Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

2 hours ago, StringerBell said:

So is interstellar better than inception or is inception better than interstellar?

Inception was one of those brilliant one time only films that did exactly what it set out to do. Interstellar was an experiment that didn't go wrong but didn't make me want to watch it again. 

I am not saying Interstellar is bad, far from it and it would still beat much of the dross that comes out at the minute, but was 8/10 at best to me

This weekend watched - Hush

Basically a Deaf woman who lives in the middle of no where has a man try to kill her and her neighbours for a reason that isn't explained in the film. I think's her ex boyfriend, But like I said, it's not ever explained in the film. 

But this is a brilliant thriller and keeps you engaged the whole way through. Enjoyed this film throughout.

Also went to watch - Fifty shades Darker

This film is very different to what everyone expects. People think that because it's based on the books, it's going to be full of Sex and weird fantasies. It couldn't be more different, I would class myself as a emotional person but this film really has everything that you need from a decent film. It has emotion, thrill and twists in the plot. It pulls at each of your heart strings and allows you to see the world in a different light. 

I'd 100% recommend this film to anyone. It does have it's sex scenes in it, but honestly one of the best films I've seen for a long time.

Also if anyone does got to see Fifty Shades, Stay until after the credits as there is a little teaser for the 3rd film that is to be released on Valentines day 2018.  

Lego Batman Movie

I loved the first Lego Movie and I loved this one too. I don't care that it's just a 90 minute long advert.

It was funny, very funny with top-notch voice acting. Lots of jokes, so many that I'm sure I missed some and will probably need to see it again to catch them all. 

Lots of clever pop culture references and jokes. 

Only downsides are that it was a little difficult to keep up with what was happening visually at times, and I had a bit of trouble understanding what was being said in some of the action scenes.

BTW, the credit song it absolutely horrific - which even though I'm sure that's what they were going for, doesn't make it any more bearable. 

7.5/10

15 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Also went to watch - Fifty shades Darker

This film is very different to what everyone expects. People think that because it's based on the books, it's going to be full of Sex and weird fantasies. It couldn't be more different, I would class myself as a emotional person but this film really has everything that you need from a decent film. It has emotion, thrill and twists in the plot. It pulls at each of your heart strings and allows you to see the world in a different light. 

I'd 100% recommend this film to anyone. It does have it's sex scenes in it, but honestly one of the best films I've seen for a long time.

Also if anyone does got to see Fifty Shades, Stay until after the credits as there is a little teaser for the 3rd film that is to be released on Valentines day 2018.  

I've seen people banned for less than this.

10 Cloverfield Lane.

Missed this at the cinema, so finally got round to catching up with it this weekend.

If it's possible for a film to be enjoyable but a bit disappointing at the same time, then this was. John Goodman was excellent and the whole is it real or made up story was quite well done. I found the end a bit disappointing - but can't go into detail without spoilers - so I won't.

6/10

56 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

10 Cloverfield Lane.

Missed this at the cinema, so finally got round to catching up with it this weekend.

If it's possible for a film to be enjoyable but a bit disappointing at the same time, then this was. John Goodman was excellent and the whole is it real or made up story was quite well done. I found the end a bit disappointing - but can't go into detail without spoilers - so I won't.

6/10

I watched it a few weeks back.

On 2/6/2017 at 23:19, Mostyn6 said:

10 Cloverfield Lane. 5/10.

Got a decent review or two, so downloaded it on Sky, and I love John Goodman, but was a crock of shid!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Logan - 9/10

Really is excellent. You don't even have to be a comic book film fan to get this one, very un-Marvel

This isn't a 'Marvel' film though, not with regards to the MCU anyway. Good to see 20th century fox try something different. Both Wolverine origin movies were slight disappointments, and just less exciting comic book movies. This looks like a good'un though

On 27 February 2017 at 19:00, Leicester Ram said:

Manchester by the Sea- 7/10

Depressing, not much happens, but very watcheable. If that makes sense.

Yeah seen it, and I know what you mean.

Trainspotting 2 - 9/10......Robert Carlisle is brilliant in it. I think the film is better than the first.

Choose Life.