The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What has that to do with the behaviour of the minister of the crown? Are they fair game if they are not impartial? Is there not a procedure for disciplinary measures for those not doing their jobs?

Ah well, it appears that our Priti is the victim of "dark forces".

She won't like that.

She thought they were all excluded from the country now that we've taken back control.....?

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

There is so much more to it than that. They advise, for example. They advise of legality of ministerial actions, on how to behave towards (eg foreign heads of state, on a whole range of things.

The Civil Service is not just a bunch of penpushers.

But it's all Boris' fault. 

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Glad a certain poster thinks posts about an 8 year old being sexually assaulted are appropriate for laughing emojis. 

Just in  case anyone looks for them, it appears they have realised how embarrassing it is and had changed them to angry emojis now.

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just in  case anyone looks for them, it appears they have realised how embarrassing it is and had changed them to angry emojis now.

Why not just call me out by name mate? If you really believe it's the subject matter not your posts I find risible, why not simply say as much?

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thinking back to this, what are the two wrongs? Only one person was arrested.

Tommy was arrested. Sounds like you're arguing that touching an 8 year old isn't wrong, but I think you've tied yourself in knots here.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Thinking back to this, what are the two wrongs? Only one person was arrested.

Well we should always believe victims of sexual assault as a starting point, so there are two alleged crimes. Both being investigated.

If the police have interviewed everyone and found enough evidence to arrest the other guy too - then let the legal system take it's course.

That ridiculously over-acted TR BAFTA video seems to be predicated on the fact that he believes he has done nothing wrong. Thinks he is within his rights to give the guy a bloody nose whilst "restraining him"? Afraid not. He's actually sabotaged himself by punching the guy. So many better ways he could have dealt with it, but none of them would have been quite so dramatic on his news channel.

The police have handled that whole situation very badly, you either arrest both or you ask both to be interviewed to investigate the whole incident,

I would ask those who let their bias on Robinson cloud their judgement on this incident to look at their reaction to the recent posts regards the priti Patel bullying allegation in which its alleged that the victim who considered suicide ? Had apparently according to a post on here made the same allegation against someone last year with the same suicide connection,, do you see that and dismiss with no compassion or empathy or do you treat the incident s separately and give this one the full seriousness of investigation required?

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Tommy was arrested. Sounds like you're arguing that touching an 8 year old isn't wrong, but I think you've tied yourself in knots here.

Yep you've really got me up against the ropes here.

Man allegedly sexually assaults girl, not arrested because more investigation required.

Man allegedly assaults another man for sexually assaulting his daughter and is arrested on the spot, no further investigation required prior to this arrest.

Not sure why you find it hard to understand, unless you're being deliberately obtuse of course...

4 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Well we should always believe victims of sexual assault as a starting point, so there are two alleged crimes. Both being investigated.

If the police have interviewed everyone and found enough evidence to arrest the other guy too - then let the legal system take it's course.

That ridiculously over-acted TR BAFTA video seems to be predicated on the fact that he believes he has done nothing wrong. Thinks he is within his rights to give the guy a bloody nose whilst "restraining him"? Afraid not. He's actually sabotaged himself by punching the guy. So many better ways he could have dealt with it, but none of them would have been quite so dramatic on his news channel.

I thought citizens arrests were legal?

I will ask once again, where have you got your evidence that he punched him?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yep you've really got me up against the ropes here.

Man allegedly sexually assaults girl, not arrested because more investigation required.

Man allegedly assaults another man for sexually assaulting his daughter and is arrested on the spot, no further investigation required prior to this arrest.

Not sure why you find it hard to understand, unless you're being deliberately obtuse of course...

I'll let some other kind person explain to you. I'm sure you see it, just would rather crusade for Are Tommeh, known violent offender yet again arrested for violence offense.

3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Steve I don’t always disagree with you as some do because I often see value in your views but there’s a bit here where I believe you miss the value of empathy and the fact that’s it’s not just selective , it’s easy to empathise with certain types and victims ,now tr is not middle class ,not highly educated and as pointed out often his own worst enemy,,, as such probably not blessed with the tools to handle such a situation and possibly lots of other situations and subjects people from different backgrounds with different personalities and life experiences might breeze through 

perhaps a bit of empathy might give you a better and broader view

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I thought citizens arrests were legal?

I will ask once again, where have you got your evidence that he punched him?

Citizens arrest is legal, but you can only use reasonable force.

He's been charged with common assault, admits that he gave the guy a bleeding nose, and most reports use the words "smacked" him in the face. Which suggests they are quoting witnesses

I don't need to provide evidence of what happened. The court will take care of deciding what happened

It's a shame that it appears to be the one bit that his crew didn't film eh? I for one am shocked

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'll let some other kind person explain to you. I'm sure you see it, just would rather crusade for Are Tommeh, known violent offender yet again arrested for violence offense.

Crusade for the person contemplating suicide because they have been bullied but known accuser accusing again ?

If we are going to be a fair and decent society we can’t really pick and chose who deserves to treated with decency and fairness and before accusations fly if Robinson is guilty after full investigation then he gets treated like anybody else

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Steve I don’t always disagree with you as some do because I often see value in your views but there’s a bit here where I believe you miss the value of empathy and the fact that’s it’s not just selective , it’s easy to empathise with certain types and victims ,now tr is not middle class ,not highly educated and as pointed out often his own worst enemy,,, as such probably not blessed with the tools to handle such a situation and possibly lots of other situations and subjects people from different backgrounds with different personalities and life experiences might breeze through 

perhaps a bit of empathy might give you a better and broader view

You are right of course - I actually watched the video and felt a lot of empathy for him when he was asking his daughter what happened. Just that it slowly dissipated as things just started to feel a little bit staged. The way he was grifting for support, using his kid as emotional bait was just a bit horrible to watch. Why does he think he needs to do that. Does he really think that no one supports a child victim of sexual assault? Then he finally dropped the big one and mentioned that the guy was asian...did he really need to do that?

So yeah - I have a lot of empathy for his daughter, and for him as a Dad. But very little sympathy for him in the way he is using it as a promotional opportunity for the cult of Tommy Robinson

9 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

It's not a crusade for Tommy Robinson, it's just wanting to see people treated equally and not discriminated against for standing up for what they believe is right (within the bounds of the law of course).

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Crusade for the person contemplating suicide because they have been bullied but known accuser accusing again ?

If we are going to be a fair and decent society we can’t really pick and chose who deserves to treated with decency and fairness and before accusations fly if Robinson is guilty after full investigation then he gets treated like anybody else

I don't know all the details. With all the information in the public domain, and Tommeh's own account of it, there's reasonable grounds to arrest him for his part in this. I don't know enough about what happened before that and I would clearly support it being investigated. If there's reasonable evidence of what happened, rather than just hearsay, I would expect a second arrest to have been made. We don't know enough to say whether or not it was a clear enough case to warrant any involvement from the police. But we know enough about Tommeh's actions - from his own words - so he can't really complain. It's just people who seem to think he should be immune to consequence for his actions that are defending him.

Archived