Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

12 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

For me it's a simple call. If a fee has been agreed in principle and Lech have really stuck another 20% on the asking price, we tell them where to go. We offered £3m, they wanted £4m. We relented and met their price, now they want £5m. Tell them to jog on and get Murphy instead. 

These types of thing can only be assessed in the moment. I got taken to task for adamantly insisting we should buy Watkins. Had I known Exeter had nigh on tripled the asking price simply because Derby came knocking, I'd have had a very different attitude. We simply cannot allow clubs to hold us to ransom. We allocate a budget for a player that is considered and reasonable, we make our approach, if it's not enough we simply move on to the next of the 1,000 players we've scouted. We're only just now dropping the image of a club who are a soft touch in the transfer market and we should not be risking a return to the bad old days over Jozwiak. 

Actually agree with this...the problem is and I'm sure everyone's done it but when the price goes up for something you really want and could've got cheaper there is the tempatation to walk away and sometimes you do sometimes you don't but as fans its dissapointing as we've already created a player in our heads thats going to be amazing! the money is neither here nor there for us....what is dissapointing is that previously we payed 4.5m for someone like Anya who was the biggest waste of money ever!!

The reality is Jozwiak could be bang average and the fact they've already upped it by 1m which we apparently met and now another 1m feels a bit out of order to me but again the reality is stay with it and come to a compromise, pay the extra 1m or walk away....its not our money and easy to say just pay the extra 1m......from Cocu's point of view it must seem like pulling teeth getting a player in....i don't know who conducts our negotiating from an outsider/fan it seems like we are not particuarly good at it...i might be wrong of course

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DCFC1976 said:

Stick a promotion clause in there, give them some extra dollar if we go up?!

No, duck em.  They accepted a bid, that bid stands or we find someone else.  The only way to handle this kind of money squeeze attempt.

6 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

However, there are obviously no guarantees that Jowziak will be anywhere near as much of a success as Watkins was. 

And there was no guarantee that Watkins would be as much of a success as Watkins has been. We walked away from paying £6.5m for Garry McSheffrey in 2009, that one hasn't come back to bite us. And a couple from that time - Rob Earnshaw, Claude Davis - certainly did. Players are worth what both clubs are prepred to put on the contract - the rest is in the hand of the Gods.

I certainly don't blame Poznan for putting the squeeze on the price, we've left it late enough to find ourselves rather boxed in on this one.

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Actually agree with this...the problem is and I'm sure everyone's done it but when the price goes up for something you really want and could've got cheaper there is the tempatation to walk away and sometimes you do sometimes you don't but as fans its dissapointing as we've already created a player in our heads thats going to be amazing! the money is neither here nor there for us....what is dissapointing is that previously we payed 4.5m for someone like Anya who was the biggest waste of money ever!!

The reality is Jozwiak could be bang average and the fact they've already upped it by 1m which we apparently met and now another 1m feels a bit out of order to me but again the reality is stay with it and come to a compromise, pay the extra 1m or walk away....its not our money and easy to say just pay the extra 1m......from Cocu's point of view it must seem like pulling teeth getting a player in....i don't know who conducts our negotiating from an outsider/fan it seems like we are not particuarly good at it...i might be wrong of course

Agree it's disappointing for us fans but you yourself have mentioned Anya and if any group of fans should be aware of the pitfalls of buying players at a premium, it's us lot. If we crumble on this deal it just creates a rod for our own backs IMO. I'd not be having it personally but then I'm not footing the bill. As it is, having initially offered £3 million, we're now being asked to pay a total of £6 million, which is double what Newcastle are asking for Murphy. Grandsir, who also looks a promising player is apparently available for £3 million too. 

Lech would have it that their actions are fair, that Galatasaray, Werder Bremen, Southampton et al want him too. Let's see if they are prepared to pay £6 million then. They can all afford that out of their pocket change compared to poor old FFP stricken Derby.

30 minutes ago, richinspain said:

You're absolutely right, but if we do pay the extra million and he's another Zoon or Cámara then they'll get the same stick. We really do have to trust the people making the decisions. Pay or move on, they will be best placed to know.

Agreed I was just making the point that with Zoon for example a extra million on top would have been neither here nor there as if we had stuck a decimal place infront of his transfer fee that would have been more reflective - we weren't even in the same ball park with our valuation in relation to his abilities - we should have paid hundreds of thousands for him not millions.

38 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If we're being asked to pay double the original agreed fee then yes time to walk away but an extra million on a £3 million price tag? Can we really differentiate or place or absolute metric on a player's worth by that fine a margin?

It's not an extra million though. A fee of £3m rose to £4m which we eventually agree to pay, with a further £1m to be paid the following year. That upfront figure has now leapt up another 20%. So in total, we are now facing paying double our initial offer. That's not a fine margin. 

And yes we can apply a metric and very simple one at that. What do we think the player is worth and can we afford that cost? It's a lot simpler than some seem to think. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

You’re right .. but wouldn’t it be just great if he turned out to be that dream winger who gets 10-12 a season and provides another 20 .. ? I am a dreamer and I know we don’t play 442 .... but one of the most joyful parts of football is a truely great wide man who can beat a man with twinkling feet,  cut in OR go the byeline with equal ease, interact/pair up with his own full back and knows how and when to shoot. 

Do you think Rooney could have a chat with Ryan giggs ?

More of a rowett signing though I guess.

According to the DET, personal terms were all agreed, Rams wanted to pay 4m euros with add ons and they want 5m euros with add ons. I have a gut feeling on this one. We missed out on Watkins because Rowett stated it was too much and he's just gone to Villa for £28m. This Kamil Jozwiak is improving so much that he will be a regular in the national side, that alone will add value to him. He is only 22, Derby should stick with the offer they made (Lech Poznan are cash strapped) they will eventually take it, providing there is no other club interested. It might take until next week before the deal is done, but lets not press the panic button, the transfer window is not due to close yet.

5 minutes ago, samtheram83 said:

Do you think Rooney could have a chat with Ryan giggs ?

More of a rowett signing though I guess.

Brilliant post mate ??.
Weirdly Gordon Hill springs to mind. He had rough luck with injuries at Derby, but he had it. Could cross, beat a man so easily, knew how to double up with his full back. He scored between 10 and 20 a season for United. Did ok for us but was forever getting crocked. A favourite player of my youth. A fancy Dan perhaps, but still “king of all cockneys“ for me

Visits to The Philippines spring to mind.  There was no way of inducing the idea that i am not a rich man, for the simple reason that i am a westerner.  An aunt of a friend suggested i use the magic sentence to rid me of the rich label, i am on a budget.  We have so much to spend, we do not have more, we want this at this price or we cannot purchase it.  Worked like a charm, i suggest it.

47 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It's not an extra million though. A fee of £3m rose to £4m which we eventually agree to pay, with a further £1m to be paid the following year. That upfront figure has now leapt up another 20%. So in total, we are now facing paying double our initial offer. That's not a fine margin. 

And yes we can apply a metric and very simple one at that. What do we think the player is worth and can we afford that cost? It's a lot simpler than some seem to think. 

How do you know these figures? 

Archived