The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

Just now, i-Ram said:

“Many Chinese students are now fleeing back to China, and I have been struggling to make a decision” said the one student on which the whole headline was based. Click bait shizzle.

Think you're downplaying this too much. Bet Martin Luther King is turning in his grave.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

People wearing masks were called virus and shoved...have I missed the racist attacks?

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The bit where they wound down the window and sneezed is some of the worst racism I've ever read about to be fair. Makes me ashamed to be white.

If some eastern Europeans were name-calling your kids and shoving them around I think you'd have plenty to say. Pretending otherwise just makes you look a bit simple. Clearly you feel it's fine that Chinese kids are subject to harassment you consider wholly inconsequential, but most folk would rather they suffered no form of intimidation at all rather than ignorantly sneering about it as you have chosen to. 

10 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I posted the article merely to illustrate that @SchtivePesley's claims have at least some basis in fact. Whether you choose to acknowledge as much or not is of less interest to me than you suppose.

The claims of @SchtivePesley have as much basis in fact as your assertion over the weekend that Johnson and his Cronies knew about Coronavirus in October. Whether you choose to acknowledge as much or not is of less interest to me than you suppose.

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

If some eastern Europeans were name-calling your kids and shoving them around I think you'd have plenty to say. Pretending otherwise just makes you look a bit simple. Clearly you feel it's fine that Chinese kids are subject to harassment you consider wholly inconsequential, but most folk would rather they suffered no form of intimidation at all rather than ignorantly sneering about it as you have chosen to. 

If anyone was name calling my kids and shoving them around I'd have plenty to say,  not sure what your infatuation with Eastern Europeans is?

I dont feel it's fine that Chinese kids are subject to harassment, just as I wouldnt if it was my kids.

Just wondering what it has to do with racism if someone wearing a mask gets sneezed at though? People I know have been wearing masks, are they allowed to claim racism? What about the police that have been spat and coughed at, can they claim racism?

54 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Youre looking forward to it? Probably your worst ever post.

I put that in deliberately as I knew all the usual suspects would go for that and ignore the actual point. It's totally obvious that I clearly would be upset if morons followed Trump's lead and attacked people based on nothing but racial prejudice. But the heroic defenders of absolute free speech/casual racism on here can never understand that the words of powerful people have major consequences. Media hypocrisy is normal and expected, but that doesn't mean the people who try and divide get a free pass.

Fortunately for you, you are never the target of these powerful people, and seem unable to look at subjects on here from someone else's point of view. It's not too much to ask that our leaders don't use inflammatory language that puts certain people at risk, is it? Especially when it's completely transparent they are doing it to cover up their own failings.

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

I put that in deliberately as I knew all the usual suspects would go for that and ignore the actual point. It's totally obvious that I clearly would be upset if morons followed Trump's lead and attacked people based on nothing but racial prejudice. But the heroic defenders of absolute free speech/casual racism on here can never understand that the words of powerful people have major consequences. Media hypocrisy is normal and expected, but that doesn't mean the people who try and divide get a free pass.

Fortunately for you, you are never the target of these powerful people, and seem unable to look at subjects on here from someone else's point of view. It's not too much to ask that our leaders don't use inflammatory language that puts certain people at risk, is it? Especially when it's completely transparent they are doing it to cover up their own failings.

1 - Well done for deliberately putting that. To be honest I also look forward to the next grooming scandal to be revealed too

2 - You know absolutely nothing about me or my background so please dont assume 

3 - It only seems to be the lefties on here that see the use of Chinese Flu as inflammatory language. I imagine me, and all of us supposed right wing  racist posters on here dont even bat an eyelid despite it being our supposed call to arms against Chinese people 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If anyone was name calling my kids and shoving them around I'd have plenty to say,  not sure what your infatuation with Eastern Europeans is?

I dont feel it's fine that Chinese kids are subject to harassment, just as I wouldnt if it was my kids.

Just wondering what it has to do with racism if someone wearing a mask gets sneezed at though? People I know have been wearing masks, are they allowed to claim racism? What about the police that have been spat and coughed at, can they claim racism?

They are being targeted because they are Chinese. Are you really so dim-witted that you need that explained to you?

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

They are being targeted because they are Chinese. Are you really so dim-witted that you need that explained to you?

Clearly you havent read the article then, it says they are being targeted for wearing masks. I've seen people that are not Chinese wearing masks too. 

If you're going to explain it to me can you give some credible evidence because you're getting a bit of a reputation for just posting complete BS recently.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Clearly you havent read the article then, it says they are being targeted for wearing masks. I've seen people that are not Chinese wearing masks too. 

If you're going to explain it to me can you give some credible evidence because you're getting a bit of a reputation for just posting complete BS recently.

My reputation amongst your ilk matters not one iota to me as you well know. If I seriously felt any kinship to you I'd take myself out into the garden and end it ?

38 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

1 - Well done for deliberately putting that. To be honest I also look forward to the next grooming scandal to be revealed too

2 - You know absolutely nothing about me or my background so please dont assume 

3 - It only seems to be the lefties on here that see the use of Chinese Flu as inflammatory language. I imagine me, and all of us supposed right wing  racist posters on here dont even bat an eyelid despite it being our supposed call to arms against Chinese people 

Bat an eye lid brilliant ?

Archived