The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ok, understand the irony angle now.

So if you are aware of why elections are held, do you not think the citizens should have a bit more say in deciding the people that hold the positions of power in the EU?

Never voted for the Queen and would probably vote to scrap the monarchy.

Didnt vote for Dominic Cummings, I've never know any Government adviser that has been elected, but I did vote for his boss who I was aware would use advisers.

£135 million profit every year in tourism.

Independent ambassadors for the country for trade.

Highlighting, helping charities.

Video calling nurses around the world during a pandemic.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8311971/amp/Queen-joins-Prince-Charles-Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-speak-nurses.html

4 minutes ago, cstand said:

£135 million profit every year in tourism.

Independent ambassadors for the country for trade.

Highlighting, helping charities.

Video calling nurses around the world during a pandemic.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8311971/amp/Queen-joins-Prince-Charles-Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-speak-nurses.html

Tourism is the only reason I would keep them.

All the other things you list can be done by anyone.

50 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So if you are aware of why elections are held, do you not think the citizens should have a bit more say in deciding the people that hold the positions of power in the EU?

Who do you consider as the unelected EU representatives in positions of power? I mean, the MEPs are all elected. Who are you talking about?

3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Who do you consider as the unelected EU representatives in positions of power? I mean, the MEPs are all elected. Who are you talking about?

You do realise you are having another JHB moment again.?

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Tourism is the only reason I would keep them.

All the other things you list can be done by anyone.

All the other things can be done by anyone but not as good as the royal family.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ok, understand the irony angle now.

Never voted for the Queen and would probably vote to scrap the monarchy.

Didnt vote for Dominic Cummings, I've never know any Government adviser that has been elected, but I did vote for his boss who I was aware would use advisers.

If you voted for Johnson, do you live in his Uxbridge and South Ruislip constituency or are you a member of the Conservative Party? 

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No and no. Sure you know what I meant.

So the person who holds the most powerful position in our government. Got put there on the say so of a small percentage of the nation. And you claim the EU is undemocratic.

2 hours ago, cstand said:

All the other things can be done by anyone but not as good as the royal family.

A bit like haemophilia then. The royal family are pretty good at carrying that.

47 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So the person who holds the most powerful position in our government. Got put there on the say so of a small percentage of the nation. And you claim the EU is undemocratic.

Yes the two are really comparable 

I for one I'm glad we are out of the EU. It's full of unelected MEPs that were voted in.

Finally, we will be free to trade with who we want. Enough of all that unelected red tape. The country is this article is how the UK will turn out hopefully. It's called democracy!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/15/us-coronavirus-meat-packing-plants-food

Archived