Coronavirus

1of4

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Regarding this problem with the EU and the vaccine.  I'm assuming that there saying the UK is getting there order and the EU aren't.  Well there is issue  with production and probably in the way it was ordered. There plan seems to be to keep hold of supply and stop it leaving Belgium to satisfy there quota by force.  If that's the case it's very reminiscent of what Trump was hammered for, regarding drugs being stopped at source and diverted from France and Canada last year .  The EU are therefore become the barsteward child of Mr Orange with this move.  

They are now 'demanding' some of the UK's supply of the AZ Vaccine to meet their quotas.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Regarding this problem with the EU and the vaccine.  I'm assuming that there saying the UK is getting there order and the EU aren't.  Well there is issue  with production and probably in the way it was ordered. There plan seems to be to keep hold of supply and stop it leaving Belgium to satisfy there quota by force.  If that's the case it's very reminiscent of what Trump was hammered for, regarding drugs being stopped at source and diverted from France and Canada last year .  The EU are therefore become the barsteward child of Mr Orange with this move.  

I get it but if the production was in the UK and most of it was going to Europe, UK would be Uncle Orange's nephew

23 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

They are now 'demanding' some of the UK's supply of the AZ Vaccine to meet their quotas.

Why would they need us to help, I remember that they had this programme that our Government were incompetent not joining it, remember reading it on here.

Still awaiting any comment from anyone that made them remarks.

Wall of silence.

13 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

So something we have paid for and ordered, is being stopped from coming here because the EU supply has not been forthcoming.  Denying people death preventing medication seems totally abhorrent. Is this because of there own poor planning . To be honest, even if it isn't, there issue has to be with the provider.  They do realise stopping the movement of this vaccine will make them look like the worlds biggest shysters.    I can't believe that the provider would fulfil it's order to the UK over and above theirs as there surely a bigger customer.  Have they used another supplier as the main source of vaccine and it's not been forthcoming and they want others to suffer. Ultimately you want everyone to get a vaccine, it's the only way forward but this is absolutely appalling.  Is it there plan to leave people without a second dose when we're hitting 1700 deaths a day.  Please no longer refer to the EU as 'friends and neighbours' if they plan to burn the house down and walk of laughing. 

35 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yet the same very people that would have jumped straight on the first one of these will now be looking to deflect or come up with an excuse for the EU. Its absolutely hilarious to watch.

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I get it but if the production was in the UK and most of it was going to Europe, UK would be Uncle Orange's nephew

Do Europe get any of the vaccine produced the UK . I assume they do.  If they do the only answer would be to to put a block on that to fulfil the requirement here.  That is the inevitability of this.  Isn't Pfizer an American company with a plant in Belgium. Most of this will produced there and shipped to Belgium to be finished I would think . Not sure they'll be chuffed with this . We'll probably wind up getting a plant here for production. 

Just found this so an expected delay that's been known about

Pfizer has confirmed it is planning to temporarily slow deliveries of its coronavirus vaccine to Europe while it focuses on upscaling its manufacturing facilities.

The pharmaceutical company, which has partnered with Germany's BioNTech to make the vaccine, said the upgraded capacity would make it easier to reach its target of producing two billion doses a year.

Line Fedders, a spokeswoman for Pfizer Denmark, said the work would include "adaptation of facilities and processes at the factory" in Puurs, Belgium, "which requires new quality tests and approvals from the authorities".

She added this would temporarily result in "fewer doses" being available for countries in Europe "at the end of January and the beginning of February".

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Do Europe get any of the vaccine produced the UK . I assume they do.  If they do the only answer would be to to put a block on that to fulfil the requirement here.  That is the inevitability of this.  Isn't Pfizer an American company with a plant in Belgium. Most of this will produced there and shipped to Belgium to be finished I would think . Not sure they'll be chuffed with this . We'll probably wind up getting a plant here for production. 

Pfizer has confirmed it is planning to temporarily slow deliveries of its coronavirus vaccine to Europe while it focuses on upscaling its manufacturing facilities.

