The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the baby, wedding thing, certainly seems to have worked in distracting people away from scrutinizing what the government are getting up to.

No talk about the commencement of the trade negotiations with the EU.

No talk about how the government have dragged it's feet and have only now started holding meetings on how they intend to combat a possible crisis regarding the coronavirus.

No talk about the government's handling of the widespread flooding and the ensuing hardship to many communities.

Finally the claim that a senior cabinet minister is bullying their staff . Glibly dismissed by a government spokesman as rubbish. If the claim of bullying was against anyone outside of the government, there'd soon be a call for an enquiry.

7 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Well the baby, wedding thing, certainly seems to have worked in distracting people away from scrutinizing what the government are getting up to.

No talk about how the government have dragged it's feet and have only now started holding meetings on how they intend to combat a possible crisis regarding the coronavirus.

No talk about the government's handling of the widespread flooding and the ensuing hardship to many communities.

Finally the claim that a senior cabinet minister is bullying their staff . Glibly dismissed by a government spokesman as rubbish. If the claim of bullying was against anyone outside of the government, there'd soon be a call for an enquiry.

You've been talking to the wrong people. I've seen & heard plenty about all of those in the last few days.

The sooner that smug face of Priti Patel is gone, the better.

44 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Possibly the most stupid post ever on here. 

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Jeremy Corbyn walks into No 10 Downing Street...

3 hours ago, TramRam said:

Corbyn walks into his local Butchers and asks...do you sell the rear end of a Pig? we do Mr Corbyn said the Butcher, Could I have 8 slices then please, The Butcher comes back and says...here you go My Corbyn your 8 slices of Ham Ass.

I reckon a 6.5 for @G STAR RAM and a 7 for @TramRam.

Not bad efforts lads ?

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

I couldn’t really care much less about the baby story.

What do you want them to say about the trade negotiation? “By the way folks, we’ve started trade talks”

Do you know what’s been going on in the background about the Coronavirus? It could be there has already been planning but they didn’t want to panic everybody.

The flooding is a tricky one and I feel for everyone affected.

Also agree about the alleged bullying. The problem is that there is no route for such civil servants to raise a grievance (or so I believe). I suspect the government’s response, and the resulting public reaction, would have been the same no matter which party was in power.

Anyway, back to serious matters.

Priti needs a good news story and to unite the country behind her brilliance. Whilst ensuring sh retains Boris's patronage. 

So when does the home office start punting round the notion of a special bank holiday to cover "Borries" nuptials?

First in 250 years which should be the kind of grand historical event beloved of the section of the population still wistfully remembering Empire, global pre-eminence and costumed flummery.....?

3 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Is there? Show me - I'm willing to hold my hands up and admit you got me if you have the evidence

Of course there's no evidence. You have every comment chain you don't like deleted by the moderators.

41 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Ah - fair enough. It was @Norman and @G STAR RAM chimes in to vouch for the existence of such a post.

I apologise for lumping you in with them. I wouldn't want to be associated with them either ?

It was multiple posts. I remember you telling me that I didn't know what working class people were like. It followed @ariotofmyown making the claim that red tops didn't really give an accurate version of working class people.

But I assume you are a Labour activist who comments on Twitter about politics all the time, so your memory is blurry. 

Archived