Best Derby player you ever saw who didn't win anything

At least not for us.

So that would rule out players like Charlie George (Charity Shield) and Igor Stimac (Promotion).

I toyed with Ooh Mark Wright and even Dean Saunders, but settled on Gerry Daly.

Daly is possibly the most underrated Derby player of my time watching the Rams. 

So who do you reckon?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

At least not for us.

So that would rule out players like Charlie George (Charity Shield) and Igor Stimac (Promotion).

I toyed with Ooh Mark Wright and even Dean Saunders, but settled on Gerry Daly.

Daly is possibly the most underrated Derby player of my time watching the Rams. 

So who do you reckon?

Eranio, Wright, Shilton and Saunders.

Hmm... Win anything is quite broad way to put it. If I'd go with the first thought, Will Hughes would be clear winner but he did win at least young player of the year award... maybe 3£ from the lotto as well, who the duck knows. 

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Hmm... Win anything is quite broad way to put it. If I'd go with the first thought, Will Hughes would be clear winner but he did win at least young player of the year award... maybe 3£ from the lotto as well, who the duck knows. 

I thought it was pretty obvious when I mentioned the Charity Shield and promotion.

I meant win anything with the club.

Or the lottery.

I mean, clearly I meant the lottery too.

As well as Spot The Ball.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

William. end of thread.

I think end of thread if you've only watched Derby 10 years or so, although @Sean made a good call with Mount even if I'd give the edge to Sir Will.

However, you cannot compare him to players like Mark Wright who shone in an England team that should have won the World Cup.

Daly was still better.

Him, Todd and Charlie are my all time favorite Rams, such a shame he was in a rapidly declining Derby team.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Shilton was past his peak by the time he got to Derby. The others I'd agree with.

Also I would add Asanovic and Baiano to your list.

Maybe on Shilton, but he was still amazing. 

Admittedly I wasn't there, but I can still remember listening to Graham Richards have multiple orgamsms over his performance away at Newcastle.

Agree on Asanovic and Francesco, both amazingly gifted players that we were lucky to have.

21 minutes ago, cannable said:

With all due respect to the OP, this question is a bit poo because I’m 24 and the only realistic candidates out of contention are Howard, Oakley and Barnes hahahahhaha 

Didn’t they all win a playoff trophy? 

Archived