Forum Update 01/07/20 - Please Read, important information

Day

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, David said:

Read the first post in this topic ? 

Oh sorry does it mention it, I read the post once but obviously I forgot to concentrate on the words. ?

Edit: what is the difference between them please @David

"Take me to comments I haven't read

Open normally

Take me to the latest comment"

Edit, edit: got it, have played with them...

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh sorry does it mention it, I read the post once but obviously I forgot to concentrate on the words. ?

I think that happens a lot when people read my posts, I've stopped taking it personally now

3 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

David

In all seriousness I don't know how you do it!

To have navigated this fansite through over a million posts and dealt with all the technical hitches and glitches.

Not to mention the swings and roundabouts of outrageous fortune.

Could only be tolerated by a true Rams supporter.

Well done!

Bum licker

20 hours ago, David said:

Bit different isn't it?

If you have any issues please use this topic to alert me.

Just to answer a couple of questions which I'm sure will be asked....

Q. Where is the Dark Mode/Oranje themes?

They will be back, but not quite ready yet for you to use.

Q. Why can't I edit my posts anymore?

You can, click the three dots at the top right of the post and you will see the edit option as well as the share post link.

Q. Why is the forum not taking me to the latest unread posts anymore?

In this update users have three options which can be found in Account Settings > Content View Behaviour 

https://dcfcfans.uk/settings/links/

1) Take me to comments I haven't read

2) Open normally (first page)

3) Take me to the latest comment (last page)

For most people you will want to select option 1, this will take you to your first unread post.

----------------

Finally, the forum may run a little slow at times whilst opening topics, due to the nature of the update we have several background tasks running which is unavoidable, once these have been completed you should see normal speeds resume. 

Please be patient with me when reporting issues, some may take a little longer than others to fix.

Sort the dark mode out and it'll be 'reet. 

Just now, bigbadbob said:

Sort the dark mode out and it'll be 'reet. 

It's right up there on the priority list. First thing is fix any issues, nail all that down, then I will work on rolling that out.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I was totally unprepared for finding out in a forum update thread that @David has a big bum that he's prepared to share with two other men. ??

Thats because you don't go on the forum meet ups 

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I was totally unprepared for finding out in a forum update thread that @David has a big bum that he's prepared to share with two other men. ??

And also that he is an ex f#rest fan.. enlightening day.. 

Noticed the site looks a bit different but with that I’m now finding that when I click on a topic it takes me to page one as opposed to before the change it would take me to the last page I had read , is it just me or is anybody else finding that ? I’m deffo logged in as well so not that

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Noticed the site looks a bit different but with that I’m now finding that when I click on a topic it takes me to page one as opposed to before the change it would take me to the last page I had read , is it just me or is anybody else finding that ? I’m deffo logged in as well so not that

49 minutes ago, David said:

Are page loading times any better for you all now? I have temporarily disabled a few things to help things run a little smoothly.

Yep page load time seems back to normal now, loads faster.

12 minutes ago, froggg said:

Could we still have the option for the forum to be orange? We have a chance of getting to the play offs and it’s back to black and white.

Take it you haven't read the first post in this topic? ? 

Archived