Live football thread.

Rev

2 hours ago, JfR said:

Tom Lockyer. Same lad that went down in the playoff final the other year. Hope he's OK.

To be fair, if you're going to have a heart attack in the middle of the pitch during a PL game is probably the place you'd want to have it - response time and trained staff second to none.

9 minutes ago, maxjam said:

To be fair, if you're going to have a heart attack in the middle of the pitch during a PL game is probably the place you'd want to have it - response time and trained staff second to none.

Pedant alert: cardiac arrest is not a heart attack. 

Education corner: heart attack = a blood clot in the arteries of the heart. Like running a car engine with no oil. 

Cardiac arrest = electrical malfunction in the heart’s electrical centre (the bundle of His) causing an irregular heart beat. Can be fixed by switching it on and off again. 

8 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Education corner: heart attack = a blood clot in the arteries of the heart. Like running a car engine with no oil. 

Cardiac arrest = electrical malfunction in the heart’s electrical centre (the bundle of His) causing an irregular heart beat. Can be fixed by switching it on and off again. 

2 of my Sisters affected and passed away 😔

15 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Thats how I fix my PC!

Terminology aside, I was commenting re. the benefit of having trained staff on the touchline able to respond in seconds.  Its very worrying when it happens, but if it is going to happen, on a PL pitch is just about the best place.

Hopefully the lad will make a full recover and carry on playing.

Edited by maxjam

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Thats how I fix my PC!

Terminology aside, I was commenting re. the benefit of having trained staff on the touch line able to respond in seconds.  Its very worrying when it happens, but if it is going to happen, on a PL pitch is just about the best place.

Hopefully the lad will make a full recover and carry on playing.

Absolutely. Cardiac arrest is very treatable if you can use an AED inside a minute. 90% chance of survival. Survival rates drop about 10% for every minute that passes.

theres not a lot you can do for a heart attack apart from getting the hospital asap. Even CPR won’t do much, cos the blood physically can’t get through the blockage. But most ‘heart attacks’ are actually cardiac arrests and can be shocked back into a normal rhythm. 

Edited by TigerTedd

52 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Liverpool versus Man Utd has been dreadful so far - Amrabat for Man Utd playing like Bob Malcolm reborn….

It was an awful game. Both teams seriously lacked quality in the final third.

The highlight of the game was Darwin Nuñez trying to play hard done by when he just ran full pelt into Johnny Evans leaving an elbow. He had the cheek to sarcastically applaud the linesman too as if he it was the wrong decision.

Man Utd looked better without Bruno Fernandes. 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

It was an awful game. Both teams seriously lacked quality in the final third.

The highlight of the game was Darwin Nuñez trying to play hard done by when he just ran full pelt into Johnny Evans leaving an elbow. He had the cheek to sarcastically applaud the linesman too as if he it was the wrong decision.

Man Utd looked better without Bruno Fernandes. 

Man Utd playing classic ‘League 1 club draws premier league club away’ tactics. We start the game with a point, let’s keep it, and hope for a miracle at the other end.

Queue pundits saying that United are back, they’ve earned a point away at the champions elect. What crisis?

But when Nan United can only earn points by playing backs against the wall like Luton, something has seriously wrong.

Don't know what Sir Alex must be thinking. Poor from both teams, but I couldn't help but think how far Utd had fallen to go to Anfield and play so negatively.  Suppose it worked though - they got the point they craved (just as Wycombe did yesterday).  

3 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Don't know what Sir Alex must be thinking. Poor from both teams, but I couldn't help but think how far Utd had fallen to go to Anfield and play so negatively.  Suppose it worked though - they got the point they craved (just as Wycombe did yesterday).  

In fairness it is an improvement on their last two trips to Anfield which ended 4-0 and 7-0.

But Man Utd need a complete overhaul. The reason they have no identity is they seriously lack quality all over the pitch. Their best players would only be squad players at Arsenal, Liverpool and City.

Rashford, Dalot, Varane, Fernandes, McTominay and Shaw are United’s best players. But they’d all be bench or rotation squad players at Liverpool. The gap in quality is so big, but the question is how has that happened.

No club has spent more than United over the past decade but they have ended up with players not good enough.

Big wages too. Rashford on £350k a week is mind boggling. I read Liverpool ‘s Diaz is on less than a quarter of that.

Brentford Vs Villa...cracking highlights on MOTD2, Watkins taking abuse from one fan behind the goal, Watkins scores the winner then points to the fan, The fan who you can see with his hoodie up just stands there with no come back...great stuff.

Martinez then gets clipped on his shoulder by Maupay and Martinez looks to be shot from far away as he falls to the ground, A little later, Martinez clips Maupay in the back who then proceeds hit the floor like a sack of spuds, Martinez then goes up to Maupay and grabs him by the shirt to lift him up, It all then kicks off with pink and yellow handbags at dawn 😁 12 yellow cards and 2 red given out ☺️

As Kevin Keegan once said...love it just love it ☺️

23 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Brentford Vs Villa...cracking highlights on MOTD2, Watkins taking abuse from one fan behind the goal, Watkins scores the winner then points to the fan, The fan who you can see with his hoodie up just stands there with no come back...great stuff.

Martinez then gets clipped on his shoulder by Maupay and Martinez looks to be shot from far away as he falls to the ground, A little later, Martinez clips Maupay in the back who then proceeds hit the floor like a sack of spuds, Martinez then goes up to Maupay and grabs him by the shirt to lift him up, It all then kicks off with pink and yellow handbags at dawn 😁 12 yellow cards and 2 red given out ☺️

As Kevin Keegan once said...love it just love it ☺️

Just seen highlights...good stuff. I actually had to switch off the villa euro away game last week. The home fans deep droning chant drove me bonkers!