Best Derby game you've ever been to?

Sean

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm torn between Benfica and Real Madrid.

But in all honesty, in terms of going absolutely mental, the 2-1 win over Forest in the cup and Cloughie's return was pretty special.

I remember Taylor and Roy Mac  going absolutely mental when Archie scored.

And then Taylor told Gary Newbon (I think) in an interview after the game 'we could have been playing Doncaster Pork Butchers for all I care, I'm just focussed on Carlisle away next Saturday'

No doubt that's a false memory and @Eatonram will correct me.

2-0!?

It has to be Forest in the cup for me, I was at the 4-1 a few years earlier and it was great, but I still in the kids end, but was on the popside by 1983. I loved the Cox propotion  games, Rotherham for promotion, Sheff U away, Leeds to go up and Plymouth to be champions.

• 1 month later...

New to the forum so I've had to back track a bit to post on this thread. In no particular order:

2-0 FA cup Vs Forest 1983

2-1 Vs Rotherham 1986

1-0 Vs WBA Wembley 2007

2-3 Vs Southampton Play off semi 2007

2-0 Vs Millwall Play off semi 1994

5-0 Vs Forest 2014

These came to mind straight away and I'm sure I've missed plenty of obvious classics.

Haven't considered away games yet apart from Wembley so I'll give them some serious thought, although most away trips tend to be clouded by ale consumption....

Derby 3 Chelsea 1

It was the day the world noticed that there was a man called Brian Clough hell bent on creating something very special indeed.

The noise that night, as Dave Mackay pushed The Rams on time after time during the second half had to be heard to be believed.

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Derby 3 Chelsea 1

It was the day the world noticed that there was a man called Brian Clough hell bent on creating something very special indeed.

The noise that night, as Dave Mackay pushed The Rams on time after time during the second half had to be heard to be believed.

All of my older relatives point to that as the moment that they knew as you said 'something very special' was happening.

On 02/07/2020 at 20:24, Eddie said:

Derby 3 Chelsea 1

On 02/07/2020 at 20:37, Bearwood Ram said:

All of my older relatives point to that as the moment that they knew as you said 'something very special' was happening.

He's having a dig at your age, @Eddie.  Don't rise to it mate.  Think of your blood pressure!    ??

On 24/05/2020 at 21:00, Premier ram said:

leeds away in the play offs last season , still makes me smile now

Caught myself smiling when i thought back to it whilst driving earlier, i don't think i will genuinely ever forget that game, the trip there and back, the atmosphere, the occasion, the excitement, the way we did it. 

On 02/07/2020 at 20:24, Eddie said:

Derby 3 Chelsea 1

That reminds me of something I’d almost forgotten.....someone talking about one match and saying that when Derby scored (at the Baseball Ground) they could hear it in Mickleover. 
seems incredible but I remember that being said. 

44 minutes ago, RamNut said:

That reminds me of something I’d almost forgotten.....someone talking about one match and saying that when Derby scored (at the Baseball Ground) they could hear it in Mickleover. 
seems incredible but I remember that being said. 

That's got to be 3 miles as the crow flies.

I prefer the 3-0 under McClaren to the 5-0

Baird’s ball, Incey tying them in knots before scooping it and and running over to us

Then Hughesy scoring against them 

Then I went to meet my mates after, ended up walking home with a full pint and seeing Dad passed out on the settee because he didn’t leave the pub when I left as I assumed he would ?

Archived