The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'll await the proof of Nissan closing its Sunderland factory like we were told was going to happen in the run up to the Brexit vote then...

I know Brexit was done and everything, but there seems like a couple of technicalities to sort out first. Easiest deal in history though.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Eddie 2016: Whinge whinge whinge, Conservative dimwits

Eddie 2020: Whinge whinge whinge, Conservative dimwits

It's ok...its only a joke...and he has blocked me anyway ?

You need to think about getting a new gag writer. The one your using at the moment isn't very good.

18 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Deflection of what?

You are happy to have unelected politicians I am not.

If you're happy to have unelected politicians then surely you must have absolutely no problem with unelected advisers?

You cant have it both ways.

So have a go at answering  the question rather than just posting a silly picture.

Incorrect - I questioned who these "unelected politicians" are that you are so unhappy with - given that we do elect MEPs and your answer was so wishy-washy it might as well have been starring in Panto

So I asked you to explain a bit more deeply what your actual problem was, and instead of that you brought up Dominic Cummings?! Essentially your answer was not an answer but the biggest defelction since the beachball in the Sunderland Liverpool match

So unless you're prepared to answer the question about who these unelected politicians are that you dislike, and what specifically it is that they do which you are unhappy with then I guess the conversation is over

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

Incorrect - I questioned who these "unelected politicians" are that you are so unhappy with - given that we do elect MEPs and your answer was so wishy-washy it might as well have been starring in Panto

So I asked you to explain a bit more deeply what your actual problem was, and instead of that you brought up Dominic Cummings?! Essentially your answer was not an answer but the biggest defelction since the beachball in the Sunderland Liverpool match

So unless you're prepared to answer the question about who these unelected politicians are that you dislike, and what specifically it is that they do which you are unhappy with then I guess the conversation is over

I answered and said I am unhappy with the European Commission. Although they are elected, it is through the back door as they are not elected by the people they represent.

Do I have to be unhappy with anything they have done to not like the process?

Now we will try again. Do you apply the same principles to Dominic Cummings as you do to the European Commission?

10 hours ago, 1of4 said:

You need to think about getting a new gag writer. The one your using at the moment isn't very good.

It's no longer defending the indefensible. It's just the automatic gainsaying of anything I like, think, advocate or presume to be reasonable. There are about 5 of them, and when one piles in, they all do. It's as if they share a common bond - or a common brain cell.

51 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's no longer defending the indefensible. It's just the automatic gainsaying of anything I like, think, advocate or presume to be reasonable. There are about 5 of them, and when one piles in, they all do. It's as if they share a common bond - or a common brain cell.

You neglected to use the word ‘morons’, normally your default.. Oh I forgot that won’t be your style will it.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Now we will try again. Do you apply the same principles to Dominic Cummings as you do to the European Commission?

Where did I state what my principles were on the subject?

Special Advisers have always been a part of our government machinations. I don't have a particular axe to grind about that. I think Cummings personally is a bit of a weirdo with some dodgy ideas, but I don't hold him up to be the bogey man that some do. There are far greater problems with our democratic institution than one guy.

But now you're in danger of undermining your own argument, like you did with your "if I'm a racist then Diane Abbot must be a racist too" thing.

Because as you will recall, the only point I made was that the construct of the EU is what it is. A method to govern an economic union of countries fairly. If you think it's unfair purely because it doesn't favour "your team" by design, then you must be very sympathetic towards Scotland and their calls for independence. And you also must despise Cummings?

9 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Where did I state what my principles were on the subject?

Special Advisers have always been a part of our government machinations. I don't have a particular axe to grind about that. I think Cummings personally is a bit of a weirdo with some dodgy ideas, but I don't hold him up to be the bogey man that some do. There are far greater problems with our democratic institution than one guy.

But now you're in danger of undermining your own argument, like you did with your "if I'm a racist then Diane Abbot must be a racist too" thing.

Because as you will recall, the only point I made was that the construct of the EU is what it is. A method to govern an economic union of countries fairly. If you think it's unfair purely because it doesn't favour "your team" by design, then you must be very sympathetic towards Scotland and their calls for independence. And you also must despise Cummings?

Yes I sympathise with Scotland. Well people in Scotland that voted for independence...a vote that they lost you will recall.

Why would I despise Cummings? I voted Conservative, knowing full well that they would used advisers?

I have never ever voted for or against the European Commission because I do not have the option. If I thought Cummings was wielding too much power I have the option to vote for another party other than Conseevative.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12811174

Not really the best place for reasonable debate , I’ve come to realise there are a certain few that if you disagree with or point out the flaw in their opinion you just face personal insults and or insulting accusations of being a racist or right wing neo Nazi, below average intelligence,have figured that it’s best not to respond in kind , shame really as it could/ should be a real good platform for reasonable debate

On 17/05/2020 at 20:59, AndyinLiverpool said:

The burden of proof is less strict for the right

Apparenty Donald Trump Jr. has been posting on social media that Joe Biden is a paedophile, and his other son Eric Trump has revealed that coronavirus is a Democrat hoax which will magically, all of a sudden, go away and disappear after the presidential elections on 3 November.

It was on Fox News so it must be true. And anybody who doesn't believe it is a fake and a threat to our wonderful country.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-jr-pedophile-biden-accuse-instagram-twitter-a9518831.html

Archived