Coronavirus

1of4

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Have a look at Flight Radar 24, then check some pictures of the arrivals lounge. That’s not flights with no passengers Freight or medical supplies 

I’ve been checking Flightradar24 when the occasional plane goes over our village and oddly enough while I can still physically  see the plane, nothing shows up on the app. ?‍♂️

I don’t know what that’s all about.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’ve been checking Flightradar24 when the occasional plane goes over our village and oddly enough while I can still physically  see the plane, nothing shows up on the app. ?‍♂️

We have American Lockheed Galaxy military freighters landing at the local airbase and they're not on the app either.

48 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What bit of "Within 100 miles of where I live" did you not understand?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52098430

Edit: See my previous remark about petty sniping.

Sorry I’m not sniping I have no time for that. I also I have absolutely no idea where you live, so can’t gauge where the 100 mile radius would be. 
I’m just pointing out, while we are in lockdown we are allowing people from all over (including highly infected areas) to come into the populous totally unchecked. 

29 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’m not sure what shows up to be honest, I use it for when I’m travelling with work to see if my flights will be on time. 

Are you sure they are planes??? Could they be UFO’s or government crafts checking on you!!!!! The truth is out there my friend ?

45 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Fairly sure FlightRadar has a built in delay to foil bad guys! And possibly doesn't pick up Military Transponders for same reason

The suggestion today from Matt Hancock that it is misuse of PPE that is, at least in part, the reason for shortage at the same time as they trot out for the umpteenth time the 'cheques in the post' line is truly scandalous. The government is being allowed to march us into a disaster that would have had any other PM and their cabinet nigh on court martialled for three main reasons.

1: The media and opposition are bereft of ability to challenge on the key points. Whether this is the questioning format or the 'get three questions in now' mentality from the chaos that was Brexit I am not sure but I see no Paxmans or Dimblebys here. We are not asking the right questions and when we do we are not forcing the questions to be answered.

2: The media, frankly largely pro-Government biased, is loathe to tell it as it is. Any event in our history that caused (at least, remember numbers reported are only hospital deaths) a thousand people to die on one day would have caused such an outrage that parties would have fallen, elections would have been called.

3: I don't say that is what is needed but the sheer truth that Parliament still sits in recess at this time is truly a statement of how little this government cares, and how incapable the other parties are to challenge that position. The daily briefings verge on farce with their repeated roll out of the same old schpeel and the same old claims.

Take a look at the curves and see where we are and then ask yourself - who should be brought to task for allowing Cheltenham, Champions League games, Stereophonics concerts and more at a time when we knew what was coming? Who should be brought to task when we knew we would need (and indeed turned our back on offer of) ventilators and PPE? 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/apr/10/matt-hancock-urges-public-not-to-overuse-ppe

7 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

The suggestion today from Matt Hancock that it is misuse of PPE that is, at least in part, the reason for shortage at the same time as they trot out for the umpteenth time the 'cheques in the post' line is truly scandalous. The government is being allowed to march us into a disaster that would have had any other PM and their cabinet nigh on court martialled for three main reasons.

1: The media and opposition are bereft of ability to challenge on the key points. Whether this is the questioning format or the 'get three questions in now' mentality from the chaos that was Brexit I am not sure but I see no Paxmans or Dimblebys here. We are not asking the right questions and when we do we are not forcing the questions to be answered.

2: The media, frankly largely pro-Government biased, is loathe to tell it as it is. Any event in our history that caused (at least, remember numbers reported are only hospital deaths) a thousand people to die on one day would have caused such an outrage that parties would have fallen, elections would have been called.

3: I don't say that is what is needed but the sheer truth that Parliament still sits in recess at this time is truly a statement of how little this government cares, and how incapable the other parties are to challenge that position. The daily briefings verge on farce with their repeated roll out of the same old schpeel and the same old claims.

Take a look at the curves and see where we are and then ask yourself - who should be brought to task for allowing Cheltenham, Champions League games, Stereophonics concerts and more at a time when we knew what was coming? Who should be brought to task when we knew we would need (and indeed turned our back on offer of) ventilators and PPE? 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/apr/10/matt-hancock-urges-public-not-to-overuse-ppe

Yep there is now a real hole being created where proper questioning and analysis should exist ,I’m not really big on conspiracy theories but I like to be able to read ,hear and debate opinions that don’t ness follow the official line 

27 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

The suggestion today from Matt Hancock that it is misuse of PPE that is, at least in part, the reason for shortage at the same time as they trot out for the umpteenth time the 'cheques in the post' line is truly scandalous.

Can't have people wasting taxpayers' money. That's the mindset that has left Britain with 6.6 intensive beds per 100,000 population instead of Germany's 29.3, They haven't changed one little bit.

40 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I agree with important questions not being asked.

Really not sure where you are looking  though if you think you are seeing largely pro Government biased media.

From what I can see, it is the fact that the media are so anti Government which is the reason why the important questions are not being asked.

They are that intent asking the same question over and over and trying to catch the Government out because they think that will create more of a story than actually getting the important answers to what is actually happening.

Half of the problem though is snakes like Hancock think they can get away with ignoring questions that they dont want to answer day after day. I hope people remember this.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

I am neither sticking up for the Government nor the media, but you do have to analyse the performance of our Government Officials, NHS Heads and Scientific Bods on a pan-European basis, rather than in a bubble. Other than Germany, how are we doing per 1m population on deaths, hospital admissions and intensive care numbers? Our Government has been a little less ‘draconian’ than many, and given our people a few more freedoms. A minority of Bamfords don’t seem to care, but generally speaking, it doesn’t seem to be skewing the numbers. I don’t think our key indicators are significantly out of line with our European brethren are they?

49 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Can't have people wasting taxpayers' money. That's the mindset that has left Britain with 6.6 intensive beds per 100,000 population instead of Germany's 29.3, They haven't changed one little bit.

Do we have an intensive care bed issue then?  I was under the impression that bed/ventilator usage was being well managed by the NHS and that the expected take-up in Nightingale Hospital facilities was going to be somewhat below capacity. 

1 minute ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Not if we stay at home.

Sorry bud, you are losing me.  We should be staying at home; so to the Germans.  Is there an intensive care bed or ventilator crisis currently in Britain?

20 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Sorry bud, you are losing me.  We should be staying at home; so to the Germans.  Is there an intensive care bed or ventilator crisis currently in Britain?

We won't have an intensive care bed issue if we stay at home for long enough, but all those extra intensive care beds like they have in Germany might come in useful one day. I know where I'd rather be.

4 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

We won't have an intensive care bed issue if we stay at home for long enough, but all those extra intensive care beds like they have in Germany might come in useful one day. I know where I'd rather be.

If the Germans keep being so generally unresponsive to the needs of their neighbours in plight they might find some use for those extra intensive care beds.

41 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If the Germans keep being so generally unresponsive to the needs of their neighbours in plight they might find some use for those extra intensive care beds.

Edited 35 minutes ago by i-Ram

They have taken in lots of patients from the Alsace-Lorraine region of France just over the border which has been particularly badly hit and does have capacity problems on its intensive wards.

Archived