Any recommendations for new goalkeeper

Oldben

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Mazzaram said:

Am I the only one who thinks Hamer is doing a reasonable job for us?

For me he is better than Roos but still struggles to hold on to the ball.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Reasonable shot stopper, but struggles to hold on to the ball at times. Also very slow at distributing the ball and chooses to go long too often. 

Agreed, he has fumbled the ball on a couple of occasions. You could argue that on at least one of those, the defenders weren't quick enough to react. On the second point, I think we are deliberately trying to transition to quicker counter attacks, so going more direct is perhaps a new strategy. I would sooner have that  than the alternative. Passes sideways along the back four, then eventually back to the keeper and kicked into touch. He is definitely a bit more commanding in his area. I think he is worth hanging onto.

1 minute ago, Mazzaram said:

Agreed, he has fumbled the ball on a couple of occasions. You could argue that on at least one of those, the defenders weren't quick enough to react. On the second point, I think we are deliberately trying to transition to quicker counter attacks, so going more direct is perhaps a new strategy. I would sooner have that  than the alternative. Passes sideways along the back four, then eventually back to the keeper and kicked into touch. He is definitely a bit more commanding in his area. I think he is worth hanging onto.

Quicker counter attacks by holding onto the ball for half an hour? ?

Sith Happens
27 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Genuine question - what was so bad about Carson? I’d have him back in a second.

was it just wages off the books for us and a big payday for him?

Had Injury problems, plus some rumour he had his house broken into which is a major personal issue for anyone if true.

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Quicker counter attacks by holding onto the ball for half an hour? ?

Bit of an exaggeration. Constant shouts of 'Gerrit forward' when every forward player is still trying to get into position doesn't help. On what I have seen this season (I have been to nearly all games) he is a vast improvement on Roos.

59 minutes ago, Mazzaram said:

Am I the only one who thinks Hamer is doing a reasonable job for us?

No, I think hes doing fine and is your average Championship goalkeeper.

Unfortunately, a lot of our fans make up their minds about a player before they have even seen them play.

It's why players like Abdoul Camara end up with their own chants but steady solid professionals dont.

Archived