We need to back Cocu

MackworthRamIsGod

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. OK got it, Cocu has no blame to take.

No one is saying he is blameless Roy FFS....but give him the chance to get a few players he actually wants in before judging the man fully...if he gets his own players and we are still not good enough then your point gains substance....but you're not giving the man a chance and blame everything on him....its bordering on ridiculous you blaming him for lack of signings

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

No one is saying he is blameless Roy FFS....but give him the chance to get a few players he actually wants in before judging the man fully...if he gets his own players and we are still not good enough then your point gains substance....but you're not giving the man a chance and blame everything on him....its bordering on ridiculous you blaming him for lack of signings

Do you know who is to blame for lack of signings then?

The point is he's not off to a good start, we're struggling to play football, to pull away from relegation, to score goals, to win away from home, to pick a 'best 11', to play a certain way... ?

13 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

External factors-injuries, both major and minor. A tipsy turvy season off the pitch has been one big distraction

More like rip roaring p*ssed out their tiny minds! 

I don't get this 'I have no idea what his plan is'.. argument.

He is clearly trying to play the youth and that's a success. He has given everyone a chance and then sent back Dowell /Paterson who he decided weren't going to be long term players for us. He persists with Lawrence, Hudds and Holmes as on their day they can look like quality players who can be key players for a team who could dictate a game. He wants to control possession and impose his team's style on the opposition...all this seems to reflect what he says he was setting out to do. 

Results arent great, performances are pretty patchy at best. Mistakes have been numerous and confidence isn't high. 

But I feel he is sticking to the principles he expressed and I have the belief it will come good, but regardless he needs time for us to see either way.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you know who is to blame for lack of signings then?

The point is he's not off to a good start, we're struggling to play football, to pull away from relegation, to score goals, to win away from home, to pick a 'best 11', to play a certain way... ?

Do you think Cocu is to blame for lack of signings? 

I don't know any more than you Roy but my guess is judging by the names of some of the players from abroad that yes maybe he has had some input into what sort of player we may require as our fantastic recruitment team don't usually venture abroad so maybe yes Cocu has some ideas and if he does then that is only a good thing....what I doubt he has any say on is the amount the player should be paid or how much we pay etc etc......regardless of all of this.....I want to see DCFC give Cocu the tools/players required to succeed here

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

Amazing how all these dross players were here last season as well.. Must have been something they ate in the summer.. 

From our first choice starting XI last season we’ve lost our top scorer, entire midfield and both centre-halves (sharing both POTY awards between them). 

9 hours ago, cannable said:

From our first choice starting XI last season we’ve lost our top scorer, entire midfield and both centre-halves (sharing both POTY awards between them). 

Even if we had them what evidence do you have that Cocu would play them or where/how he would?

3 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

We can't even afford to pay cash for a player currently, so we certainly havent got the cash to sack Cocu and pay up over 3 years of his contract.

Thats all you need to really know.

Either find a new hobby for a few years or hunker down and suck it up as it is.

Maybe a Prem club will come in for him like with Mac? 

8 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

We can't even afford to pay cash for a player currently, so we certainly havent got the cash to sack Cocu and pay up over 3 years of his contract.

Thats all you need to really know.

Either find a new hobby for a few years or hunker down and suck it up as it is.

But we don't have to say he's great just because we're stuck with him.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ha ha ha, read more than this forum. Look it was an off-the-cuff comment but seriously don't you think some of Cocu's choices are (let's say) odd? 

Yes some decisions have been, but at the same time what player can you say has really held down a position so far? Clarke? Rooney by proxy? He doesn’t know his best 11 but who can we say on merit deserves to be there? I don’t like admitting it because of the predicament but we really miss the consistency of Keogh’s performances as no one comes close to the standard he maintained.

19 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

He doesn’t know his best 11 but who can we say on merit deserves to be there? I don’t like admitting it because of the predicament but we really miss the consistency of Keogh’s performances as no one comes close to the standard he maintained.

How can you get consistency from players when you 'mess them about'? Keogh just played the one position?

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How can you get consistency from players when you 'mess them about'? Keogh just played the one position?

I get your point but how many have really been ‘messed about’ into different positions they can’t play?

How many players do you see who take responsibility on the ball? How many times is an easy option taken (ie passing sideways or back) under no pressure than maybe push forward into space? That’s not about position but about taking responsibility and stepping up your game. Too many are happy to try and pass it on to someone else.

Archived