Any recommendations for new goalkeeper

Oldben

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Antonedcfc said:

Realistically.... I like the Ipswich keeper whos on loan at millwall. Im not even going to attempt to spell his name tho ?.

Its John Smith.....

53 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Hart ££££

I’d go with this. He’s got something to prove and still at a good age. I think he was thrown under the bus by Guardiola personally. It’s whether or not he would drop down. Where is he even at now? Burnley?

Roos has his obvious drawbacks in terms of commanding the box but to say Hamer has been good since he came in ignored the fact that in his first few games he got nowhere near 2 goals from outside the area... he also let the ball slip out into a dangerous area against Barnsley for their goal. 

it’s certainly an area we need to improve if we have ambitions of pushing for promotion. 

2 hours ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Genuine question - what was so bad about Carson? I’d have him back in a second.

was it just wages off the books for us and a big payday for him?

Carson last year made more errors to concede goals than Roos and Hamer have put together this year. People just seem to conveniently forget all about then when asking for him back. Add the fact that he couldn't distribute, and it's a problem. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Roos has his obvious drawbacks in terms of commanding the box but to say Hamer has been good since he came in ignored the fact that in his first few games he got nowhere near 2 goals from outside the area... he also let the ball slip out into a dangerous area against Barnsley for their goal. 

it’s certainly an area we need to improve if we have ambitions of pushing for promotion. 

Which two goals are you referring to? Thought I'd take a look on YouTube. 

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

Do you have any recommendations for a new goalkeeper?

Somebody who is definitely better than what we have ! - the only 2 I have seen would be Johnstone at WBA and the Middlesbrough keeper Randolph and we are not going to sign any of those two in this league 

4 hours ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Genuine question - what was so bad about Carson? I’d have him back in a second.

was it just wages off the books for us and a big payday for him?

Carson was playing very poorly when he was dropped but apart from that he would have been on a very good wage and he is possibly on an even better one currently 

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Sounds like Carson when he first signed. He conceded quite a few from range, the worst being Birmingham away. 

Archived