The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

My missus works in a University - where they have a lot of chinese students. The number of racist incidents against them reported in February was nearly 100 - compared to the usual (zero).  I guess some weak-minded people just need to have an "other"  to project their fears onto, when they can't rationalise what a viral disease actually means. Same people who used to call AIDS the "gay plague".

Honest Interested question , when did trump first refer to it as Chinese flu?

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Honest Interested question , when did trump first refer to it as Chinese flu?

Quick look on Google and most of the articles seem to start in mid March.

Seems to debunk the theory given that these alleged incidents happened in February doesnt it?

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Fair play, you got me. I am actually looking forward to seeing innocent east asian people get killed.

(Wondering if I actually have to point out here that I'm not been serious so all the Snowflake don't get offended again)

I'm not taking it seriously because you didnt get a dig at Johnson, Trump, Farage or Robinson in. Not your style.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

If anyone was name calling my kids and shoving them around I'd have plenty to say,  not sure what your infatuation with Eastern Europeans is?

I dont feel it's fine that Chinese kids are subject to harassment, just as I wouldnt if it was my kids.

Just wondering what it has to do with racism if someone wearing a mask gets sneezed at though? People I know have been wearing masks, are they allowed to claim racism? What about the police that have been spat and coughed at, can they claim racism?

Exactly. 2 wongs don't make a right

9 hours ago, rynny said:

10 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Diabetes home starter kit?

Love the token apple in the middle of all that crap. Probably a bit of plastic garnish. 

Some fibre in the tea bags at least. If you eat them. 

13 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Nearly 100 you say. Nearer 001 I suspect

So your "suspicions" are more accurate than my wife's actually viewing of the actual reports of racial abuse? That's pretty funny haha

Just to be clear are you saying that the reports never happened and my wife is a liar (in which case she has a choice word for you that I can PM if necessary) - or are you just playing the "it's not racist by my particular definition of racism" card?

11 hours ago, rynny said:

38 minutes ago, TramRam said:

If you take the H N I and C from the crunchie and the A from the apple it makes a countrys name.

Great a new puzzle game, to help pass the time. What counties can you make from the objects in the picture.@TramRam has got one, not sure where Hnica is, but I've got Italy and Peru.

11 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Great a new puzzle game, to help pass the time. What counties can you make from the objects in the picture.@TramRam has got one, not sure where Hnica is, but I've got Italy and Peru.

If i'd have spelt it out then it wouldn't have been a puzzle now would it.

30 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

So your "suspicions" are more accurate than my wife's actually viewing of the actual reports of racial abuse? That's pretty funny haha

Just to be clear are you saying that the reports never happened and my wife is a liar (in which case she has a choice word for you that I can PM if necessary) - or are you just playing the "it's not racist by my particular definition of racism" card?

Think he is pointing out that these incidents happened in February yet Trump didnt first use the term Chinese virus until mid March and therefore trying to put the blame for these 'alleged' racist incidents at the door of Trump is wrong.

Also interested to know even these are actual racist incidents, or just mythical ones like in the link that one of your fellow protagonists posted up, which showed that people were being targeted for wearing masks rather than anything to do with where they came from or their skin colour?

15 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

They aren't counties so you have made yourself look silly there.

My kids have got an online geography class this afternoon if you would like to join them?

Archived