v Northampton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

7 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Think its a bit too early for all 3 of Sibley Bird and Knight, even against League 2

I'm going to defy basic maths by saying I 200% disagree.

Knight has looked like a really good Championship player. Bird has held his own too. And Sibley is bossing it at the younger level.

I think you have to look at their ability and not their age.

Quite honestly I wish he'd played a couple more youngsters.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bob The Badger said:

I'm going to deft basic maths by saying I 200% disagree.

Knight has looked like a really good Championship player. Bird has held his own too. And Sibley is bossing it at the younger level.

Quite honestly I wish he'd played a couple more 

Me too, tricky, very physical cup tie away played at 200%. This is exactly the game they should be thrown into. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep, to the detriment of all, with all the other changes too - difficult to get play going everyone is still saying hello to each other!

I'd have gone for Bird and Knight, maybe not Sibley as well. And you're right, they all just look so unfamiliar with each other

Not the best of games, they are playong to their strengths and we are just about coping. Disappointingly though we're not playing to our strengths. Barely played a balled into Martins feet, Sibley not in the game & Knight needs to make decisions quicker. Bird needs to stay back so its not 2 on 2 all the time.

Looks like the ideal game for Shinnie to get some minutes!

Dont even know what to say about the refs decision on Marriott, seriously how has that not been seen? I hope he is made aware at half time how poor of a decision it was.

Cmon you Rams, show your quality & we can win this much more comfortably than we are making it.

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Think he’s been shocking quite honestly, if that’s his attempt to win his place back he may as well consign himself to the bench 

Sad thing is he’s been no worse than quite a few 

really was a poor first half team display that 

I'm actually being sarcastic, but lets be honest no one has done much including Mr Rooney (sorry for saying that sir Wayne) 

Don’t worry lads, Northampton are a couple of divisions above us so we’re always gonna struggle.... oh... wait.

Poor half by us that. We’re playing to Northampton’s strengths rather than playing our own football, owing to a defence who really can’t play football. I’d be tempted to haul Forsyth off he’s been that bad, really can’t play him at centre half. We really need to get the ball on the deck and play our own game. On the occasions we have done and got the ball out to Knight we’ve looked threatening. Need to calm down and stop just aimlessly launching it. They seem to overloading the middle of the park to stop Rooney, so we need to utilise the wide areas a lot more to have any chance. 

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Would rather he concentrated on football

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Not saying he shouldnt be trying youth in games like this, just saying its not working currently (not all on them 3 i know). Hopefully they come out second half and smash a few goals in to shut me up.

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Desperate for Holmes this game, someone who can run with the ball.....

Im a great defender of referees, but how he’s missed that howler I can’t fathom.....

Shouldn't his assistant team be helping him out? 

One missing it I can understand, but the assistant and the fourth official too?

Archived