The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

32 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

As for the mental health thing, of course I have empathy for anyone in that situation and I'm a bit disappointed that you might thing that I wouldn't. We've sparred on here a few times but I'm not a monster. 

Wasn't aimed at you mate. You always read what I write and give considered responses. Which I respect, even when we differ. There are a few on here who just disagree with me on principle, and rarely even bother think about what I've said, such is the pleasure they derive from trying to get one over on me. 

I'm now of course "playing the victim" card ?

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

Wasn't aimed at you mate. You always read what I write and give considered responses. Which I respect, even when we differ. There are a few on here who just disagree with me on principle, and rarely even bother think about what I've said, such is the pleasure they derive from trying to get one over on me. 

I'm now of course "playing the victim" card ?

Yeah but what you don't realise is that Johnson won. Any point you make is now invalid as the people have decided.

Just to recap...global financial meltdown...banks bailed out...paid for by poorer people through austerity...poor people demonised in press...austerity didn't work and little recovery or investment...eu to blame so referendum...foreigners demonised to win Brexit vote...tory party power battle leads to 3 years of nothing...Johnson lies his way to power and appoints worst cabinet ever...we all die of coronavirus and flooding.

9 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

There are a few on here who just disagree with me on principle, and rarely even bother think about what I've said, such is the pleasure they derive from trying to get one over on me. 

Thank goodness you're not the same as them hey...

I'm jealous how you read what 'the other side' are saying before delivering a well thought out and considered laughing emoji.

On 27/02/2020 at 14:39, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

What happens when the massed Commie hordes of the Red Army invade us now though?

Clearly I'll be OK but you lot might be in a bit of bother! ?

*no jokes about them already being here and living in Jezza's basement please! 

You mean Man U in the cup?

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Third civil servant now accusing Patel of bullying. In any other government she'd be gone or at least on the way out but in this bizzaro world we now live in she is apparently still fit to serve as home secretary. 

She at the very least needs to step aside whilst a proper investigation is conducted.

Who's the bully exactly? Because to those of us who aren't simply just anti this government, we see this clearly, for what it is. It's about time the swamp was drained in the civil service. Good luck to her. 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Third civil servant now accusing Patel of bullying. In any other government she'd be gone or at least on the way out but in this bizzaro world we now live in she is apparently still fit to serve as home secretary. 

She at the very least needs to step aside whilst a proper investigation is conducted.

Would be pretty decent going changing chancellor and home secretary within 3 months of an election. Well planned and thought out.

Just now, Uptherams said:

Who's the bully exactly? Because to those of us who aren't simply just anti this government, we see this clearly, for what it is. It's about time the swamp was drained in the civil service. Good luck to her. 

Please explain the crimes of this so-called swamp, especially during the last 10 years of Tory rule.

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Please explain the crimes of this so-called swamp, especially during the last 10 years of Tory rule.

I'm not interested in playing your silly games. We the voters are the governments boss and they are the boss of the civil service. They are there to be impartial and deliver what that government and it's ministers ask of it. That's it. Not to ignore, dither and delay. I hope more of them come forward and paint targets on their backs. Makes it easier to get rid of the ones who think they are in charge. 

11 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

So you're actually advocating for her methods? You think it's OK to bully people with clear mental health problems, to the point of suicide attempts. Because of some kind of vague notion of "draining a swamp" (aka removing anyone who does not do as you say)?

I've had bosses in the past who have tried to bully me in much the same way as people are describing Patel's methods. They do it because they are out of their depth, insecure and out of ideas. They lack the intellectual capacity to get their own way through other means.

If someone had tried to say that it was ME who was the problem, and that it was all my fault they were being like that with me, I'd have probably just quit. Luckily it was happoening to everyone and enough of us spoke up, and the manager was moved aside.

Bullying is never acceptable mate.

2 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I'm not interested in playing your silly games. We the voters are the governments boss and they are the boss of the civil service. They are there to be impartial and deliver what that government and it's ministers ask of it. That's it. Not to ignore, dither and delay. I hope more of them come forward and paint targets on their backs. Makes it easier to get rid of the ones who think they are in charge. 

There is so much more to it than that. They advise, for example. They advise of legality of ministerial actions, on how to behave towards (eg foreign heads of state, on a whole range of things.

The Civil Service is not just a bunch of penpushers.

53 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

There is so much more to it than that. They advise, for example. They advise of legality of ministerial actions, on how to behave towards (eg foreign heads of state, on a whole range of things.

The Civil Service is not just a bunch of penpushers.

It's painstakingly obvious that those who are coming forward are not impartial. 

9 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

It's painstakingly obvious that those who are coming forward are not impartial. 

What has that to do with the behaviour of the minister of the crown? Are they fair game if they are not impartial? Is there not a procedure for disciplinary measures for those not doing their jobs?

I see Tommy Robinson has been arrested and charged again for apprehending a man who allegedly sexually assaulted his daughter in Center Parcs.

It appears all of the media accidentally forgot to report why he apprehended the 'victim'.

Absolutely despicable reporting.

I thought we were supposed to be fighting against the sexual exploitation of females?

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I see Tommy Robinson has been arrested and charged again for apprehending a man who allegedly sexually assaulted his daughter in Center Parcs.

It appears all of the media accidentally forgot to report why he apprehended the 'victim'.

If it's not been reported by the media - how are you aware of the details? I've only read what was in the media - that he punched someone (again) and got arrested (again).

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Absolutely despicable reporting.

I thought we were supposed to be fighting against the sexual exploitation of females?

I think you've missed the significance of the word allegedly in there. You don't get to assault people, even if it's proved true. You go through due process and the legal system deals with the appropriate punishment.

And for the record, I read all the details including the alleged sexual assault. Not sure what media you're looking at.

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

So you're actually advocating for her methods? You think it's OK to bully people with clear mental health problems, to the point of suicide attempts. Because of some kind of vague notion of "draining a swamp" (aka removing anyone who does not do as you say)?

I've had bosses in the past who have tried to bully me in much the same way as people are describing Patel's methods. They do it because they are out of their depth, insecure and out of ideas. They lack the intellectual capacity to get their own way through other means.

If someone had tried to say that it was ME who was the problem, and that it was all my fault they were being like that with me, I'd have probably just quit. Luckily it was happoening to everyone and enough of us spoke up, and the manager was moved aside.

Bullying is never acceptable mate.

No it is not ,, but and it’s a big but ,it has to be investigated properly and proven ,there’s posts on here just taking it at face value and saying get rid of her , now that’s very wrong too as we seem to live in a world now where the answers to any problem some have with others is to just accuse them of something unpalatable and job done whether that be bigotry, sexual impropriety, bullying or all manner of stuff 

now I don’t know the circumstances of this case but if proven the out her quick smart but I’m sure you don’t know them either

7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I think you've missed the significance of the word allegedly in there. You don't get to assault people, even if it's proved true. You go through due process and the legal system deals with the appropriate punishment.

And for the record, I read all the details including the alleged sexual assault. Not sure what media you're looking at.

In theory you are right but if someone sexually assaults my children then I’m not sure I’m going to be thinking straight protecting our children is probably the strongest natural instinct we humans have

Archived