v QPR (a) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty poor first half really. Our play out the back has been rank bad in particular. Slow and indecisive - we’ve been unable to beat the press almost the whole way through the match. Given QPR exactly what they wanted - mistakes on the ball by the likes of Hamer and Davies that they can latch onto. We’ve got no chance of putting anything together when we can’t even get the ball our the backline without a lump forward or conceding possession in a dangerous area. Midfield also look strangely nervy and shaky, a few poor touches and passing mistakes have conceded possession very cheaply. Suppose it’s those away from home nerves again. 

More positively the QPR defence (and goalie) look a bit dodgy, and when we have got the ball up front we’ve looked pretty dangerous and threatening. But we need to calm down and improve our play out the back massively second half if we’re gonna actually get the ball up to our front line to cause some danger. Maybe slightly lucky to go In at 1-1, though the game has been fairly even.

So just checking in then 

Derby give a goal away from a cross at a guess 

Waghorn misses a sitter as per normal but he’s our main goal threat 

oh Waghorn scores - has Marriott been involved ? 

Surly martin would be suited to a smaller pitch? 

Our keeper has the slowest release points in the league  

Let me know if I missed anything 

4 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Well I have to admit I am really disappointed in Keith Stroud. He has been absolutely crap tonight - apart from 4 really really soft free-kicks 2 per side) he has been OK and I’ve got nothing to moan about tonight.

You just can’t get the crap refs when you want them!

He's useless - should have let us take the corner on the stroke of half time. He knew we were going to score from it.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Pretty poor first half really. Our play out the back has been rank bad in particular. Slow and indecisive - we’ve been unable to beat the press almost the whole way through the match. Given QPR exactly what they wanted - mistakes on the ball by the likes of Hamer and Davies that they can latch onto. We’ve got no chance of putting anything together when we can’t even get the ball our the backline without a lump forward or conceding possession in a dangerous area. Midfield also look strangely nervy and shaky, a few poor touches and passing mistakes have conceded possession very cheaply. Suppose it’s those away from home nerves again. 

More positively the QPR defence (and goalie) look a bit dodgy, and when we have got the ball up front we’ve looked pretty dangerous and threatening. But we need to calm down and improve our play out the back massively second half if we’re gonna actually get the ball up to our front line to cause some danger. Maybe slightly lucky to go In at 1-1, though the game has been fairly even.

I’ve been wondering for days where the real @Millenniumram was. It’s good to know he’s still alive

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So just checking in then 

It’s as if you’re there ?

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So just checking in then 

You forgot about Davies’ ability to play out from the back

Archived