Transfer Windows and Players Contracts

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

Do we think if loans return they will be allowed to play for their parent club this season? Also will Mike te Wierik be able to play for us this season?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Do we think if loans return they will be allowed to play for their parent club this season? Also will Mike te Wierik be able to play for us this season?

Doubt it, I would imagine they are playing on as if it was March still where the window is shut and loans cannot be recalled. 

4 minutes ago, cool_as_custard said:

Has been reported that Hamer and Clarke loans had been extended to end of the season. Will try and find the link.

Can't find it, must have dreamt it. They will be extended though surely as their parent clubs won't be able to play them if they come back?

8 minutes ago, cool_as_custard said:

Has been reported that Hamer and Clarke loans had been extended to end of the season. Will try and find the link.

I haven't seen Hamer on any of the clubs photos or videos since they have returned. Thought I would check see if he has appeared in any Huddersfield content which he hasn't. 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I think Brighton paid £5 million for him and depending which league they are in might influence their decision for next season but I don’t think he is anywhere quick enough for the premiership and I can’t see any club without parachute money to even consider buying him unless Brighton are willing to take a very serious hit on their investment 

Was it as much as that? I thought it was more around the 3m mark but I might be wrong. If they stay in the Prem then personally I think they’ll take any profit they can get on him. Trouble is that will probably still be too expensive for most championship sides.

21 minutes ago, rynny said:

I haven't seen Hamer on any of the clubs photos or videos since they have returned. Thought I would check see if he has appeared in any Huddersfield content which he hasn't. 

13 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

There's a decent possibility of them being relegated into the Championship next season, if I was them I'd be planning for that possibility.

Wouldn't they consider Ben White before Clarke though? 

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Probably both.

I'm just looking at this from a Brighton viewpoint, is the benefit of a few extra games worth the risk?

2 hours ago, rynny said:

I assume that they would sell the two they currently use to others in the premiership as they are very decent so yes I would expect them to use Clarke, and white ( although Leeds might want to take white if they go up)

FIFA announced yesterday 11/06 that the transfer windows for National Associations will open on the original booked dates so that any players whose contracts expire at the end of the season (June) are not left unemployed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8411575/Players-allowed-play-THREE-clubs-one-season-2020-21-campaign.html

I take this to mean that any player who signs for a new club can play for them from day One and not wait until the new season starts.

16 minutes ago, cool_as_custard said:

The article implies the opposite. "......the change was intended to allow clubs to complete the 2019/20 season with their original squad." and the headline refers to the 2020/21 season, not this one.

And the 2020/21 transfer window opens on the 1st July

It's all about the distinction between being employed by a club and having a live playing registration.

Mike te Weirik will be our player soon but not able to play until the 2020/21 season (whenever that begins), but can train and be involved in everything else so can get up to speed with our ways. 

But surely that was before it was decided when the transfer window would open. Clubs will have a legitimate claim to play new players that they have signed in the open transfer window which will give the new club live playing registration before the present season ends as opposed to signing a player on pre - contract terms. I can see clubs threatening court action of they are not allowed to play

Archived