Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/12/2020 at 21:55, G STAR RAM said:

No, I genuinely don't know what could have stopped flu from being transmitted, if people are mixing so closely that Covid is being transmitted?

If that isn't a wind-up, it's no wonder the UK has the highest death rate in Europe from Covid.

On 05/12/2020 at 01:30, uttoxram75 said:

Are we not allowed to be a tad cautious of this vaccine even though we've had all the childhood ones. Does that make us antivaxxers, or just slightly nervous of this one.

Its a bit rushed, I can't find out if its been tested on over 80's who are on medication so not sure if I'm happy for me mum to have it?

Its been through a similar amount of tests to every other vaccine. The reasons it has been developed so quickly is researchers usually spend half their time trying to obtain grants for the next stage of work and usually facilities are being shared with other priorities.

The only difference in risk is less time to analyse long term side effects that can't currently be envisaged.

Nottingham's Christmas market gets shut down after just one day. What were the Nottingham city council expecting to happen when they allowed the market to go ahead. That people would be sensible and not crowd on to the streets, observe social distancing and the wearing of a mask. Of cause people weren't going to be sensible.

We saw a similar situation in some pubs that reopened after the first national lockdown, that allowed to many customers to enter their premises.Then people wondered why the infection rates went back up with them then moaning about the second national lockdown.

I've not been happy with the restrictions placed on us during two lockdowns but I fully understand why they were imposed. When people were given the opportunity to return to some semblance of normality, to many people haven't been sensible in their actions and not followed the simple rules of social distancing and the wearing of a mask. 

There's speculation that there will be another spike in the new year due to the relaxing of restrictions for five days over Christmas. After seeing the crowds in Nottingham along with other pictures of shoppers packed on to the  streets of other cities. There could well be a rise in the number of infection before the festive period.

32 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Nottingham's Christmas market gets shut down after just one day. What were the Nottingham city council expecting to happen when they allowed the market to go ahead. That people would be sensible and not crowd on to the streets, observe social distancing and the wearing of a mask. Of cause people weren't going to be sensible.

We saw a similar situation in some pubs that reopened after the first national lockdown, that allowed to many customers to enter their premises.Then people wondered why the infection rates went back up with them then moaning about the second national lockdown.

I've not been happy with the restrictions placed on us during two lockdowns but I fully understand why they were imposed. When people were given the opportunity to return to some semblance of normality, to many people haven't been sensible in their actions and not followed the simple rules of social distancing and the wearing of a mask. 

There's speculation that there will be another spike in the new year due to the relaxing of restrictions for five days over Christmas. After seeing the crowds in Nottingham along with other pictures of shoppers packed on to the  streets of other cities. There could well be a rise in the number of infection before the festive period.

At the hospital the other day I was a millimetre from clocking some bloke who started arguing that as he had a mask on he could get in a lift with me and another despite the large sign that said two only in this lift.  Saw a couple of lads get given a mask in Asda at the door - put them on - then take them off a few feet later. Two examples , I could give you a hundred more. No-one keeps there distance.

Personally, I have no doubt this mass mixing over 5 days will be a disaster as people have shown they can't act in any reasonable manner in huge numbers.  If someone is going to be on there own over Christmas it is valid that they should be able to spend a day or few days at a persons house - pre test required the day before - for me that's it. You'll be amazed how many houses will have 10 'cousins' with different surnames congregating in a house for a session come 23rd December. 30.000 new cases a day by second week of Jan incoming

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Christmas Market in Nottingham shut after one day, because people are pooing in shop doorways because the toilets are shut.

Dirty bar steward's.

Back in June they were pooping in burgers boxes and wiping there arses with masks and leaving the lot on the beach. I'm not surprised unfortunately.

42 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Can't remember who it was on here showing off about going to the pub when they first opened in summer, and how great it was that everyone was ignoring social distancing and pub was crowded. Don't think they post anymore, hopefully they didn't get ill.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

At the hospital the other day I was a millimetre from clocking some bloke who started arguing that as he had a mask on he could get in a lift with me and another despite the large sign that said two only in this lift.  Saw a couple of lads get given a mask in Asda at the door - put them on - then take them off a few feet later. Two examples , I could give you a hundred more. No-one keeps there distance.

Personally, I have no doubt this mass mixing over 5 days will be a disaster as people have shown they can't act in any reasonable manner in huge numbers.  If someone is going to be on there own over Christmas it is valid that they should be able to spend a day or few days at a persons house - pre test required the day before - for me that's it. You'll be amazed how many houses will have 10 'cousins' with different surnames congregating in a house for a session come 23rd December. 30.000 new cases a day by second week of Jan incoming

I dont go out that much but can give so many examples too. I dont think its everyone but certainly plenty of people who dont want to follow the rules.

Before the tier system was implemented we left one pub because they were allowing people to crowd in and stand, another allowed two groups to have a table next to each other to circumnavigate the rule of six, and it soon just became one big group. People entering he pubs not sanitising their hands (and yes i know we shouldnt criticise young people but it was mainly young people)

We have some friends who havent been good at following the rules throughout (especially during this last lockdown), however many weeks ago while it was ok to meet other people indoors we agreed to book a christmas meal with them, ok no problem, in a recent chat with them i said that it doesnt look good for us getting together because the best we an hope is tier 2 and its now allowed, so their response was to invite us to their house for a meal on the same day, didnt even bat an eyelid.

We just said lets see whats happening, but now it leaves me feeling like a dick when i say to them im not coming over because i know she more than him is going to take it personally and feel like we are saying they are dirty/unclean.

I wont go, ill have to have a conversation, it just annoys me more as they know i had to shield during both lockdowns.

My view with the Christmas thing is it was another damned if you do, i still think those of us who have been responsible will continue to be, i know the group i meet with over christmas have taken every precaution they can and remained sensible, i know it means i wont get to meet other members of my family but so be it. I think the spread will come from those who are and have been irresponsible, and would have gathered in groups anyway regardless of the relaxation of the rules.

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

Is that picture definitely from this year? Seems odd that no one at all has a mask.

Its in lots of media news items so suggests it could be true. You do have a good point though.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Doing our best to catch up then

image.thumb.png.39aefbe2ac485c990f1397378e0f9e76.png

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

Is that picture definitely from this year? Seems odd that no one at all has a mask.

24 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Its in lots of media news items so suggests it could be true. You do have a good point though.

Something, something "Travelling community", something pre-arranged gathering, something something fights breakout, something arrests made etc.

10 hours ago, Rev said:

Christmas Market in Nottingham shut after one day, because people are pooing in shop doorways because the toilets are shut.

Dirty bar steward's.

I think that's unfair, and personally i lay the blame for this at the door of the government

I've checked the Tier rules multiple times and NOWHERE is it mentioned whether it's allowed to defecate in a shop doorway under Tier 3

With this sort of ambiguity from Boris - it's little wonder that the people of Nottingham are so confused as to whether it is OK or not to empty your bowels in a shop doorway. They need clarity on such matters urgently!

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You'll be amazed how many houses will have 10 'cousins' with different surnames congregating in a house

Between my siblings, cousins and myself, there is 11 of us and we have 7 different surnames. 

Archived