FA Cup Fourth Round Draw - 06/01 7.35pm

Sean

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with this as live in Northampton... watched them a few times this season and i actually think it will be a very difficult game. Its the sort of game where if you play the kids you could be in trouble, they are a big side and really direct ... massive threat from set pieces and at home on a smaller pitch wont be much space for the better players.

Will be really interesting

4 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Big pay day for Northampton

Not really.  My Cobblers supporting friend was hoping for one of the big four away from home.

and will it really be live on TV ??   Unlikely but maybe the Rooney factor will come into play !!

12 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Yet another away cup tie. Must be close to a record I would think. 

6 in a row as it stands.

12 hours ago, cannable said:

We’ve had ONE home cup draw from the last seventeen. SEVENTEEN.

2 in the last 16, by my count. Unless I'm missing some on the little table I've created to keep track - being as exciting as I am. Are you counting the away replays from the Southampton and Leicester ties?

image.png.ea80c17394c7cb9467bce9c674a386d3.png

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

6 in a row as it stands.

2 in the last 16, by my count. Unless I'm missing some on the little table I've created to keep track - being as exciting as I am. Are you counting the away replays from the Southampton and Leicester ties?

image.png.ea80c17394c7cb9467bce9c674a386d3.png

He corrected himself to say 1 in 14 a page or so later. It's a remarkable record especially after you include the replays though!

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He corrected himself to say 1 in 14 a page or so later. It's a remarkable record especially after you include the replays though!

Barnsley's "CUP" frustrated you but not "Scunthrope"? haha

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So when did we last draw lower placed opposition at home ?

Also interesting fact on cup game runs - in 6.5 years Ozil has never played north of London in a cup game (talk sport)

4 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Also interesting fact on cup game runs - in 6.5 years Ozil has never played north of London in a cup game (talk sport)

At home to Carlisle, 23/8/16 

We won 14-13 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You either have far too much time on your hands or your boss doesn't care about productivity.

Well, I'd argue neither of those things are true ? Two things:

That took me 3 minutes; and I'm waiting for fellow attendees of a meeting.  

14 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I also went, think it was one of  Clements first game as Derby boss. 1-1, as well, went to the pub at the top of the hill, think it was a weather spoons pub, enjoyed the day out as I went on the train. And had quite a few beers that day as well. 

I also went to this pre season friendly, after about 70 minutes Conor Sammon made an appearance, a chant went up that if Sammon scored we’d be on the pitch, the stewards finished their tea and never moved from the snack hut!

...............................reckon he must have played there before.

5 hours ago, Dethorn said:

Arsenal fans think he hasn’t played much in London either 

Archived