v Crystal Palace (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

Cracking performance & win, 9 changes and we still looked solid. 

Sibley outstanding, another 90mins for Rooney, minutes in the bank for Huddlestone too, all positives too. Clarke & Marriott also got a good rest too ready for Boro next week.

If there was any negative for me it would be thay Whittaker didnt really do anything again, needs a loan in my opinion like Lowe got last year.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly never expected that.  Get in!  Rooney different class.  Passing and vision aside, he spent the whole game directing proceedings.  He probably curses internally when his passes don't end in goals due to the drop in class he's perhaps used to but this is really looking like a corner turned.  A couple of decent Jan signings and who knows. 

The first 45 was excellent, we were pretty much in complete control of the game, Huddlestone and Rooney pulled all the strings. The goal was a brilliant cross from Bogle well turned in by Martin. Second half was much tougher, Palace came out the tunnel more up for it, but didn't really create any clear cut opportunities, as soon as they got a red card we then reverted to being back in control of the game. Waggy desperately unlucky to hit the inside of the post. 

We seem to have turned over a new leaf, our players now have a bit of confidence in their play and the ball is sticking much better. No major mistakes at the back, and we look significantly better in possession now. Cocu's ideas are now starting to click with the players. Excellent win to cap off a great 3 fixtures. 

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

what was said?

Dawes moaning about Roos 'fisting away' twice when we are under pressure (in his typical obnoxious way), Steele saying how it was a good decision and didn't lead to a goal. Later said you stick to refereeing and I'll stick to goalkeeping. 

All said in a friendly way, but notice how Dawes doesn't push it with Steele unlike how he does with Ramage. 

2 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

There’s always next year.

2 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Not the side I expected, I guess cocu doesn’t fancy a cup run. 

2 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Ffs

2 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Yep, terrible team selection.

Just going to leave this here.

Archived