The pharmaceutical company, which has partnered with Germany's BioNTech to make the vaccine, said the upgraded capacity would make it easier to reach its target of producing two billion doses a year.

Line Fedders, a spokeswoman for Pfizer Denmark, said the work would include "adaptation of facilities and processes at the factory" in Puurs, Belgium, "which requires new quality tests and approvals from the authorities".

She added this would temporarily result in "fewer doses" being available for countries in Europe "at the end of January and the beginning of February".

so you don't think the Uk press wouldn't be moaning like crazy if the roles were reversed?

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/26/covid-19-vaccine-hungary-bought-russia-s-sputnik-v-jab-because-eu-scheme-was-too-slow

Unfortunately Hungary are having to buy vaccine from Russia because member states cannot buy any vaccines with any supplier that are in negotiations with the EU.  I wonder have many lives will be lost through the slow EU bureaucracy and red tape. 
I have no doubt the regular posters on here who compare our country to others countries we give us all the information we need to make an informed decision but I suspect it will not fit in with their political narrative so not expecting many to evaluate the problem

6 hours ago, sage said:

As a foster carer I am not deemed 'frontline' so will be waiting quite a while. Sadly I know a social worker and a disability support worker who have turned down vaccines. One got offered it on a Thursday and didn't want to feel 'under the weather' over the weekend. The other thinks the govt are making people take an undertested vaccine to get the economy going.

I despair.

Am I wrong to say that anyone turning down the vaccine for anything other than medical reasons - if they require hospital treatment down the line should be charged?

I do feel the same with certain other things, like excess alcohol and so on but fully appreciate it's a grey area.

55 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You have to say - all of this was completely inevitable. As soon as vaccines become available, there was going to be this bum fight.

The AZ vaccine produced in the UK - are any of the raw materials produced in the EU. If so - the EU can then just find excuses to stop them being delivered.

It's sad and pathetic but its the way of life now. 

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Am I wrong to say that anyone turning down the vaccine for anything other than medical reasons - if they require hospital treatment down the line should be charged?

I do feel the same with certain other things, like excess alcohol and so on but fully appreciate it's a grey area.

Hi bill

hows the bank balance comming along?

given that vaccine producers have been given indemnity you might want to add a bit of balance to that debate?

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Be careful with snapshots ,, there are many many middle aged and older people who are against lockdown policies ( even the W H O are far from behind them) , and plenty of younger people are supportive of measure , it’s too easy to split groups and set them at odds with each other and probably the most frustrating thing I see is this line about stopped from going to the pub ,, it’s far far more than that for the young who happen to disagree with lockdowns

It wasn't a snapshot though. It was a story that was factual so with respect what I said was correct. I'm also well aware that as you say it's not just one group, however this discussion was.

7 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

It wasn't a snapshot though. It was a story that was factual so with respect what I said was correct. I'm also well aware that as you say it's not just one group, however this discussion was.

I know , I don’t doubt it but as I say the pro / anti lockdown debate isn’t a young and old split and it’s driven by lots of complex and serious issues not just getting in the pub

7 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

Isn't that just someone's personal opinion from the comments section on the Euro News site? I presume it's not from an actual article, given its poor spelling and punctuation. I'm not saying you shouldn't have shared it, but it's no better informed or authorative than anyone else's personal opinion. I'm not sure what it's proving? ?‍♂️

Apologies thought I provided a link to the article it refers to the EU not rolling out future vaccines to other countries in the future because they are trying to deflect attention away from the bureaucracy and red tape that has highlighted the incompetence of the overpaid unelected EU commission.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why would they need us to help, I remember that they had this programme that our Government were incompetent not joining it, remember reading it on here.

Still awaiting any comment from anyone that made them remarks.

Wall of silence.

Wasn't the point made we could have joined the EU programme, and still ran our own in parallel, like a belt and braces approach?

I honestly can't remember.

Archived