Coronavirus

1of4

7 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I just saw the literal transcript of the response from our Home Secretary when asked why we had the worst daily death rates in the world

Regardless of all our differences on here, and passing no comment on the true answer, surely we all agree that we deserve a better quality of politician than this rambling incoherent mess

image.thumb.png.2e2b86982ad0d61ead6d5fb20cea522c.png

?

I can't stand the vile woman but if it was me, I suppose I'd get into all sorts of trouble by saying that our numbers look so bad because many other countries are lying about theirs.

The new variant is a valid reason why numbers are so high (other countries may catch up, as it spreads there) but, to me, it's that failure of test & trace, more than anything else that's failed to keep a lid on it after the summer.

Oh, and failing to support those who were supposed to live on fresh air while they properly self-isolated. So they didn't/couldn't.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

?

I can't stand the vile woman but if it was me, I suppose I'd get into all sorts of trouble by saying that our numbers look so bad because many other countries are lying about theirs.

The new variant is a valid reason why numbers are so high (other countries may catch up, as it spreads there) but, to me, it's that failure of test & trace, more than anything else that's failed to keep a lid on it after the summer.

Oh, and failing to support those who were supposed to live on fresh air while they properly self-isolated. So they didn't/couldn't.

Trest and trace has been a bit of a horror show but I still fail how this would have done anything once the decision was made to reopen schools in September.

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

I flipping hope so. How are you doing anyway? Still suffering or over the worst?

One thing I read was that the danger of letting the virus circulate freely because the most vulnerable have been vaccinated is that it's then a playground for it to mutate and (worst case) become resistant to the vaccine

Go back to work tomorrow. Still got a persistent cough, but apparently that's not contagious at this point and the cough could last for a month yet. 

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Trest and trace has been a bit of a horror show but I still fail how this would have done anything once the decision was made to reopen schools in September.

Has it been shown that schools were a hotbed for transmission, though, or is it coindcidental with the rises outside of school?. If so, I genuinely haven't seen that. I remember seeing that it was more likely amongst older kids (secondary+)

We were lucky in that my daughter's primary school of around 400 pupils didn't have a single case throughout the Autumn term.

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I just saw the literal transcript of the response from our Home Secretary when asked why we had the worst daily death rates in the world

Regardless of all our differences on here, and passing no comment on the true answer, surely we all agree that we deserve a better quality of politician than this rambling incoherent mess

image.thumb.png.2e2b86982ad0d61ead6d5fb20cea522c.png

"British home secretaries are amongst the worst idlers in the world". I wrote that in a book a few years ago. Imagine my surprise when all the home secretaries all voted for me. Told you they were all lazy and useless!

3 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

WE ARE SH!TE

FTFY, Does that help ?

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

"British home secretaries are amongst the worst idlers in the world". I wrote that in a book a few years ago. Imagine my surprise when all the home secretaries all voted for me. Told you they were all lazy and useless!

Maybe the fact that she got voted in should tell you that not everyone gets butt hurt about hearing the truth and actually agree with her.

Having seen the reaction to some of our staff being asked to return to work after furlough, I cant help but agree with her.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe the fact that she got voted in should tell you that not everyone gets butt hurt about hearing the truth and actually agree with her.

Having seen the reaction to some of our staff being asked to return to work after furlough, I cant help but agree with her.

My wife's company has had issues with getting people to return. They asked what's in it for me as they were actually better off on 80 % without commuting costs.

Erm..a job. 

9 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

My wife's company has had issues with getting people to return. They asked what's in it for me as they were actually better off on 80 % without commuting costs.

Erm..a job. 

Yep had the same sort of comments.

Or where employees have been returned in a staggered approach, employees being asked to return first have asked why they are being asked to come back before other employees!

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Yep had the same sort of comments.

Or where employees have been returned in a staggered approach, employees being asked to return first have asked why they are being asked to come back before other employees!

Its depressing really.  People should view the bigger picture.  

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

As is our performance with the vaccine rollout...

Agreed. Of course, it goes without saying that the government have decided to go against the manufacturer's instructions with respect to the delay between the first and second dose.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Agreed. Of course, it goes without saying that the government have decided to go against the manufacturer's instructions with respect to the delay between the first and second dose.

And the Chief Medical Officer has spoken about why the Government have been advised to do this.

You seem to be very selective over when you want the experts listened to?

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm afraid too many people have got used to a society that will fund their lives, its nothing new, guess the furlough scheme is just the latest part of it.

I think in the scheme of things, in the middle of a horrible pandemic, that's a pretty low blow

Everyone I know that's furloughed would rather not be furloughed. They're bored out of their minds

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

I think in the scheme of things, in the middle of a horrible pandemic, that's a pretty low blow

Everyone I know that's furloughed would rather not be furloughed. They're bored out of their minds

How is it a low blow? Im literally referring to cases at our company.

Archived