The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

28 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

If it's not been reported by the media - how are you aware of the details? I've only read what was in the media - that he punched someone (again) and got arrested (again).

Carried out a bit more research into what happened.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I think you've missed the significance of the word allegedly in there. You don't get to assault people, even if it's proved true. You go through due process and the legal system deals with the appropriate punishment.

And for the record, I read all the details including the alleged sexual assault. Not sure what media you're looking at.

So you get arrested for alleged assault but the 'victim' did not get arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 8 year old girl?

I'll post links up later to how it was reported in the media.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you get arrested for alleged assault but the 'victim' did not get arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 8 year old girl?

So now two wrongs do make a right, is that it?

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

In theory you are right but if someone sexually assaults my children then I’m not sure I’m going to be thinking straight protecting our children is probably the strongest natural instinct we humans have

Not saying I don't understand, or would empathise (if it's proved true) - but he's got form for violence and not telling the truth, so I'll wait for a full investigation before making any decision.

@SchtivePesley @GboroRam @G STAR RAM

I saw this yesterday and sighed to myself 'whats he done now' but yeah, the media have been leading people to the conclusions that they want them to draw once again;

https://news.sky.com/story/tommy-robinson-charged-with-assault-over-center-parcs-swimming-pool-altercation-11948672

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11083264/tommy-robinson-arrested-common-assault-row-center-parcs-swimming-pool/

No mention of what led to the dust up, just your typical;

'A source claimed that the loud-mouth confronted a male holidaymaker before "smacking" him in the face.'

If you only get your news from 'trusted' sources then you've only got half the picture Im afraid.  Yeah he could have acted differently but he's getting a lot of support on twitter (and not just from his usual crowd) but from people saying they would have done similar.  I'm damn sure I'd have stood idly by if I saw someone groping my 8yo...

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Not saying I don't understand, or would empathise (if it's proved true) - but he's got form for violence and not telling the truth, so I'll wait for a full investigation before making any decision.

Yep fully with you on that

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

You're a NPC meme ?

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I held my nose and read the Daily Mail report. They do mention that TR later claimed to his "followers" that he was trying to prevent a man from leaving the scene of an alleged sexual assault. But it probably says a lot when a paper that is usually pretty sympathetic to people like him, is being cagey about how they report it.

You're right to question why only TR was arrested if that is true. But none of us were there, so why not wait until more facts come out?

You're always the first to demand hard evidence when people allege stuff that you think is unproven.

Even so - it is a fact that punching someone in the face is considered unnecessary force, if all you wanted to do was prevent them leaving the scene.  A busy swimming pool. Surrounded by families. Shouting "this guy just touched my kid - help me pin him down and someone call the police" would have also worked, but without the assault charge

6 minutes ago, maxjam said:

If you only get your news from 'trusted' sources then you've only got half the picture Im afraid.  Yeah he could have acted differently but he's getting a lot of support on twitter (and not just from his usual crowd) but from people saying they would have done similar.  I'm damn sure I'd have stood idly by if I saw someone groping my 8yo...

Interested to know which "trusted source" you got the information from that there was "groping of an 8 year old" going on?

I'm no fan of the MSM as you know, but in this case it seems to me that they are reporting facts and not hearsay - which is kind of their job.

Not to say it didn't happen - none of us know, but again it's  fact that most child abuse goes on behind closed doors and not in a very public swimming pool....in front of the father...who also just happens to be a prominent hardline voice against child grooming....

just saying

8 hours ago, Andicis said:

Well, looks likely that Biden is going to be the democratic nominee. Not convinced he stands much chance of beating Trump at all.

Yeah, it's looking good for Biden now, it's just him and Sanders left and the whole Democratic Party Establishment seems to be backing Biden at this stage. If it is Biden, it will mean that the Democrats are going to run two dud nominees against Trump in consecutive presidential elections. 

The debates between Trump and Biden won't matter much, they will be farcical.  The befuddled gaffe prone Biden, who doesn't really have any policies of note against Trump who will concentrate on lies and insults to cover the fact he has practically no in-depth knowledge on any policy issue. 

