Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I just saw the literal transcript of the response from our Home Secretary when asked why we had the worst daily death rates in the world

Regardless of all our differences on here, and passing no comment on the true answer, surely we all agree that we deserve a better quality of politician than this rambling incoherent mess

image.thumb.png.2e2b86982ad0d61ead6d5fb20cea522c.png

As Priti Patel recruited Donald Trump as her speech writer, now he is no longer president.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Maybe they just want to get away from someone they work with?

I can understand that,  I haven't missed the fella who stinks the office out each morning with his dumps,  the sneezes he looks at then licks out of his hands.

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

You’d think he’d use the toilet for his dumps, needs to demonstrate more consideration.

my thoughts exactly,its what happens when you work in Nottingham 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Crapping at your desk- the only place left in increasing key performance indicators.

Oh ! I was unaware of that, thank you, though increasing key performance indicators mean nothing to me, it’s beneficial to know. I think. 

45 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I can understand that,  I haven't missed the fella who stinks the office out each morning with his dumps,  the sneezes he looks at then licks out of his hands.

I thought we had an understanding and you wouldn’t call me out on the forum ?

37 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

my thoughts exactly,its what happens when you work in Nottingham 

Easy tiger. Some of us on here live and work in Nottingham.

Since March, I've worked 12.30 - 16.30 everyday, as we weren't allowed to be furloughed in the first phase, yet my employer carried on paying us as if we'd worked full time hours, with no assistance from HM treasury.

I'm beginning to question why on earth I'd return full time when my employer can obviously afford to effectively double my hourly rate and still stay profitable without state intervention?

I'll probably settle for a 32 hr week as a compromise.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe the fact that she got voted in should tell you that not everyone gets butt hurt about hearing the truth and actually agree with her.

Having seen the reaction to some of our staff being asked to return to work after furlough, I cant help but agree with her.

So because some people at your work would rather remain furloughed, you agree with her that British people are amongst the worst idlers in the world.

But when a journalist reports on people coming to the Tier 1 Isle of Wight during lockdown, you take this as yet another vicious attack on the poor, downtrodden man, who just wanted a quiet pint with his large group of friends?

If Patel has said "British people are amongst the worst drunks in the world" you'd have been furious with such as terrible demonisation. How dare she say that! Lazy, god yes, but drinking to excess? Give me strength.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Easy tiger. Some of us on here live and work in Nottingham.

Since March, I've worked 12.30 - 16.30 everyday, as we weren't allowed to be furloughed in the first phase, yet my employer carried on paying us as if we'd worked full time hours, with no assistance from HM treasury.

I'm beginning to question why on earth I'd return full time when my employer can obviously afford to effectively double my hourly rate and still stay profitable without state intervention?

I'll probably settle for a 32 hr week as a compromise.

yeah but do you take a dump on the floor ??

9 hours ago, BIllyD said:

We dont really need to wait for the coming months. Since the start of the trial the number of critically ill patients in the over 65s has almost halved.

I'd also say that I'd be more comfortable in having at least some protection than none at all, therefore even if it's the one jab method that has not been proven either way, is better than none, especially given the high death rates that were being recorded in this country.

Id be a bigger concern if my country was sitting there and not even started the vaccination process as yet, they risk falling behind the rest of the world, having to keep borders shut, restricting travel out of the country whilst others open their back up.

Which is all well and good, but really speaks to utter shambles of a situation the UK is in. 

It never should have gotten to the point that the UK has to gamble on this. Doing so would be expected to reduce some deaths now, but the concern is that it could lead to a situation where the UK needs to redo the entire process to get the best outcome. That is what could put the UK far behind the rest of the World. 

As to Australia not starting yet, personally I'm very comfortable with that, because nobody is dying of Covid-19, and few, if any, even have it. The situation is under control, and ultimately, as noted, doing the vaccination program once properly should be quicker than doing a half-measure job now, and then having to redo the entire process later. Let's hope it doesn't come to that for the UK. 

9 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Well hopefully it works out in the UK and you im sure will come back and put your hands up and admit you were wrong as quickly as you will post if it appears to go wrong.

Of course, if this strategy ends up working as effectively as countries that followed the recommendations, then all is good. The concern I see is the logistical concerns of having to redo the entire process due to making the vaccine less effective. 

8 hours ago, Norman said:

I do hope you've watched Chris Witty's interview on why they are doing it. 

I understand why it's being done this way, I still think it's a gamble that risks extending this crisis even longer. Ultimately, the UK put itself in this position though, sadly. Let's hope it goes well. 

14 minutes ago, Albert said:

Which is all well and good, but really speaks to utter shambles of a situation the UK is in. 

It never should have gotten to the point that the UK has to gamble on this. Doing so would be expected to reduce some deaths now, but the concern is that it could lead to a situation where the UK needs to redo the entire process to get the best outcome. That is what could put the UK far behind the rest of the World. 

As to Australia not starting yet, personally I'm very comfortable with that, because nobody is dying of Covid-19, and few, if any, even have it. The situation is under control, and ultimately, as noted, doing the vaccination program once properly should be quicker than doing a half-measure job now, and then having to redo the entire process later. Let's hope it doesn't come to that for the UK. 

Of course, if this strategy ends up working as effectively as countries that followed the recommendations, then all is good. The concern I see is the logistical concerns of having to redo the entire process due to making the vaccine less effective. 

I understand why it's being done this way, I still think it's a gamble that risks extending this crisis even longer. Ultimately, the UK put itself in this position though, sadly. Let's hope it goes well. 

do you accept you was premature with your post earlier relating to it being an absolute failure ?

52 minutes ago, Albert said:

We were talking about Israel, why the complete change of direction onto the UK ?

You said they had got it wrong ?

7 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

do you accept you was premature with your post earlier relating to it being an absolute failure ?

Source on me calling it an 'absolute failure'? If not, I await your apology. 

6 hours ago, BIllyD said:

We were talking about Israel, why the complete change of direction onto the UK ?

You said they had got it wrong ?

Because we're discussing the situation in the UK, and how the UK is using the vaccine. 

I still think it's the wrong course of action to conduct a fresh phase 3 trial of a vaccine on your own population, and there is nothing in the early data to suggest that it's a good course of action. That said, as noted, I understand why the UK have taken such a desperate approach. 

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Source on me calling it an 'absolute failure'? If not, I await your apology. 

Because we're discussing the situation in the UK, and how the UK is using the vaccine. 

I still think it's the wrong course of action to conduct a fresh phase 3 trial of a vaccine on your own population, and there is nothing in the early data to suggest that it's a good course of action. That said, as noted, I understand why the UK have taken such a desperate approach. 

I personaly don’t understand, if there’s one area of following the science that you do it’s administer the vaccine in the way it’s researched and recommended by the manufacturer, it’s way too big a gamble to do otherwise , you could end up wasting a massive amount of time and money for a whole heap of next to nothing and alienate an already uncertain public against vaccine ??‍♂️

Archived