v Barnsley (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm happy with back to back wins for the first time.this season. It's you that is annoyed because your poster boy wasnt involved.

Wonder how many views threads from 2014 are getting currently, because that’s where the opinions are clearly from.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Decent enough performance in the end, we should have been so much more comfortable though. Marriott’s four chances he didn’t take and Rooney’s header could’ve seen us absolutely hammer Barnsley.

I wasn’t impressed with the substitutions, felt like we invited way too much pressure for too long but we dealt with it well. Did Whittaker move? I don’t really understand bringing him on if he’s not going to do anything. I’d have thought a young lad with something to prove would’ve been busting a gut for his 10 minutes, but maybe he was instructed to hold position, I don’t know.

Oh no you can't say that. Other posters find that unacceptable when I say it. Just warning you. ?

24 minutes ago, KCG said:

Rowett rightly got a lot of stick for being overly negative and so should Cocu. We could easily have conceded in the last 10 minutes.

im happy playing negative if we get a result and if we see youth given a chance.

Rooney: class is permanent.

Incredible performance as well from our three young lads. Knight tireless. Bird improving on the ball. Max Lowe looking like the best god damn left back in the Championship ?

Glad to see Marriott get a goal, too. Hopefully he can kick on now with a run in the side.

Can't wait to see what this team can do with a couple of new signings, along with Bielik, Shinnie, Bogle and Lawrence back in the mix.

Only criticism: Scott Malone. Accident waiting to happen, for me. 

UP THE BLOODY RAMS ?

IMG_20190801_134557.jpg

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Please do not play Rooney in the FA Cup. Pointless.

Rooney says Marriott was casual and lazy. Get to the point, Wayne. Very refreshing.

Also interesting to note that when Marriott scored Rooney didn't go to him to celebrate but went straight over to Waghorn when he scored.

7 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

They were unbeaten in 5. They had talented players and put a shift in.

We had an inexperienced team that isn’t in great form.

We’ve just won back to back games for the first time this season. Bore off.

Could beat Barcelona 5-0 and you’d find fault. 

Ha ha ha the point is we couldn't, and we only just held off Barnsley.

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

And big Huddlestone, but you can't drop Bird with the form he's in, which leaves Cocu with a bit of a predicament. 

I wouldn't personally play Huddlestone when Rooney is playing. Not sure we can afford to lose that much mobility in one go.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh no you can't say that. Other posters find that unacceptable when I say it. Just warning you. ?

Ah playing the victim...... seen this so many times in other fields of debate..... 

22 minutes ago, drgoodspeak said:

Wazza, Wizza, Waggers!

Massive commentary opportunity missed there!

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

In my head, the commo for the winner went something like...

"Wazza... Wizzer... Waggy... Wallop... Winner"!

Oops!  Only just seen this.  Didn't mean to nick it, so let's just say great minds think alike!    ?

Archived