Biden being Obama's VP does make him immensely popular with black voters though, a hugely important demographic for the Democrats. 

4 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Interested to know which "trusted source" you got the information from that there was "groping of an 8 year old" going on?

I'm no fan of the MSM as you know, but in this case it seems to me that they are reporting facts and not hearsay - which is kind of their job.

Not to say it didn't happen - none of us know, but again it's  fact that most child abuse goes on behind closed doors and not in a very public swimming pool....in front of the father...who also just happens to be a prominent hardline voice against child grooming....

just saying

Len fairclough?

8 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

The media, especially Sky have got form twisting the truth when it comes to TR.  I watched one interview he did with Jason Farrell a while back when they were talking about an educational video the Dutch government published for school children on the dangers of grooming gangs, TR said, 'I don't care if it incites violence' - Sky News made that the headline but changed his words to 'I don't care if I incite violence'.  

Re. what happened this week, there is a video of him being arrested on twitter, he is er, 'adamant' about what happened.  The few links I googled to get info on the story didn't even bother to report an 'alleged assault' on his daughter causing the altercation, just implied he'd randomly hit someone for no reason. 

41 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I held my nose and read the Daily Mail report. They do mention that TR later claimed to his "followers" that he was trying to prevent a man from leaving the scene of an alleged sexual assault. But it probably says a lot when a paper that is usually pretty sympathetic to people like him, is being cagey about how they report it.

You're right to question why only TR was arrested if that is true. But none of us were there, so why not wait until more facts come out?

You're always the first to demand hard evidence when people allege stuff that you think is unproven.

Even so - it is a fact that punching someone in the face is considered unnecessary force, if all you wanted to do was prevent them leaving the scene.  A busy swimming pool. Surrounded by families. Shouting "this guy just touched my kid - help me pin him down and someone call the police" would have also worked, but without the assault charge

I've watched the video of him being arrested.

Police had spoken to his daughter who had reported the sexual assault but the police needed to do more investigating.

Yet they didnt need to do any investigating before arresting Tommy Robinson.

Where is your evidence that he punched him in the face by the way?

34 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Yeah, it's looking good for Biden now, it's just him and Sanders left and the whole Democratic Party Establishment seems to be backing Biden at this stage. If it is Biden, it will mean that the Democrats are going to run two dud nominees against Trump in consecutive presidential elections. 

The debates between Trump and Biden won't matter much, they will be farcical.  The befuddled gaffe prone Biden, who doesn't really have any policies of note against Trump who will concentrate on lies and insults to cover the fact he has practically no in-depth knowledge on any policy issue. 

Biden being Obama's VP does make him immensely popular with black voters though, a hugely important demographic for the Democrats. 

The Biden v Trump TV debates will be a laugh. They are barely capable of stringing a coherent sentence together between them.

I watched the video. It's quite a difficult case to balance. Tommy doesn't do himself any favours with his anger issues, but you have to say that the police seem to have been incredibly naive/stupid to act in the way they did. Perhaps if they had asked to "interview" Tommy in connection with an "alleged assault" whilst they were doing some the same thing about the "alleged" offence involving his daughter you'd get a better outcome overall.

He needs to lay off the bar room lawyer stuff about what he's within his rights to do. The law is a different matter to what any individual might interpret is "natural justice".

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I watched the video. It's quite a difficult case to balance. Tommy doesn't do himself any favours with his anger issues, but you have to say that the police seem to have been incredibly naive/stupid to act in the way they did. Perhaps if they had asked to "interview" Tommy in connection with an "alleged assault" whilst they were doing some the same thing about the "alleged" offence involving his daughter you'd get a better outcome overall.

He needs to lay off the bar room lawyer stuff about what he's within his rights to do. The law is a different matter to what any individual might interpret is "natural justice".

Agree.  He's his own worst enemy, its not the first incident and won't be the last - anyone with a brain could 'play' him to make sure he got put away for a long time!

I gave it 2 mins of my time yesterday and was once again disappointed in the way it had been reported, like a number of things that have been in (or not in) the press recently.  Winds me up immensely when I see 'why you can trust us' links to various articles when if you know what to l;ook for, the bias is overt and obvious. 

Archived