v Blackburn Rovers (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm 63 years old later in the week but when that goal went in from Louie Sibley I leapt up and screamed like a teenager.

I'd just like to apologise if I woke anybody up around me in West Stand Upper. 

tell no lie, I was so tired v Man Utd that I was indeed nodding off. I reckon I missed half of the 2nd half

P.s. Is that you brandishing the metallic blue flask? 

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

goes to show  - the teams after (WBA and Dirties) are really only quite average - Fulham probably best in the Div 3-6 position.

How on earth Blackburn Rovers are up there - god knows!! is it because they are now missing Dak who is injured? 

I think it may be too early for us - but we can storm it next season

Alternatively. - we may fall into the 6th slot this season.......as the other teams are bang average. If we win at the Den Saturday - anything could happen.

Amazing.

Kids were great today. - and that thunderbastard from Sibley today......

I have a new favourite word ?

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm 63 years old later in the week but when that goal went in from Louie Sibley I leapt up and screamed like a teenager.

I'd just like to apologise if I woke anybody up around me in West Stand Upper. 

Many happy returns in advance. 

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

To be honest, there has been a change of opinion over time. 

I’ve always maintained that Cocu is a good manager, but is he the right fit for us and our circumstances?

At the start of the season, I was surprised that Cocu was here and hopeful he would have a big impact and prove himself to be above the division.

It was probably only in November or December that I started to lose belief in him and feel disillusioned. So it’s not as though I’ve been against him since day one.

It’s possibly my own fault for expecting too much from him too soon.

But yes, since Charlton at home, there have definitely been some very good signs and the team have been playing much closer to and sometimes even above the level we’d expect.

We have a tough run in and I am not suggesting Cocu has to get us in the top 6 from here. Not at all.

For me, it’s all about seeing signs for next season and not ending the season with a whimper.

Yes, Millwall might win next week, but if they are going to win, let’s make sure they’ve been in a game and they have had to work hard for it. Not having their fans come on here saying it was the easiest 3 points they’ll get all season.

And the same is true of the other 8 games.

Just before the commentary finished on Sky the commentator stated that Cocu has said that he wants a concerted effort to reach the play offs

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

I can understand Martin being given Man of the Match and it's easy to make a case for 2 or 3 others but for me it has to be Shinnie. He was brilliant, covering, tackling, threading inch-perfect forward passes - far and away his best game for us.

Shinnie MOTM for me but then again i might be biased, he played today like he played consistently week in week out for the Dons, loves having the freedom to roam from box to box for the team, never afraid to get a tackle in. Dons fans were devastated when he left.

I’ve just watched that tackle for a red again .. what was he doing ! .. mad, absolutely suicidal and dangerous .. and your 0-3 and in injury time. ? Why ?

Thank goodness Curtis is ok .. red mist maybe but that was dreadful. How long do you get banned ? 

1 minute ago, jono said:

I’ve just watched that tackle for a red again .. what was he doing ! .. mad, absolutely suicidal and dangerous .. and your 0-3 and in injury time. ? Why ?

Thank goodness Curtis is ok .. red mist maybe but that was dreadful. How long do you get banned ? 

Not to excuse him, but he did seem to look pretty disgusted with himself when he was trudging off. 

Nice to see this sort of comment from their manager.

Blackburn Rovers manager Tony Mowbray told BBC Radio Lancashire:

"Derby were better than us today, they played particularly well.

"They built from the back really well and they've got some talented young players.

Archived