We need to back Cocu

MackworthRamIsGod

I do think a lot of our players failure to meet their expectations is down to the manager. 

Maclaren twice took underperforming teams and got them going. Presumably by identifying the best way to employ them. 

Whilst I don't think we have the personel to be challenging at the very top, we do have personel that if IMHO played in a different style would be far more effective than we are currently.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloke looks deflated in his latest interview probably wondering how he’s got himself involved in this mess of a club atm. Wouldn’t surprise me if he left I would have given up a long time ago. The blokes incredible and easily one of my favourite managers we’ve had in recent times. We as fans need to let him know how much we want him to stay and succeed 

3 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Bloke looks deflated in his latest interview probably wondering how he’s got himself involved in this mess of a club atm. Wouldn’t surprise me if he left I would have given up a long time ago. The blokes incredible and easily one of my favourite managers we’ve had in recent times. We as fans need to let him know how much we want him to stay and succeed 

I don't think he looks defeated, just absolutely ducking knackered. I think he still believes in what he's doing and that we'll get there but it would drive anyone up the wall trying to deal with the repeated happy slaps from every direction.

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't think he looks defeated, just absolutely ducking knackered. I think he still believes in what he's doing and that we'll get there but it would drive anyone up the wall trying to deal with the repeated happy slaps from every direction.

He's clearly still hurting from the game at Luton. That came over in the RamsTV interview and even more so in the DET coverage of his press conference.

Some of the players are letting him - and thereby the club, its owner, the fans and themselves - down in a big way.

I really hope Cocu sticks it out for the long term. I fear the problems are deep and will take a while to eradicate.

Those wanting a Warnock style shot in the arm are very short sighted.

COYR ? Come on Cocu ?

9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I really hope Cocu sticks it out for the long term. I fear the problems are deep and will take a while to eradicate.

This also gets trotted out every time we have a dip in form - of course now we haven't had the opposite, unless you take it as home vs away form!

17 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, just been sitting on the bench, how's he to get fit? How does he get in lots of fans 'best team' then.

He’s been injured man! He’s coming back to fitness. If he’d come on and got injured again you’d 100% blame Cocu saying he was clueless for rushing him back.

15 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Whilst I don't think we have the personel to be challenging at the very top, we do have personel that if IMHO played in a different style would be far more effective than we are currently.

But that (for me) is merely a short term fix - That's exactly what a series of managers have tried to do simply to get us promoted ASAP

I like that Cocu is trying to put a style of play in, bring through youth players and really make a proper change - He obviously has faith in a style and way of playing that will eventually work and he needs the time (and patience of the fans) to mould the squad over time into that

I still think looking at this as a 2-3 year project will give us more likelihood of staying in the Prem if we go up than a surge and (potentially) burn approach

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Agreed - I think if I were Morris the main thing I'd be doing is spending every afternoon having a cup of tea with Cocu and reassuring him things will get better

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This also gets trotted out every time we have a dip in form - of course now we haven't had the opposite, unless you take it as home vs away form!

I keep reminding people - Yes Luton was painful and we really should have taken points from it - But even after that there are only 2/3 teams in the league who've picked up more points over the last 5-6 games than we have - Our away form has stunk all season and concentration in defence is woeful at times - But we aren't dreadful and one game doesn't tank a whole season

Remember getting taken apart at home to bottom team Sunderland in 2018? That was a million times worse than the Luton game and we still finished 6th that season

14 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I really want to agree with you but in what way has he been incredible ?

I mean he seems a nice enough chap if a little dull but incredible ?

Nope no matter how had I try I just can't see it !

2 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

It does concern me that we are utterly skint and if there was an issue with wages we’re not likely to be spending?

If there's an issue with wages it's as likely no-one (bar some youngster) will want to sign for us!

Just now, Van Cone De Head said:

Hopefully I’m worrying about nothing.

Yeah, c'mon look at the club there's plenty more things to worry about! [Pray they don't send Chrissy on loan again! Although there's been no sniff of new contract talks either ? ]

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, c'mon look at the club there's plenty more things to worry about! [Pray they don't send Chrissy on loan again! Although there's been no sniff of new contract talks either ? ]

If someone put cash on the table I think we’d move anyone on.

we won’t offer Martin a new deal.

2 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

If someone put cash on the table I think we’d move anyone on.

we won’t offer Martin a new deal.

? Oh I know, great that the famous 'possession football' Cocu prefers trampoline shins Waghorn, what a snip.

19 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Not everyone does tho.

I'm in the not sure camp but leaning towards the negative at the minute.

On 30/01/2020 at 23:18, IslandExile said:

He's clearly still hurting from the game at Luton. That came over in the RamsTV interview and even more so in the DET coverage of his press conference.

Some of the players are letting him - and thereby the club, its owner, the fans and themselves - down in a big way.

Those wanting a Warnock style shot in the arm are very short sighted.

COYR ? Come on Cocu ?

What a response.

And every single player should be proud of their performance tonight.

Chuffin' brilliant ?

Cocu is a strategist.  He has a vision and given time he will deliver.  Players are developing slowly but surely...... Clear signs of progress tonight but there will be more ups and downs.  His first year at PSV had fans calling for his head but then things clicked.  Give him time folks........ 

Archived