Forum Update 01/07/20 - Please Read, important information

Day

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree that the font is a little too grey and a little skinny?  I guess it'll take a while for these eyes of mine to adjust.

Also, when clicking on the bell icon at the very top (Notifications), I can now only see 3 notifications at one time, so need to start scrolling to see the 4th etc.  (I used to see at least 4 in the window frame thingy!)
Now, to many of you, that may not be such a burden.  I can fully understand that, for obvious reasons.

But I'm a popular guy.  I have lot's and lot's of reactions to check out, and often respond to, with things like "Thank you so much for laughing hysterically at my joke" or "So pleased you liked my post, my good man" or "Well, of course you agreed with me, as I am never wrong".  You know, that sort of thing!

Anyway, that can all take up a lot of my time, before I can even think about getting back to catching up on the actual forum, so perhaps you could extend the notifications list to cover the full screen height... top to bottom...  and maybe wider too, to thin out the number of lines?  Maybe 15-20 notifications in one view?  It hardly matters that it may cover the rest of the forum, to be fair! 

...What's that you say?  Oh!  Charming!  I'm not sure I'm agile enough to do THAT!   

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd agree that the font is a little too grey and a little skinny?  I guess it'll take a while for these eyes of mine to adjust.

Also, when clicking on the bell icon at the very top (Notifications), I can now only see 3 notifications at one time, so need to start scrolling to see the 4th etc.  (I used to see at least 4 in the window frame thingy!)
Now, to many of you, that may not be such a burden.  I can fully understand that, for obvious reasons.

But I'm a popular guy.  I have lot's and lot's of reactions to check out, and often respond to, with things like "Thank you so much for laughing hysterically at my joke" or "So pleased you liked my post, my good man" or "Well, of course you agreed with me, as I am never wrong".  You know, that sort of thing!

Anyway, that can all take up a lot of my time, before I can even think about getting back to catching up on the actual forum, so perhaps you could extend the notifications list to cover the full screen height... top to bottom...  and maybe wider too, to thin out the number of lines?  Maybe 15-20 notifications in one view?  It hardly matters that it may cover the rest of the forum, to be fair! 

...What's that you say?  Oh!  Charming!  I'm not sure I'm agile enough to do THAT!   

Click on view all notification at the bottom and you will get a full screen view of all your many likes 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Click on view all notification at the bottom and you will get a full screen view of all your many likes 

Oh My Lord!
Pages and pages... and pages... of the little beauties!
I just let out a little wee, in all the excitement!

I'm gonna go back right to the start, and count 'em all again!

Thank you @David.  No seriously, @David, I really appreciate this.  You've absolutely no idea how thrilled I am about this, @David.

You, @David, are an absolute star. 

...Oh the star of @David.  So that's where it came from!  I can see why!

Thanks again, @David

Don't suppose I can borrow your tumble drier for 10 mins, can I, @David?  Just to freshen 'em up a bit?  

David

In all seriousness I don't know how you do it!

To have navigated this fansite through over a million posts and dealt with all the technical hitches and glitches.

Not to mention the swings and roundabouts of outrageous fortune.

Could only be tolerated by a true Rams supporter.

Well done!

3 hours ago, David said:

You wouldn't have no. 

The standard out the box way was clicking a topic title would take you to the first page where as clicking the dot/star would take you to the first unread.

I modified it so clicking either would take you to the first unread. For years I was campaigning on the software support forum for this to be default behaviour but they wouldn't have it.

When the streams were introduced they added a filter option that allowed you to go the first unread which I enabled and forced on every user, with that and the modified links within forums it's all people have known.

With this latest update they have finally given in and allowed users to have the option, unfortunately there is no way for me to mass update everyone to this standard behaviour. I can however modify individual accounts but to update 7000+ accounts would take me a while!

Have you got anything better to do? ?

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Still excruciatingly slow for me. Connection is fine, behaviour is the same across other devices and over mobile data too. 

Same here, but when @Bossman says things will improve once something happens something something background something, then I for one have every faith in him and his somethings!

Hope I've not been too technical for anyone.  (Waits for cheers emoji to appear)...   ?

18 hours ago, David said:

Finally, the forum may run a little slow at times whilst opening topics, due to the nature of the update we have several background tasks running which is unavoidable, once these have been completed you should see normal speeds resume. 

Please be patient with me when reporting issues, some may take a little longer than others to fix.

1 hour ago, Brummie Steve said:

David

In all seriousness I don't know how you do it!

To have navigated this fansite through over a million posts and dealt with all the technical hitches and glitches.

Not to mention the swings and roundabouts of outrageous fortune.

Could only be tolerated by a true Rams supporter.

Well done!

To think he started out on a Forest forum, watch him deny it.

Archived