Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Just not true. Everything has been scruitinised and voted on in parliament and debated in public via the media etc. The legislation brought in is time limited, as far as I know. And if it isn't got rid of when safe to do so, I'll be on the streets with millions of others demanding the freedoms back.

I don't think 'everything has been scrutinised' could be further from the truth.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Archied said:

Wow , you really haven’t been paying attention 

Jeez, this is getting very boring now. You do know over 100k have died of Covid now right in the UK? You do realise that these restrictions are to stop even more people dying, either from contracting Covid or the NHS collapsing and unable to treat other critical issues? It's so blatantly obvious. Have you being watching too many dystopian films/tv?

48 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Plus Boris is a populist - he wants the public to like him, that's why we had the ridiculous Christmas relaxation idea (just read that awful story in the DET about the Derby family who met up at xmas and now 4 of them have died from Covid ?)

He's many things, but I just don't see him as an authoritarian that wants to curtail people's freedoms. Quite the opposite, he's doing the bare minumum, and all as late as he can leave it

Did no one "eat out to help out" as soon as the last restrictions were lifted? Why does anyone think he won't lift these restrictions as soon as he can justify it?

You describe the "Christmas relaxation idea" as "ridiculous".
I have to say, I 100% agree.

And yet it appears there are some that perhaps thought it was a good idea?  Worth a punt, maybe? 

As tragic as this outcome is... and there's no getting away from the fact that it is truly tragic... Nobody had to follow, or accept, the Christmas relaxation idea.  We were not told we must go and visit relatives.  Nobody... not even Boris himself... said it would be safe to go and spend 2 hours indoors, with elderly relatives.  

Anyone who thought that covid would lie low for 24 hours is nothing short of being a fool.  Visiting someone on Christmas Day carried the same risks as the week before, and the week after.

What Boris actually did, was warn of us of the dangers, but for 24 hours, allowed us all to make our own decisions... some continue to live by those decisions, some have died from those decisions... and some are left to survive alone, seemingly putting the blame squarely at the government's feet.  Wrongly, in my opinion.

RIP
xxx

29 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Jeez, this is getting very boring now. You do know over 100k have died of Covid now right in the UK? You do realise that these restrictions are to stop even more people dying, either from contracting Covid or the NHS collapsing and unable to treat other critical issues? It's so blatantly obvious. Have you being watching too many dystopian films/tv?

Jeez this is getting very boring now , you do know your opinion on COVID and how it’s being handled is very very far from the only one and lots of those with a different opinion are better qualified and or better placed than you or I to form that opinion ,, not really a big tv watcher though it’s clear your happy to take everything you see on tv as gospel ??‍♂️
ps if your bored don’t read ,I tend to read all the posts but it takes all sorts I suppose

42 minutes ago, Archied said:

Jeez this is getting very boring now , you do know your opinion on COVID and how it’s being handled is very very far from the only one and lots of those with a different opinion are better qualified and or better placed than you or I to form that opinion ,, not really a big tv watcher though it’s clear your happy to take everything you see on tv as gospel ??‍♂️
ps if your bored don’t read ,I tend to read all the posts but it takes all sorts I suppose

When we've finished burying all the dead, people will then finally realise that you were right all along, and this was just all about the government trying to control us. Fair play for continually banging the same drum that almost no one else agrees with, or will ever agree with.

57 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

You describe the "Christmas relaxation idea" as "ridiculous".
I have to say, I 100% agree.

And yet it appears there are some that perhaps thought it was a good idea?  Worth a punt, maybe? 

As tragic as this outcome is... and there's no getting away from the fact that it is truly tragic... Nobody had to follow, or accept, the Christmas relaxation idea.  We were not told we must go and visit relatives.  Nobody... not even Boris himself... said it would be safe to go and spend 2 hours indoors, with elderly relatives.  

Anyone who thought that covid would lie low for 24 hours is nothing short of being a fool.  Visiting someone on Christmas Day carried the same risks as the week before, and the week after.

