Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Either I phrased it badly or you chose to misinterpret:

For the record my 96 year old mother in a care home has Covid. 7 days after test+ she is exhausted stressed and breathless but so far so good! It follows I am incredibly aware if this virus and precautions.

So: When I said we see other people I meant that literally. On a walk we encounter other people, strangers, and maintain a very healthy distance, usually crossing the road. That is what almost everyone we encounter does and they are on average fairly elderly. Its cyclists and joggers who are the problem for distance, as they are reluctant , or oblivious , of everyone else. However the contact is fleeting.

Think you misunderstood my post. 

I apologise for any offence caused!

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jimmyp said:

Has the treasury released the data and analysis it used to produce these findings yet? Last I heard they were still unavailable. 

Not sure to be honest. 

Our trade body BACTA tends to deal more with DCMS than the treasury but I know they have provided data consistent with what is reported in the piece I quoted. 

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

is his barber ? who else is the barber giving lockdown haircuts too?

being tested doesn't stop you catching and spreading it.

Well thats the barbers issue, not Joelintons.

You're right that it doesnt stop catching or spreading but it gives you a good idea when you've got it and within a timescale where unless you're doing all sorts of silly things you arent going to spread it far.

I believe the fines for businesses are much harsher than for individuals. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you've chosen to ignore the facts because they were published by a trade magazine defending their members.

I saw a survey which said that 100% of people with Covid admitted to breathing and wearing clothes, so on the basis I assume that is sufficient evidence for you that these are spreading the virus?

Who is ignoring it ? I said I'm all in, clickety-click get them pubs open, what's 3% or the odd 15% between 50,000 cases per day...immaterial...totally safe.

Fruit machines, no problem, have a built in immune system, stopping the transmission of ANY virus. Bell fruit publication said today based on zero percent, yup zero percent of Cornavrus cases ever being reported being caught on any of their machines, therefore there is NO correlation between the virus and anyone being able to transmit this way.

As I said, I'm not ignoring no facts ?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well thats the barbers issue, not Joelintons.

You're right that it doesnt stop catching or spreading but it gives you a good idea when you've got it and within a timescale where unless you're doing all sorts of silly things you arent going to spread it far.

I believe the fines for businesses are much harsher than for individuals. 

I don't agree,  but its about opinions.

The responsibility lies with both parties in my opinion. 

You mention aren't doing silly things,  yet hes had a rule breaking haircut and posted pictures online,  hes clearly as thick as pigshit so likely doing all sorts of silly things. 

20 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That figures. You've made everything else up, so why stop now?

People like you are dangerous.

That’s the only thing.
Are you denying that some sectors have been almost destroyed, kids have been starved an education and the young have had a year of their life stolen?  if you think I’ve made that up then people like you are extremely dangerous 

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Who is ignoring it ? I said I'm all in, clickety-click get them pubs open, what's 3% or the odd 15% between 50,000 cases per day...immaterial...totally safe.

Fruit machines, no problem, have a built in immune system, stopping the transmission of ANY virus. Bell fruit publication said today based on zero percent, yup zero percent of Cornavrus cases ever being reported being caught on any of their machines, therefore there is NO correlation between the virus and anyone being able to transmit this way.

As I said, I'm not ignoring no facts ?

Hospitality venues were closed 2 months before we hit 50,000 cases a day.

3 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I don't agree,  but its about opinions.

The responsibility lies with both parties in my opinion. 

You mention aren't doing silly things,  yet hes had a rule breaking haircut and posted pictures online,  hes clearly as thick as pigshit so likely doing all sorts of silly things. 

Yeah its a completely dumb thing to do but footballers arent always the sharpest tools in the box.

My point was he should only be held responsible for his own actions and he has been fined just the same as anyone else, and that is despite the fact that he hss regular tests so knows he has not got it.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Hospitality venues were closed 2 months before we hit 50,000 cases a day.

Wouldn't have been any higher with them open according to your publication, sod "85 staying alive" by shutting the bingo halls, just get them all open, no risk to see here...facts back it up.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah its a completely dumb thing to do but footballers arent always the sharpest tools in the box.

My point was he should only be held responsible for his own actions and he has been fined just the same as anyone else, and that is despite the fact that he hss regular tests so knows he has not got it.

I can't agree that he knows he hasn't got it. A close friend of ours was seriously Ill with covid having caught it from her sister who had tests every few days due to her occupation. 

You could catch covid on Saturday,  have a test Sunday,  Tuesday,  Thursday and it still not show up.

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

That’s the only thing.
Are you denying that some sectors have been almost destroyed, kids have been starved an education and the young have had a year of their life stolen?  if you think I’ve made that up then people like you are extremely dangerous 

Come on Texas , you know how this works ,if your not a full on govbot your a covidiot 

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Come on Texas , you know how this works ,if your not a full on govbot your a covidiot 

Similarly if you are the other way you are a "govbot". You spend a couple of pages around how you don't pigeon hole people and then at the first opportunity proving that wrong ?

6 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Wouldn't have been any higher with them open according to your publication, sod "85 staying alive" by shutting the bingo halls, just get them all open, no risk to see here...facts back it up.

No, not according to 'my' publication? According to the Government.

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

I know, if you don’t follow Eddie’s narrative (that only suits him) then you’re misguided and a Covidiot 

5 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Similarly if you are the other way you are a "govbot". You spend a couple of pages around how you don't pigeon hole people and then at the first opportunity proving that wrong ?

Come on billy you know enough about how I interact with you and read this thread often enough to know that covidiot, 5g, vaccine tracking are being thrown out again tonight so I’m playing the same silly game IN RESPONSE 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No point, is there, you clearly know better, so doubt posting a link to my work e-mails would male any difference to what you think.

No worries, I'll file it under the friends that work for the NHS that don't follow the rules, the ones that work in hospitals that are no busier than normal, the call with Glick and the rest  that prove a point?

As to the link, I was asking about the government one, not your works email, that said cases wouldn't have been any higher with the leisure industry open...that is what you said isn't it ?

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

No worries, I'll file it under the friends that work for the NHS that don't follow the rules, the ones that work in hospitals that are no busier than normal, the call with Glick and the rest  that prove a point?

As to the link, I was asking about the government one, not your works email, that said cases wouldn't have been any higher with the leisure industry open...that is what you said isn't it ?

File it wherever you want, up your rear passage for all I care!

If you think that is what the Government said that is fine but don't attribute it to me.

Archived