Any recommendations for new goalkeeper

Oldben

9 hours ago, Mazzaram said:

Am I the only one who thinks Hamer is doing a reasonable job for us?

No you're not. Unfortunately a lot of folk on here appear to believe that no other keepers in the division make howlers and are quite happy to slate him for a mistake that ultimately cost us nothing, than give credit for his work in the previous game which secured us two points more than we might have had.

Go figure...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, rynny said:

Sounds like Carson when he first signed. He conceded quite a few from range, the worst being Birmingham away. 

Couple of pea-rollers against hull in the 2016 playoffs come to mind.

He had one very good season for us but seemed to be deteriorating badly when he was dropped. 

Any keeper is a gamble tho.....weren't we linked in the summer with the Croatian lad Sluga who went to Luton and has now been dropped for being generally poo?

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Which two goals are you referring to? Thought I'd take a look on YouTube. 

Off the top of my head I can’t remember but I remember seeing the highlights and thinking he should be doing better. I also remember one of the Derby commentators on twitter saying as much too. Sorry I can’t be any more use! 

On 04/01/2020 at 01:47, Tamworthram said:

I'm with you. He's no Gordon Banks or Peter Shelton but, for me, replacing Homer is not a priority. 

You must mean Shilton, he would have a (Shelton) lock on the position ?

Jordan Archer available after leaving Oxford following end of a short term deal. 

Millwall's number one prior to leaving in the summer. Brought in as cover for Oxford's number 1 whilst injured. Was only ever going to be a short term deal. 

Just now, 'Rambe33 said:

Has Carson got another year after his loan? Problem solved if so. Make do with Hamer for this season and then bring back the keeper we sang to be "sitting on a plane next to Kane" not so long ago... 

Nope, running out of contract after this season.

Hamer is doing okay for us at the moment. In terms of distribution he's better than Roos and nearly as good as Carson was, he's got the long ball to our full backs dialed in. He's just gotta get rid of the little mistakes and learn to hold onto the ball.

We have more urgent positions needing filling in my opinion (new long term CB, wingers)

Archived