What Boris actually did, was warn of us of the dangers, but for 24 hours, allowed us all to make our own decisions... some continue to live by those decisions, some have died from those decisions... and some are left to survive alone, seemingly putting the blame squarely at the government's feet.  Wrongly, in my opinion.

RIP
xxx

True. I had planned to see my mum come what may Christmas Day, but on the 22nd agreed with her that the risk was too much. Fortunately my mum agreed.

Less fortunate was my brother in law’s ex wife. She visited her parents, and it seems (unknowingly) transferred the virus leading to them both passing in the last week.  

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Which is really weird because that was also the reason we closed the country down for 13 weeks in March of last year...

11 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

When we've finished burying all the dead, people will then finally realise that you were right all along, and this was just all about the government trying to control us. Fair play for continually banging the same drum that almost no one else agrees with, or will ever agree with.

Fair play for continually posting the extreme all or nothing agree with everything or else you don’t care about any deaths , suppose I’m just desperate to get in the pub ,, boring ,predictable tactic 

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Which is really weird because that was also the reason we closed the country down for 13 weeks in March of last year...

Yeah, 50k died in the Spring, even with a lockdown. Another 50k dead now, if only we had not bothered with the lockdown the 2nd time as well. They just want to control us, when we just want to be free.

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah, 50k died in the Spring, even with a lockdown. Another 50k dead now, if only we had not bothered with the lockdown the 2nd time as well. They just want to control us, when we just want to be free.

Wasn't your argument that lockdowns save lives? Yet despite a 13 week lockdown we still have 100,000 deaths? 

Don't the WHO advise against lockdowns?

24 minutes ago, Archied said:

Fair play for continually posting the extreme all or nothing agree with everything or else you don’t care about any deaths , suppose I’m just desperate to get in the pub ,, boring ,predictable tactic 

"Nothing" would be zero restrictions, everyone mixing and maybe 500k instead of 100k.

"All" would be borders closed since last Feb. No one allowed out their houses. Police arresting people for walking out of their door.

Where we actually are is always reacting too late and not putting the correct processes and procedures in place. In this "lockdown" you can still go to work, meet another friend for a walk, be in a bubble with another household if you live by yourself etc etc.

Whilst you clearly care about deaths, you seem to have no awareness that people are regularly posting about friends and family lost to Covid. To these posters, your continual protests about losing your liberty and the government just wanting to control us, could come across a little uncaring.

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Check out disease x ,,,,, call this a lockdown,, you we’re lucky 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wasn't your argument that lockdowns save lives? Yet despite a 13 week lockdown we still have 100,000 deaths? 

You are clearly intelligent and I would assume you'd understand the leading indicators of infections, leading to hopitalisations, to deaths.

That you even try to make this argument is depressing. I assume you don't think Covid deaths are increased by lockdowns. How many deaths do you think we would have had without the lockdowns?

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

not sure the WHO are that reliable considering their initial response to the growing threat from the virus 

sUpua6W.gif.a5f5221200bd373634db51f9bb6e8cfb.gif

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

"Nothing" would be zero restrictions, everyone mixing and maybe 500k instead of 100k.

"All" would be borders closed since last Feb. No one allowed out their houses. Police arresting people for walking out of their door.

Where we actually are is always reacting too late and not putting the correct processes and procedures in place. In this "lockdown" you can still go to work, meet another friend for a walk, be in a bubble with another household if you live by yourself etc etc.

Whilst you clearly care about deaths, you seem to have no awareness that people are regularly posting about friends and family lost to Covid. To these posters, your continual protests about losing your liberty and the government just wanting to control us, could come across a little uncaring.

Nope , same bloke in a different hat ,,,,, MY liberty is minuscule consideration in what is an ocean of complex and severe issues that deserve more than uncaring so if the best you have is mudslinging rubbish stick me on ignore and enjoy your echo chamber 

Archived