Derby v Brighton Match Thread

Day

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sitting here watching this and pondering the front 6 on display... 

Ward, Martin, Russell, Hendrick, Thorne, Hughes. 

Compared to what we've been watching just recently... 

Lawrence, Martin, Waghorn, Rooney, Bird, Knight (or Sibley) 

Not a lot to choose between them when at their best. Maybe heresy but I think I prefer the current front 6.

57 minutes ago, Crazy said:

I just watched this. Oh I miss that team. Especially Will Hughes. What a player

I would pay to watch Will Hughes have a kick around in my back garden, he's a wizard.

Jake Buxton's defensive strength, ball distribution and all round ability is insane when you consider how much he cost....for two or three seasons there wasn't a better CB in the league.

Jeff Hendrick, Johnny Russell and Jamie Ward attacking at any opportunity, Chris Martin being the fulcrum up top, George Thorne bossing the midfield.... Forsyth and Wisdom.....wow.....have you ever seen such strong and powerful full backs...

That team deserved to be let loose in the Premier League, absolute travesty it didn't happen ?

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I would pay to watch Will Hughes have a kick around in my back garden, he's a wizard.

Jake Buxton's defensive strength, ball distribution and all round ability is insane when you consider how much he cost....for two or three seasons there wasn't a better CB in the league.

Jeff Hendrick, Johnny Russell and Jamie Ward attacking at any opportunity, Chris Martin being the fulcrum up top, George Thorne bossing the midfield.... Forsyth and Wisdom.....wow.....have you ever seen such strong and powerful full backs...

That team deserved to be let loose in the Premier League, absolute travesty it didn't happen ?

And that's without mentioning two of our best players that season, Bryson and Keogh. The latter made 2 mistakes (one at Wembley, one at the Joiners) that will unfortunately tarnish his, otherwise excellent career at the club.

Archived