FA Cup Fourth Round Draw - 06/01 7.35pm

Sean

43 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I did warn you!

you would have loved football how it used to be. MOTD on a Saturday, Star Soccer for the midlanders on a Sunday, George Berry, Laurie Cunningham, the FA cup final, Wembley way, players on the coach, young boys with foil FA cups, jumpers for goalposts, marvellous. 

hqdefault.jpg

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ticket prices for Northampton fans (on the day price in brackets)... I imagine ours will be the same.

Adult £22 (£24)
Senior £18 (£20)
Under 21s £18 (not available on a matchday)
Under 18s £10 (£12)
Under 7s FREE

We'll undoubtedly sell out, but seems a bit steep for a League 2 side.

They have to make as much money as possible so i think the prices are very reasonable. 

51 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I did warn you!

you would have loved football how it used to be. MOTD on a Saturday, Star Soccer for the midlanders on a Sunday, George Berry, Laurie Cunningham, the FA cup final, Wembley way, players on the coach, young boys with foil FA cups, jumpers for goalposts, marvellous. 

you missed out the occasional Sportsnight With Coleman on a Wednesday and any midweek European match highlights would be delivered to the bbc in time for Saturdays Grandstand football segment.

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

you missed out the occasional Sportsnight With Coleman on a Wednesday and any midweek European match highlights would be delivered to the bbc in time for Saturdays Grandstand football segment.

Waiting at the newsagents at 6PM on a Saturday night to get the DET Green'un with all the scores and match reports in

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ticket prices for Northampton fans (on the day price in brackets)... I imagine ours will be the same.

Adult £22 (£24)
Senior £18 (£20)
Under 21s £18 (not available on a matchday)
Under 18s £10 (£12)
Under 7s FREE

We'll undoubtedly sell out, but seems a bit steep for a League 2 side.

They’re milking the ‘rarity’ value of this seeing as we haven’t played em since ‘67 .

Memo to all ticket holders, don’t dispose of your ticket stub...trust me you’ll make a few quid.......

in approximately 50 years time 

6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Waiting at the newsagents at 6PM on a Saturday night to get the DET Green'un with all the scores and match reports in

We had The Football Pink in the north west around Manchester. Was a great read with the ‘Central League’ tables and all the info about every club in the area 

14 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

They have to make as much money as possible so i think the prices are very reasonable. 

The recommended ticket prices for 4th round ties (set by the FA) is just £15.
Considering they usually average around 5k and have only ever sold out once before (Man Utd), you'd think they'd set reasonable prices to attract as many of their fans in as possible - especially with it being on TV on a Friday evening.

43 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Saturday grandstand, fish and chips before the game, dandelion and burdock, corona, 10p off the bottle, billy Hughes flicks in the garden, cricket stumps for goalposts, young boys in tight shorts, isn’t it though, marvellous...

53 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Used to pick up the green un hot off the press outside Derby station and read it on the train home. It was far too thin for a Millwall brick though...?

52 minutes ago, SKRam said:

We had The Football Pink in the north west around Manchester. Was a great read with the ‘Central League’ tables and all the info about every club in the area 

Often enjoyed a pink un on Crewe station after an away match......?

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I miss the man putting the half time scores up on the board. Match A 0-0, Match B 3-0, check of the programme, Everton again, Bob Latchford probably, muddy pitches, orange ball in the snow, young boys passed to the front, there you go laddie, moving the dog poo off the pitch before you play, young boys, jumpers for goalposts, marvellous

Yes I remember those days, My Dad would be pushing my Grandad in his wheel chair, I was sat on Grandads lap as we were walking down Dairy House Road, Then Dad would be trotting at a fare go until the junction of Cambridge Street all down hill, Where Dad would stop and i'd fall off Grandads lap, They both did laugh when I picked myself up out of the gutter, Grandad would reach in his pocket and give me a stick of chewing wood to last till half time, Pretty sure it was just a stick as it never really tasted of owt, Reaching the Baseball ground a steward would push Grandad into the ground and Dad would put me on his shoulders, Then forget to take me off them as he would go through the turnstiles with me still there, A bash on my head from the wall above and a smile from Dad saying oops sorry son.

Getting into the ground i'd be ushered to the front to stand on a box he'd made from scrap wood from bonfire night, Most times i'd fall through it as most of the wood was burnt, I can see my Dad now laughing with his mates pointing at me trying to fix the box, Halt Time would come and the man with the numbers for the score board would pass us, Liverpool 9, 9 I said wow that's some score, Then he'd realised he put the 6 the wrong way up, Eating black Jacks at HT then sticking my tongue out to see what colour it was, I could never see my tongue so never new what colour it was, It was fun trying though.

2nd half it was lashing it down, The mud from the pitch would splatter into my face from the linesman running up and down, I'd look for my Dad who'd be standing under the Ley Stand nice and dry pointing at me with thumbs up shouting ARE YOU OK?, I'd nod and show him my tongue and he'd laugh, We'd lost again but never mind Dad would say as we'd go to the chippy soon, In the queue we'd wait our turn then asked what we'd like, I'd always have chips n a sausage in batter, Dad would have Fich n chips, We'd catch the bus home and be met by my Mum at the doorstep, Her arms folded she'd say "where's his Grandad" Dad would look and say "oh no i've left him again" but he'd laugh to himself allways forgetfull was Dad

Ah yes Jumpers for Goalposts... the best days.

3 minutes ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

Yes I remember those days, My Dad would be pushing my Grandad in his wheel chair, I was sat on Grandads lap as we were walking down Dairy House Road, Then Dad would be trotting at a fare go until the junction of Cambridge Street all down hill, Where Dad would stop and i'd fall off Grandads lap, They both did laugh when I picked myself up out of the gutter, Grandad would reach in his pocket and give me a stick of chewing wood to last till half time, Pretty sure it was just a stick as it never really tasted of owt, Reaching the Baseball ground a steward would push Grandad into the ground and Dad would put me on his shoulders, Then forget to take me off them as he would go through the turnstiles with me still there, A bash on my head from the wall above and a smile from Dad saying oops sorry son.

Getting into the ground i'd be ushered to the front to stand on a box he'd made from scrap wood from bonfire night, Most times i'd fall through it as most of the wood was burnt, I can see my Dad now laughing with his mates pointing at me trying to fix the box, Halt Time would come and the man with the numbers for the score board would pass us, Liverpool 9, 9 I said wow that's some score, Then he'd realised he put the 6 the wrong way up, Eating black Jacks at HT then sticking my tongue out to see what colour it was, I could never see my tongue so never new what colour it was, It was fun trying though.

2nd half it was lashing it down, The mud from the pitch would splatter into my face from the linesman running up and down, I'd look for my Dad who'd be standing under the Ley Stand nice and dry pointing at me with thumbs up shouting ARE YOU OK?, I'd nod and show him my tongue and he'd laugh, We'd lost again but never mind Dad would say as we'd go to the chippy soon, In the queue we'd wait our turn then asked what we'd like, I'd always have chips n a sausage in batter, Dad would have Fich n chips, We'd catch the bus home and be met by my Mum at the doorstep, Her arms folded she'd say "where's his Grandad" Dad would look and say "oh no i've left him again" but he'd laugh to himself allways forgetfull was Dad

Ah yes Jumpers for Goalposts... the best days.

Tell that to kids today though and they don’t believe you.

23 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Apparently Northampton Saints Rugby Union are at home that night as well (also on BT Sports) and it's it's only half a mile between the two grounds. The locals are expecting terrible traffic problems

Rugger that, I’ll watch it at home

Archived