Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Watched the Game Changers last night, very skeptical about anything that promotes veganism etc, however it was great to see a lot of the benefits from it.

It was that interesting and fact-filled that I am trying it out, one day a week for now and see what happens

Film review 10/10 - great to see ol' Arnie on the tele

On 17/11/2019 at 21:38, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I don't mind the films, but they aren't a patch on the books. The changes they made to the ending of Deathly Hallows (e.g. skipping Harry's final speech in the Great Hall and a certain someone exploding into thousands of pieces rather than crumpling to the floor) were almost unforgivable IMO. It completely missed the point. I still enjoy watching them though, simply because I love the series.

I get that, and completely agree the change to the big finale ruined an amazing moment. I guess by the time I got to watching the last 2 at the cinema, I was mentally prepared for them to change the films in a bad way. I though Half Blood Prince was rubbish with the changes they made to that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2019 at 22:59, JoetheRam said:

The Irishman - Brian Clough/10

Can't really think of many words other than it's absolutely gripping and superbly acted.

Up there with Scorsese's best. 

Maybe I wasn't concentrating enough but, I got a bit bored with it and didn't see it through to the end.

Also watched "The shape of water" last week. A bit weird but I enjoyed it. 

Triangle - Currently free on Prime Video

A group of friends suffer a yachting accident and take refuge on a cruise drifting on the open sea, but quickly realize they were better off on the upturned yacht

Melissa George (ex Home & Away) & Liam Hemsworth in a decent horror that keeps you guessing til the very end.

8/10

Mute - 4/10

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw - 7/10

Wolf Creek 2 - 4/10

Apostle - 6/10

It Chapter 2 - 8/10

Prospect - 7/10

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie - 7/10

Stop at Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story - 7/10

John Wick Chapter 3- Parabellum - 8/10

Toy Story 4 - 9/10

A Vigilante - 6/10

Wild Rose - 9/10

Dolomite Is My Name - 8/10

Rough Night - 6/10

First Man - 8/10

The Predator - 2/10

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 5/10

Upgrade - 8/10

Searching - 8/10

Hotel Armetis - 6/10

The Mule - 7/10

The Irishman - 7/10

Britney Runs a Marathon - 8/10

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 9/10

The Fare - 7/10

Murder on The Orient Express - 6/10

Been a year since I have been on this thread - so I did indeed rewatch Hateful 8 and like several Tarantino films (I am a massive fan) I prefered it the second time. up to 8.5/10

Watched Green Book was very surprised thought it was not my kind of film by the synopsis but I loved it - Vigo Mortenson was awesome 9/10

Once upon a time in Hollywood 10/10 I think it is Tarantino's second best film ever

Looking forward to the Irishman over the holiday period 

2 hours ago, Van De Squid said:

Knives Out - 8/10. Really good who-did-it type film. Loses a point due to Daniel Craig sounding like Frank Underwood! 

I really want to watch this but haven't managed to fit a "date night" in, to get to the cinema.

Love Actually

I like this film less every time I watch it - which is quite a few times now. More & more of the storylines are annoying on each viewing.

If it wasn't for the "Emma Thompson crying in the bedroom" scene, I don't think I'd bother again. That bit gets me every time, though.

8 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Love Actually

I like this film less every time I watch it - which is quite a few times now. More & more of the storylines are annoying on each viewing.

If it wasn't for the "Emma Thompson crying in the bedroom" scene, I don't think I'd bother again. That bit gets me every time, though.

I once DJ'd a club night about eight years ago, it was on a continuous loop, muted, on the screens for about 6 hours. I lost the will to live.

Nottingham Forest/10.