EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

We can still blame the recruitment staff for the lasting damage they have done though, not as simple as blame person X or Y really, but I'm not happy with what a shambles we have become and that comes down mainly to the responsibility of one man

Bloody Richard keogh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheating, if proven / found guilty is cheating whichever way you look at it. I follow the rugby too and Saracens were heavily fined and big points deduction but probably not enough to relegate them considering the quality of their squad. 

Personally believe cheats should not only not prosper but should be severely punished. Birmingham should be relegated at the end of the season as should any others found guilty. Including Villa if they are relegated at the end of the season straight down to League 1. Bournemouth too if they come down. If that means more than three clubs are relegated from the Championship then so be it. 

Why should a club such as Bristol City sell their best players to stay within the Rules whilst others cheat? 

30 minutes ago, PhilGeeWasMyIdol said:

I'm trying to think positively. 1. We don't have a deduction yet, QPR avoided it, so there is precedent that a charge does not automatically equal a deduction.

2. If we do get a deduction 9 points was Birmingham's, so it's reasonable to expect that sort of level. We are 10 points off relegation and I would expect us to finish above bottom 3. 

We are unlikely to get to top 6 without the deduction and had it come last season it would have ruined a very enjoyable ride and might have meant Leeds went up. 

If it comes, then we draw a line under the season and move on. 

Let's not forget Knight, Sibley and the rest will be more experienced and improved by the start of next season. 

Tough year though, my lads are young and just getting into it, it might be hard work. COYR.

Good positive thinking, worst case scenario... we get relegated, Forest and Leeds go up

4 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Cheating, if proven / found guilty is cheating whichever way you look at it. I follow the rugby too and Saracens were heavily fined and big points deduction but probably not enough to relegate them considering the quality of their squad. 

Personally believe cheats should not only not prosper but should be severely punished. Birmingham should be relegated at the end of the season as should any others found guilty. Including Villa if they are relegated at the end of the season straight down to League 1. Bournemouth too if they come down. If that means more than three clubs are relegated from the Championship then so be it. 

Why should a club such as Bristol City sell their best players to stay within the Rules whilst others cheat? 

Fair comment.

5 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Thanks for that but we will ultimately see won’t we - tootle off now 

Quote: Derby said in a statement in September that they “adhered to the profit and sustainability rules” over the sale of Pride Park. “The stadium was subject to an independent professional valuation before sale, nearly 18 months ago, and the EFL indicated in writing that the arrangement was in accordance with its rules and regulations,” the club said. “The EFL cannot now, long after approving the arrangements, suggest Derby County breached the rules.”

If this is true, it validates my previous points.

40 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Oh well, that makes it ok then 

I dare say most fans from most clubs would want it as well but you dont see other owners making a mess of it

Dont see how the owner is to blame for this. But im sure most will continue to blame mel for trying to pump his own personal wealth into our club and make it a success. What a terrible man he is..... didnt see many moaning a few years back when we were spending.trouble is on here there is a fair few that couldnt run a ducking bath let alone a football club with a company over it that wont let you spend your money.but i guess rules are rules unless you are QPR,fester, villa, cardiff to name a few.

8 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

We haven't been found guilty, off you pop back to the Bristol forum now.

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Quote: Derby said in a statement in September that they “adhered to the profit and sustainability rules” over the sale of Pride Park. “The stadium was subject to an independent professional valuation before sale, nearly 18 months ago, and the EFL indicated in writing that the arrangement was in accordance with its rules and regulations,” the club said. “The EFL cannot now, long after approving the arrangements, suggest Derby County breached the rules.”

If this is true, it validates my previous points.

Source?

Archived