Best Derby game you've ever been to?

Sean

Title is self-explanatory. Sorry to be that guy to shut down coronavirus discussion but as a relatively new Rams fan (last 8 years) I'm curious to see the responses...

For me from the games I've been to it either has to be one of the following;

3-0 vs Forest (McClaren)

5-0 vs Hull (Rowett)

3-1 vs Cardiff (Rowett)

4-0 vs Stoke (Cocu)

Thoughts?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest 1 - 2 Derby. Losing 1-0 and down to 10 men after a few minutes In your rivals back yard, only to go on a win. We only had 10 men, never forgotten. 

My usual answer is the 4-3 loss at home to Everton just for the feeling that we were dominating and going to come back. More recently though I was in the front row behind the goal at Ashton gate last year. It had everything. Just when I thought they were bound to equalise we scored sparking mega celebrations and that play off game.

it is like if the godfather had a great prequel 

23 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

My usual answer is the 4-3 loss at home to Everton just for the feeling that we were dominating and going to come back. More recently though I was in the front row behind the goal at Ashton gate last year. It had everything. Just when I thought they were bound to equalise we scored sparking mega celebrations and that play off game.

it is like if the godfather had a great prequel 

That whole run-in was mint. Battering Rotherham 6-1, drawing 3-3 with Brentford, looking like we’d bottled it at Ewood Park, battering Bolton 4-0, two stoppage time goals against QPR when we knew Bristol City and Boro were losing, then effectively a play-off quarter-final against Bristol City before West Brom on the final day!

Derby-Southampton playoff semi 2007

Derby-Forest at BBG 2-1 Deano header game

Derby-Forest 5-0 game

Derby-Norwich 2-2  1977 (because it was my first ever game, under floodlights normanton end, just 11 yo)

Derby-Brighton playoff semi at PP

Derby-WBA playoff final Wembley

Derby-Forest 4-2  March 04 (coffee cup game)

9 hours ago, Roymac said:

My first ever game:  Derby 8 - Spurs 2 1976

One of my all time faves too.  What a first game for you!

I had to make do with a 0-0 bore-draw for my first game... Although it was the home game v Carlisle, in April 1975, so there was a nice big shiny trophy to admire, after the final whistle!  Mustn't grumble, I suppose!  ??

Archived