

However, I would pay a nominal fee to reserve my seat and in addition sign up to a Rams TV season ticket.  If that covered home and away, I'd be happy to run to a couple of hundred pounds or so.

Once it was appropriate for me and possible for the club, I would upgrade from the Rams TV to my full season ticket at a pro-rata price.

It could be that a Rams TV season ticket, alongside a reduced season ticket allocation might mean the financial burden is not as great on as others.  Particularly as there might be a sizeable uptake from non-season ticket holding 'armchair' Rams fans who are used to getting their sporting fix via Sky already.

Much will depend on whether Sky is willing to support clubs to stay in business or is prepared to let clubs go to the wall, protecting it's commercial rights while simultaneously ignoring the impact on their offer to their customers with a ten team Championship.

19 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

This has already been discussed on here, and I have already come up with the fairest... and safest... solution...

Nearest wins!  ?

Based on your already-registered post code, in relation to the centre spot at PPS, as the crow flies*.  No falsifying, or changing your address to a relative, or a work colleague!

Reduces travel time, so good news from a virus and environmental point of view.  Less people relying on public transport, or even car sharing (at an unsociable distance).

Some of those at the very top of the priority list will be able to enjoy a pleasant half hour stroll, in the sunshine and fresh air... quite possibly around past the cricket ground, up past the new jag place/old cattle market, through Costco, and bear right at Burger King.
OK, that's just a random route that came into my head.  In reality, I could be... I mean, people could be coming from all directions!

Oh... and any late changes to kick off times thanks to Sky... no problem.  The locals will still be there!  Not a problem!

#foolproof

*Not the crow that poos on the b45t4rd5 below, as he'll be diverting over Nottingham.  It'll have to be a different crow!

Clearly this is wrong. Being a Billy no mates living in Tamworth I don’t car share and therefore don’t need to worry about social distancing when travelling to matches. 

with regard to public transport, have you seen the price and times for trains from Tamworth and back (not to mention the cost of parking at Tamworth station)?

I therefore propose people travelling on their own, in their own cars, from Tamworth get priority. I’ll let you sort it out amongst yourselves after that. ?

3 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

As someone who unfortunately falls into the extremely vulnerable category, there's little point in my renewing my season ticket until I get vaccinated.

However, I would pay a nominal fee to reserve my seat and in addition sign up to a Rams TV season ticket.  If that covered home and away, I'd be happy to run to a couple of hundred pounds or so.

Once it was appropriate for me and possible for the club, I would upgrade from the Rams TV to my full season ticket at a pro-rata price.

It could be that a Rams TV season ticket, alongside a reduced season ticket allocation might mean the financial burden is not as great on as others.  Particularly as there might be a sizeable uptake from non-season ticket holding 'armchair' Rams fans who are used to getting their sporting fix via Sky already.

Much will depend on whether Sky is willing to support clubs to stay in business or is prepared to let clubs go to the wall, protecting it's commercial rights while simultaneously ignoring the impact on their offer to their customers with a ten team Championship.

If the following season kicks off and there is any kind of restriction of ST sales/attendance numbers then the club has to 100% ring fence your season ticket seat until it is legally allowed to attend games with no restrictions.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Clearly this is wrong. Being a Billy no mates living in Tamworth I don’t car share and therefore don’t need to worry about social distancing when travelling to matches. 

with regard to public transport, have you seen the price and times for trains from Tamworth and back (not to mention the cost of parking at Tamworth station)?

I therefore propose people travelling on their own, in their own cars, from Tamworth get priority. I’ll let you sort it out amongst yourselves after that. ?

Fair comment.
Can you pick me up from down by the cricket ground if it's raining!  Cheers!  ?

Archived