How many wins do we need then

DCFC27

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I hate to be Billy Buzzkill on this one - But we're playing 6 of the current top 7 before the end of the seasoN

Very fair point.

If we do manage it though, you’ve got to think we’ll be in great form going into the playoffs. 

To be honest, I don’t expect we’ll get enough points out of the remaining fixtures to make it, so with low expectations hopefully I can enjoy the ride.

27 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

To be honest, I don’t expect we’ll get enough points out of the remaining fixtures to make it, so with low expectations hopefully I can enjoy the ride.

You just won't be able to stop yourself thinking it though....

Just start saying this over and over to yourself, quietly at first:

"The Rams are going up. The Rams are going up. The Rams are going up."

Then let it get louder and louder...

"The Rams are going up."

Now shout it from the rooftops...

"The effing Rams are really effing going up. Now you're gonna believe us. The Rams are going up." ?

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

What we need to do and whether we are capable of doing it are two totally separate conversations

Your mind ain't for changing is it? ??

Top of the form table, emergence of Louie Sibley, being only 3 points off playoffs...

Does Withnail dare to dream yet? Does he balls.

Very difficult to know as there will be some strange results but it will be an interesting ride - going forward we have been very decent since Christmas (since Rooney) whilst remaining very average defensively but there are some very average teams in the mix and some player starved opponents ( Hull Charlton ) for some to play against but I think we will just miss out but I am more than hopeful for next season.

We’ve had no football for months. The football we now have, we can’t watch live.

Let us have some hope, however deluded.

Otherwise, these last games will be pretty flat. A win on Saturday will keep the spring in our step and might actually get us off 12th place.

Climbing the league is good for the soul.

Boo to the naysayers.

If Leeds are already promoted by the time we play them, that might play into our hands because having nothing to play for including no fans to play for might make it hard for them to be motivated.

Anyway, I'm terrible at predicting results but did the Championship calculator anyway. I was pretty generous with our results and still had us missing out by 2 points and of all the teams in the mix, had Swansea creep in to 6th place. But like I say, I'm rubbish at predicting results so this don't mean a thing.

One thing I did take away from this pointless exercise is just how many 6 pointers there are among the teams fighting to make the top 6. If they could all draw with each other that would be wonderful!

20 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I hate to be Billy Buzzkill on this one - But we're playing 6 of the current top 7 before the end of the season

Whilst I think we're good (and better than a good few of the teams above us) and have been much better since Christmas - I think it's also worth noting that the teams in the top 6 are there because they've also been pretty good this season

Leeds and West Brom look very consistent - Forest and Brentford look solid and are going to be very difficult games

The Preston and Cardiff games are going to be important - But even with that we're likely going to need to beat 2 of the above 4 to stand a proper chance of the playoffs - And I don't see 2 obvious wins there

The flip side of that is by playing those teams we can take points off them and I don't think any team in this division looks unbeatable this season. 

I do think it's unlikely we finish in the top 6 but I think we have a decent outside shot at it. 

Leeds losing at Cardiff, whilst funny, was a bit of a blow.

We need to beat both Reading and Preston which would probably see us on level points or there abouts with the top 6.

Then we have to look at the remaining 6 fixtures as a mini season, first game being home to Forest.

It's going to be tough, but we are the form side at the minute so anything is possible.

19 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Just to clear up this understatement ? we have been the best team in the league since Rooney. 24 points in 13 games. More than anyone else. 

Dare to dream. 

It’s shockingly true which shows how good he has been and how bad the others were doing - I also believe that Cocu learnt a lot about the players he had, he has since weeded out some of them and trusted some of our established performers ( Forsyth Martin Davies who have performed admirably as well as giving Shinnie a chance to show his ability alon with the emergence and trust placed with our youngsters  

Six wins and two draws but it depends who the draws are against. We need a massive tightening up in defence as there are at least four of the eight teams that we have left to play that can readily score two against us. A bit of luck would also help.

Quite a number of clashes between our top six rivals starting with Preston v Cardiff. Nice little draw and a win for us and we are just one point behind those two teams. Then Preston to play. We probably need to beat Reading then Preston and get a draw at least from Florist then the really tough ones arrive we can still improve our displays, especially in defence.

7 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Just to clear up this understatement ? we have been the best team in the league since Rooney. 24 points in 13 games. More than anyone else. 

Dare to dream. 

Except for Wigan. You can't discount Wigan. 

Archived