The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

I’ve got an idea - why don’t we start an Argument Thread so that the usual suspects who hijack practically every thread, to argue amongst themselves and obfuscate the real purpose of the discussion can have their meltdowns and petty squabbles away from the rest of us.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bigfella said:

I’ve got an idea - why don’t we start an Argument Thread so that the usual suspects who hijack practically every thread, to argue amongst themselves and obfuscate the real purpose of the discussion can have their meltdowns and petty squabbles away from the rest of us.

That's a stupid idea. Why would anyone think that's a good suggestion? I vehemently disagree with it and will defend this hill to the death.

13 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

spacer.png

Look at this lot.  Hope there residency in Butlins Skegness for next year gets cancelled .  Awful behaviour I'm sure you'll all agree.

I won't hear a word said against these brave boys.

I went to the Northampton Balloon Festival in about 1996 (I think). There was about 5,000 lager-addled sun burnt ruffians watching, and normally it would be no place for some floppy haired lads who had reached the end of their 15 minute walk down 1980s memory lane.

They stoically filled in when Curiosity Killed the Cat's lead singer was stuck on the train up from London.  (The CKC bloke eventually running onto the stage when he finally got there.) They did their bit and then went Straight Back Down there.

We all cheered and not one bottle of urine flew.

Obviously later the headline act, Mr Howard Jones, was majestic and a good time was had by all.

Simpler times.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Provided they work, I don’t care if we get them from North Korea.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Provided they work, I don’t care if we get them from North Korea.

Dr Shipman himself could fit it on me if it worked.

45 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

They aren't counties so you have made yourself look silly there.

My kids have got an online geography class this afternoon if you would like to join them?

No I'm fine with geografy its me spellin Is no gud at. Let me now when there dose english.

23 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

That's a stupid idea. Why would anyone think that's a good suggestion? I vehemently disagree with it and will defend this hill to the death.

That's an even more stupid idea.

@Bigfella is ten times the man you will ever be. An argument thread? You are a total Gammon Leftie Tory scum bag knownothing snowflake remoaner fascist.

I have got 40 years experience on the frontline of argument thread suggestions, and you are a disgrace. You are not fit to lick the shoes of Diane Abbott or Nigel Farage.

I was at school with Dick Turpin, Fidel Castro and the Krays, so if you want to start PM me and we will meet at an unknown Derbyshire location and my Bake Off group will mess you up, you muddyfunster.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think he is pointing out that these incidents happened in February yet Trump didnt first use the term Chinese virus until mid March and therefore trying to put the blame for these 'alleged' racist incidents at the door of Trump is wrong.

Well I never said it was anything to do with Trump. I was trying to point out that people were abusing chinese students long before Trump started using the inflammatory language

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Also interested to know even these are actual racist incidents

Masks weren't in the equation at this point - it was students abusing Chinese/Asian students for the sin of being out in public

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

So your "suspicions" are more accurate than my wife's actually viewing of the actual reports of racial abuse? That's pretty funny haha

Just to be clear are you saying that the reports never happened and my wife is a liar (in which case she has a choice word for you that I can PM if necessary) - or are you just playing the "it's not racist by my particular definition of racism" card?

Please share the details of the University your wife works at, and her position. I have some time on my hands so I am happy to make a Freedom of Information request to find out the number of actual reports of racial abuse involving Chinese students over the 29 day period.  Until then my suspicions will remain. Please do not PM me - I think I can guess the word, and besides I am all for social inclusion.

38 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah, but didn't Diane Abbot say something racist about white people whilst her shoes were on wrong?

Not really sure what that has got to do with this, unless it's another one of your cryptic posts.

Silly comment from Farage. 

I certainly dont want to see China benefitting from this virus which they tried keep hidden but if it's a matter of life and death that becomes irrelevant.

FWIW yes Dianne Abbot did make a comment which perfectly fits the description of racism, what was your point?

1 hour ago, Bigfella said:

This is the Argument Thread ?

19 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

That's good to know. thought I was on a personal insults thread for a while.

Occasionally some of the posters in the argument thread become somewhat over stimulated and resort to insulting fellow Rams in support of their own point of view.  One of the regrettable hazards of this thread. 

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, GboroRam said:

I mean, would anyone want to use this as a stick to beat the Chinese with?

Can we sell Farage to china?

Archived