v QPR (a) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

Just now, DRBee said:

Cocu's cautious negative set up costs us again.... don 't just blame the players.

How was his tactics negative tonight?

They didn't look like scoring. First one was poor defending and a good finish. 

Second one was Rooney's poor pass and they broke. I'll need to see it again but I thought Hamer could have done better initially.

On the flip side if Waghorn could finish his dinner we'd have won that comfortably.

The amount of sitters he misses is an absolute joke. The first one today was harder to get over the bar and the second one is absolute bread and butter for a left footed striker. No excuses.

2 penalties he's missed. And off the top of my head I can think of him mission 5 or 6 sitters. I understand strikers miss chances. But these aren't just chances. These are sitters.

Just to add a bit more. Davies is finished. Love the bloke but he's getting shown up now.

Hamer is only in goal cos he's not as bad as Roos.

Bird is going to be some footballer.

Marriott doesn't look interested.

Season over.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Cocu's cautious negative set up costs us again.... don 't just blame the players.

Their goals came from two very obvious individual mistakes and we had enough chances to win the game. How exactly is this a case of a 'negative set up' costing us?

12 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

So much for the optimism for next year.

There's something fundamentally wrong with this team away from home.

Are we actually seeing any improvement game on game. I'm not.

Woeful again tonight.

Hopeless at playing out from the back, no options in midfield, and wasteful strikers.

On that performance, we're miles off challenging for the top six.

God knows what the answer is, but if we don't find it soon, then we can write off next season as well.

Mac 3 

Thing is we looked to have stumbled upon something good after Stoke at home.

Yet Cocu has changed the team every game since.

Is it any wonder the likes of Martin, Bogle, Lowe, Knight, Jozefzoon and Marriott come into the side and look a step or two behind the rest?

Bird has started game after game and looks fantastic. This is what players need in order to get sharp and build consistency.

Why can’t Cocu see this?

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Second one was Rooney's poor pass and they broke. I'll need to see it again but I thought Hamer could have done better initially.

On the flip side if Waghorn could finish his dinner we'd have won that comfortably.

The amount of sitters he misses is an absolute joke. The first one today was harder to get over the bar and the second one is absolute bread and butter for a left footed striker. No excuses.

2 penalties he's missed. And off the top of my head I can think of him mission 5 or 6 sitters. I understand strikers miss chances. But these aren't just chances. These are sitters.

Just to add a bit more. Davies is finished. Love the bloke but he's getting shown up now.

Season over.

Spot on

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Season over.

Why bother to play him at all. Get rid.

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If the moan stats were evaluated for this thread Waghorn would get the most amongst the forwards and he scored our only goal. Marriott surely deserves more moans?

Not at all. Baalocks in fact. He rarely gets those clear cut chances that Waghorn does as our ball play is shocking and he barely gets any game time. Then when Waghorn scores his sixth attempt hes better than Marriott?

Marriott slotted the ball in and set him up earlier and Waghorn allows the QPR player to waltz in and take it. Several sitters missed. 

Very frustrating. Again.

Our problem pre Christmas was that we just werent in games at all away from home. We're now competing and arguably edging games but making inexplicable mistakes time & time again. Defensively although we're not being overrun, we're just too loose. A lot of our problems are self-inflicted with careless passes & dithering on the ball...to see Rooney make a pass like that for their winner shows its ingrained in the team.

It's not unreasonable to think we should have beaten Luton, Bristol & QPR...instead we've got nowt.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Thing is we looked to have stumbled upon something good after Stoke at home.

Yet Cocu has changed the team every game since.

Is it any wonder the likes of Martin, Bogle, Lowe, Knight, Jozefzoon and Marriott come into the side and look a step or two behind the rest?

Bird has started game after game and looks fantastic. This is what players need in order to get sharp and build consistency.

Why can’t Cocu see this?

Right okay I get it but fixture congestion? 

Seriously. Why can't you see this?

What is it with football fans and thinking managers do things just because they feel like it? I'm done

Archived