Transfer Windows and Players Contracts

Sith Happens

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

How does that work if his goals per minutes on the pitch is better than the others?

Martin's better than Grabban, Fletcher and Grant, but sill behind Mbueno, Bowen, Watkins, Mitrovic, and Matt Smith for goal per minute from open play. Matt Smith actually has the highest goals per minutes ratio in the league

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, angieram said:

Yes, if the unthinkable happens and Chris Martin goes I would like to see Jahmal Hector-Ingram given a chance. I like his confidence and aggression. Got an excellent touch, too.

I think we may take a look at him in the team in some of the remaining games but from what I have seen of him we would need to play in a different manor compared to chris Martin being in the team 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think we may take a look at him in the team in some of the remaining games but from what I have seen of him we would need to play in a different manor compared to chris Martin being in the team 

But Rooney would end up with the division’s Golden Boot with all the penalties he wins

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ignoring penalties as they skew the figures considerably (for players such as Eze and Benrahma) here's a comparison with the best scorers in the division*:

image.thumb.png.72caff21ffbb5675d195f8a9e0f5430f.png

Marriott from last season sits in the middle of the light green (5.7 shots per goal, 2.6 shots per 90), similar to Martin. I think we could get that Marriott back if he manages to stay free from niggling injuries and we create the type of chance he was getting vs Barnsley.

*Exclusions:
Players to have scored fewer than Martin overall
Players to have scored fewer than Martin in open play

I laughed when I saw the name Bamford. Who gives such a name to their own child?!

Then I remembered it's not actually swear word.

This forum ruins my already poor English.

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ignoring penalties as they skew the figures considerably (for players such as Eze and Benrahma) here's a comparison with the best scorers in the division*:

image.thumb.png.72caff21ffbb5675d195f8a9e0f5430f.png

Marriott from last season sits in the middle of the light green (5.7 shots per goal, 2.6 shots per 90), similar to Martin. I think we could get that Marriott back if he manages to stay free from niggling injuries and we create the type of chance he was getting vs Barnsley.

So Martin is the epitome of 'he shoots, he scores'? Just need to get him further forward then, if only Waghorn was a real winger! ?

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Martin's better than Grabban, Fletcher and Grant, but sill behind Mbueno, Bowen, Watkins, Mitrovic, and Matt Smith for goal per minute from open play. Matt Smith actually has the highest goals per minutes ratio in the league

Need to consider how many seasons they have done it over.

Yes. Smith is good this season (but Blackman was having a good one before we signed him). 

17 hours ago, angieram said:

That's because he's busy setting up others but they never give him the bloody ball back! ?

True - especially this season Waghorn has had some fantastic chances and could easily have been on 25 goals 

11 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Need to consider how many seasons they have done it over.

Yes. Smith is good this season (but Blackman was having a good one before we signed him). 

Yes Blackman the guy who had no real scoring record in the previous 8 years as a full professional apart from penalties 

58 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

I think Curtis is a fine chap, very likeable, but did we need him for another year?

We had no option. Keogh’s absence meant Curtis played enough games to trigger an automatic extension to his contract.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Andrew3000 said:

Never thought of that.  It's a terrible idea to have automatic extensions, he is unlikely to feature much next year.

I don't know,  who will play in his place from the current squad 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I don't know,  who will play in his place from the current squad 

I think we would manage if he left. Te Wierik, Wisdom and another (Clarke again?) will be ahead of him. Backed up by Evans, Forsyth and Bielik in emergencies. There’s no doubting he’s a good character to have around the squad though. 

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Is it? It was due to expire this summer, and we offered him a new deal in January, but I don’t recall any news on it being accepted. 

Signed an extension before heading to Millwall.

19 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

Never thought of that.  It's a terrible idea to have automatic extensions, he is unlikely to feature much next year.

I think this comes about when negotiations reach a bit of a stalemate. 

For example, Derby will offer Martin a one year contract and he wants 2 years, then they agree that if he makes a certain amount of appearances, he will have earned another year on his contract, but if he drifts out of the first team picture, then he doesn't. 

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Can anyone do some figures on Anya, in terms of how much in total we've shelled out per playing minute?

Why? What's the point? It ain't going to change anything and you can hardly blame him.

Time to forget about it and move on. 

Archived