Forum Update 01/07/20 - Please Read, important information

David

Bit different isn't it?

If you have any issues please use this topic to alert me.

Just to answer a couple of questions which I'm sure will be asked....

Q. Where is the Dark Mode/Oranje themes?

They will be back, but not quite ready yet for you to use.

Q. Why can't I edit my posts anymore?

You can, click the three dots at the top right of the post and you will see the edit option as well as the share post link.

Q. Why is the forum not taking me to the latest unread posts anymore?

In this update users have three options which can be found in Account Settings > Content View Behaviour 

https://dcfcfans.uk/settings/links/

1) Take me to comments I haven't read

2) Open normally (first page)

3) Take me to the latest comment (last page)

For most people you will want to select option 1, this will take you to your first unread post.

----------------

Finally, the forum may run a little slow at times whilst opening topics, due to the nature of the update we have several background tasks running which is unavoidable, once these have been completed you should see normal speeds resume. 

Please be patient with me when reporting issues, some may take a little longer than others to fix.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if you are already aware and on the case, but...

My list of unread posts appears to be ok/correct, but when I click on the actual thread, it's taking me back to the start, not to the first unread post within that thread.

Following on (too late to edit my previous post...

Further investigation:
From that first page, if I then return to "Unread content", it does still retain that thread on the list (as I have failed to read the unread posts, of course), so that's ok.
However, if I dash off (from the first page of the thread) to the last page of that thread, (eg page 39) it then assumes I've read everything, and clears it from my unread threads list, even though there is unread content on pages 36 to 38.

I have to scroll through the pages, to get to "The Black Line", indicating where I'd last read to.

Your mission... should you choose to accept... 

9 hours ago, David said:

Finally, the forum may run a little slow at times whilst opening topics, due to the nature of the update we have several background tasks running which is unavoidable, once these have been completed you should see normal speeds resume. 

?

3 minutes ago, admira said:

Looks good on Firefox but a bit horrible on IE (presumably because it is being de-supported)

They haven't officially supported Internet Explorer for a while now, even Microsoft have brought Edge out now to replace it. I "could" get a PC, spend hours and hours, sorry weeks making sure it all looks good but the forum usage of that browser now is under 5% and I expect that to decrease further over the next couple of years so it's just not worth it.

50 minutes ago, David said:

Forum page loading times should now start to speed up as the tasks are pretty much complete. 

Seems slow at moment mate. 

Just sits there for a while. 

Faster most of the time but still have to wait intermittently 

Well that was mighty quick.  The avatar is back at the top and i can give likes.  Only issue now is the grey lettering and as Mucker pointed out about clicking on threads and it takes one to the first post instead of the first unread one.

2 hours ago, David said:

I accept.

Account Settings > Content View Behaviour > Take me to comments I haven't read

https://dcfcfans.uk/settings/links/

Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 08.19.50.png

7 minutes ago, ramit said:

Well that was mighty quick.  The avatar is back at the top and i can give likes.  Only issue now is the grey lettering and as Mucker pointed out about clicking on threads and it takes one to the first post instead of the first unread one.

Go to your account & settings as per above.

Archived