Forum Update 01/07/20 - Please Read, important information

Day

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, David said:

Can you let me know if the colours are any better for you now?

It seems the same. I've basically taken to ignoring the grey and just focusing on the black which is all that really matters anyway!

3 minutes ago, sage said:

@David has anyone mentioned it's very slow

They have and I did cover this earlier, however I am noticing on my side it's starting to improve now as the tasks near completion.

9 minutes ago, David said:

They have and I did cover this earlier, however I am noticing on my side it's starting to improve now as the tasks near completion.

Much quicker on my phone now.

Not a huge fan of the new look but I’m sure it will grow on me. I hated the last big revamp at first but I couldn’t imagine it any other way after a few days.

I've noticed we have to hit the 'star' or the 'bullet' mark now, to get to last unread post. Where as before we could hit the thread title to get to last unread post, preferred that way. If you hit the thread title now it takes me to the start of the thread, which can be annoying. 

1 hour ago, archram said:

I think that’s a bit better- will take me a bit to adjust. Perhaps the background is a more dazzling white?! Thanks, anyway, I’m sure I’ll get used to it and stop noticing.

I think the font is either smaller or thinner. It's certainly more difficult to read. 

32 minutes ago, mozza said:

I've noticed we have to hit the 'star' or the 'bullet' mark now, to get to last unread post. Where as before we could hit the thread title to get to last unread post, preferred that way. If you hit the thread title now it takes me to the start of the thread, which can be annoying. 

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/35071-forum-update-010720-please-read-important-information/?do=findComment&comment=1883593

5 hours ago, David said:

I accept.

Account Settings > Content View Behaviour > Take me to comments I haven't read

https://dcfcfans.uk/settings/links/

Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 08.19.50.png

Oh.  That simple eh?  

To be fair, I probably had to do that at the start (Can't remember?), and this update maybe just re-set a few things back to default?

Either way, thanks for the simple fix.  I like simple!  

Cheers.

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Oh.  That simple eh?  

To be fair, I probably had to do that at the start (Can't remember?), and this update maybe just re-set a few things back to default?

Either way, thanks for the simple fix.  I like simple!  

Cheers.

You wouldn't have no. 

The standard out the box way was clicking a topic title would take you to the first page where as clicking the dot/star would take you to the first unread.

I modified it so clicking either would take you to the first unread. For years I was campaigning on the software support forum for this to be default behaviour but they wouldn't have it.

When the streams were introduced they added a filter option that allowed you to go the first unread which I enabled and forced on every user, with that and the modified links within forums it's all people have known.

With this latest update they have finally given in and allowed users to have the option, unfortunately there is no way for me to mass update everyone to this standard behaviour. I can however modify individual accounts but to update 7000+ accounts would take me a while!

Archived